Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Hi guys, I was watching the Macross Radio through someone who uploaded it in nicovideo and apparently, episode 27 had some sort of timeline highlighting what events happened on which series. I put them together in the attached image. I think there's a tiny tidbit of when Ozma was born and it's around the time Fire Bomber became popular. I suppose there's nothing new except the "soshite... / and then..." at the end which means that we'd get more someday right?

post-6052-1223375400_thumb.jpg

Well now, if that thing's official (and I see no reason why it wouldn't be), we now have confirmation that the Global is "the 4th Macross Class Ship," NOT the SDF-4.

It ends where the series begins (the song princess Sheryl comes to the 25th SLREF). It doesn't include the events of the series.

I suppose there's nothing new except the "soshite... / and then..." at the end which means that we'd get more someday right?

post-6052-1223375400_thumb.jpg

and finally November 5 (Tokyo).

Hehehe... My birthday is on the 5th of November... ("Remember, remember...").

:lol:

Well now, if that thing's official (and I see no reason why it wouldn't be), we now have confirmation that the Global is "the 4th Macross Class Ship," NOT the SDF-4.

Err... didn't the Global had the "SDF-4 GLOBAL" name on its hull? I kinda remember that from episode 13...

:huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

More on May'n courtesy of ANN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...rm-in-singapore

Singapore's Anime Festival Asia has announced that May'n (May Nakabayashi), the singing voice of Sheryl Nome in the Macross Frontier anime series, will be performing at the November 22-23 event. May'n will be joining other guests including Kunio Okawara, the mechanical designer for Gundam, Votoms, and GaoGaiGar: King of Braves, and Genius Party Beyond co-director Koji Morimoto. May'n is performing for the first time outside Japan at this convention. Her first two singles, the Macross Frontier ending theme "Diamond Crevasse" and the "Lion" duet with Megumi Nakajima, both reached #3 on Oricon's CD singles chart this year. May'n is also appearing in three concerts in Japan this month and next month, including one at the famous Nippon Budōkan arena. Morimoto will be presenting Genius Party Beyond, Studio 4°C's anthology of five shorts by five promiment anime directors, at the Anime Festival Asia.

More details on May'N in Singapore.

http://www.darkmirage.com/2008/10/07/mayn-live-in-singapore/

May’n will be performing at least 7 songs. (holy crap .....i can't ask for more...except maybe Firebomber)

There will be an autograph session but the exact procedure for it has is to be determined. (not sure which to get her to sign...Nyan Taro? Diamond Crevasse? Lion?)

No additional ticket purchase is required for the concert; everything is included in the convention entry fee.

There may be premium tickets for reserved seats, but the details are yet to be confirmed.

Hmmm....now to make banners and stuff.

How come we don't get anything here in the states? :(

Oh hush. You got JAM Project this year and various many other stars over the years. Give South East Asia a chance. :p

*gloat gloat*

Well, it's not really Macross-related, but Mari Iijima plays all over the U.S. at conventions...and performs in Los Angeles every other month or so.

Yep, I got her to sign one of her CD's many years ago at an anime con here. ^_^

Given the popularity of Frontier, there is always still the possibility we might get a second season, perhaps after the movie, but for now the creators are not telling.

Graham

Are you just guessing, or have you heard something?

Is there any chances that they may do some more episodes like the SDFM?? How it happened at the time??? The series ended and later they did up to ep. 36, or it was decided at the middle of the series???

The decision to extend the original Macross TV series happened while the show was still running. Episode 28 aired a week after episode 27 (that was the episode it would have ended were it not extended).

Macross Perfect Memory actually has a list of when each episode aired. Episode 27 aired on April 24, 1983; episode 28 on May 1, 1983.

Given the popularity of Frontier, there is always still the possibility we might get a second season, perhaps after the movie, but for now the creators are not telling.

Graham

Can we make an online petition to demand a second season? ^_^