Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Pretty neat advertising for the Lion single.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4468046

Couldn't see it for some reason.

Anyways speaking of promotions for the Lion single check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVof51xjn3w :)

BTW...in the video I posted Megumi Nakajima and May'n look HOT. :ph34r: Especially Megumi with that school-type getup and the necktie. :ph34r::blink:

Edited by grss1982

You know, based on the episode descriptions hidden behind all the spoiler tags, I wouldn't be surprised if we get

a reverse SDF:M ending. The massive alien fleet defolds over the planet and begins to lay waste, wiping out most of the civilization. Except the massive alien fleet is the Frontier fleet. And it's Ranka who acts as the catalyst to get part of the fleet to join forces with the Vajra, turning around and pointing their guns at Leon and Grace. Or maybe more DYRL style, with after the initial bombardment we have two fleets in orbit, pounding away at each other, Galaxy and Frontier, with the SMS and the Vajra caught in the middle.

That could be a really awesome finale, and I can see how they could wrap it up in the next few episodes.

That reminds me of

some old magazine interview in which Kawamori supposedly said (in regards to the Frontier fleet): "Wouldn't it be interesting if they were to get a culture shock?" Anyone else remember this and where it was from, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Anyway this is the ending I've been thinking frontier is heading for if it's going to be wrapped up completely by episode 25. Seems I'm not the only one.

That reminds me of

some old magazine interview in which Kawamori supposedly said (in regards to the Frontier fleet): "Wouldn't it be interesting if they were to get a culture shock?" Anyone else remember this and where it was from, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Anyway this is the ending I've been thinking frontier is heading for if it's going to be wrapped up completely by episode 25. Seems I'm not the only one.

Now that you mention it, I seem to recall that, too.

And why the preview of last week was an indication of that? I don't remember seeing Ozma in it... :blink:

Its a long shot, but......

ozma.jpg

This was posted by Spud387 over at the Episode 21 Thread ==>> http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=650910

They changed the pictures for others. :blink:

I finally saw it. Advertising trucks like that are starting to become all the rave here in Cebu. :)

Pretty neat advertising for the Lion single.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4468046

@UN Spacy: Found some bigger pics at Animesuki.....posted by mikoo ===>> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...;postcount=1163

2j3myc5.jpg

257jdci.jpg

28wkqhj.jpg

Edited by grss1982

I don't necessarily disagree with either one of you, but this one just struck me. was there any actualy episode where Galaxy was established as the power behind the scenes? Sure, we have grace and her multiple AIs, but aside from showing the galaxy fleet on cam while the AIs are talking, we don't see any indication that the Galaxy is actually the puppet master.

I don't read spoilers so I won't quote Magnuskn. Glad to have a way out :D

Anyway, Vajra were influenced into attacking Frontier, but they are not puppets and don't necessarily do Galaxy's biddings. They could attack Frontier even when Galaxy doesn't want it, as demonstrated by ep. 20/21.

FV

I can't be bothered reading the whole threat. So is episode 25 going to be the final. If so, is it really called "Your sound"???

Taksraven

Looks like it...and hey! "Anata no Oto" is the title of a Ranka song, so your previous speculation about the final episode's title wasn't far off...

Its a long shot, but......

Very bad vibes from that and the change in the next episode's pics at the official site...

Dammit, I guess it is

confirmed now fellas... Ozma is dead meat on 22

:unsure:

I really really hope I'm wrong...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Very bad vibes from that and the change in the next episode's pics at the official site...

Dammit, I guess it is

confirmed now fellas... Ozma is dead meat on 22

:unsure:

The site may have mistakenly placed the pic instead of whats now. We've seen a lot of images with Ozma in his flight suit. It may have been from an older episode for all we know.

I'm not saying its not possible for Ozma to die but after episode 17 it doesn't seem he'll buy the farm this series.

The site may have mistakenly placed the pic instead of whats now. We've seen a lot of images with Ozma in his flight suit. It may have been from an older episode for all we know.

I'm not saying its not possible for Ozma to die but after episode 17 it doesn't seem he'll buy the farm this series.

That scene was awsome, for a seccond I feared for Ozma's life... wow I think I actually hoped he would've killed Alto there

Top 10 anime dvd sales of last week. No Frontier. :(

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...-27-september-2

This was MF vol. 1's rank when it came out:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...king-july-24-30

Nothing usually stays on more than a week anyway, since that's where the initial demand is (unless it's a Miyasaki film or some such). It will be interesting when volume 2 comes out later on 9/26/08 to see if MacrossF can sustain the momentum.

hence why I am afraid we will get a 'goodbye' love confession.

I reckon she will somehow live, though-- but not before hitting the very edge of death.

So, do you think Alto will cook Soba? I mean, what's more traditional than buckwheat noodles, seriously?

I can see the advertisement now. "Killing off Vajra got you hungry? Try my noodles. They're O'tay" :p

quick info

NTバレ

ランカは全てのバシュラを母星に集めて、母星事自爆死しようとする

Ranka collecting all Bajura in the Mother Star, and self-destruction.

FULL info

地球からも新統合軍が新兵器惑星消滅兵器『フォールド兵器』を持って援軍として到着。

体制を立て直した新統合軍はバジュラの母星消滅を決定。

ランカが母星事、全てのバジュラと一緒に自爆死しようと知ったアルト達は、ランカを止めようと母星への強行突入を決行をする。

アルト達を信じたオズマは、単機で『フォールド兵器』を破壊しようと新統合軍に戦いを挑む。

NUNS decide to destroy Bajura's Mother Star with Fold Weapon.

Alto prevent Ranka self-destruction and destroy Fold Weapon.

S.M.S vs NUNS!!

What about my Sheryl?

Edited by kresphy

quick info

NTバレ

ランカは全てのバシュラを母星に集めて、母星事自爆死しようとする

Ranka collecting all Bajura in the Mother Star, and self-destruction.

Holy!!! The ending is going to be intense...!!!! :blink:

Where is that information from?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Okay... not quite the way I expected things to go. Doesn't actually fit completely with what we've learned yet, so there's going to be pretty intense development leading up to this point as well.

Also, I'd translate the longer spoiler as follows:

NUNS arrive as reinforcements from earth, carrying a new planet destroying "Fold Weapon".

The NUNS who have reworked their system decide to destroy the Vajra home planet.

Alto and co, who have learned that Ranka is gathering all the Vajra to the main planet and plans to self-destruct, rushes to the main planet to stop her.

Ozma, who believed in Alto and co, tries to destroy the "Fold Weapon" alone and challanges the NUNS.

Horrid wording but it contains more info than the other. I'll try to polish it a little once I've woken up more...

Edited by VF-25 Messiah