Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Music to my ears... ^_^

Maybe they will make an enhanced PS2 adaptation after that... :lol:

Actually, I'm hoping they make enough for a 7th gen adaptation on the PS3/X360, with cel-shading that matches that of the CG used in the series.

I know it probably won't happen, but one can dream right?

PS2 adaptation would be cool, cus' I have a PS2. Still not ready to upgrade to PS3 or X-Box 360 yet.

Graham

I've been hoping for a PS2 adaptation as well. I don't want to get a hand-held system, and I'm not ready to go for a next-gen system.

wow, it's like a time warp in here :p . if you guy's wait much longer they'll be on to 8th-Gen systems. (GET AN 360, IS SUPERIOR :ph34r: )

Edited by anime52k8

Correct. This is Macrossworld. We spend money on overpriced toys instead......LOL :D

Graham

Unfortunately due to the current economic climate I can't even do that either. The currency rates have sent all ideas of that to hell.

Personally my adversion to that getting that game is that I don't want to play such an action packed game on such a small screen. Takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Edited by Strumvogel

Unfortunately due to the current economic climate I can't even do that either. The currency rates have sent it all ideas of that to hell.

Personally my adversion to that getting that game is that I don't want to play such an action packed game on such a small screen. Takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Hehe, yea same. I think I've grown out of buying toys (yes, there IS such a thing) :) I'm more into electronics now. :lol:

Some of us don't spend our money on stuff like new video game systems that are overpriced. :)

Correct. This is Macrossworld. We spend money on overpriced toys instead......LOL :D

Graham

Unfortunately due to the current economic climate I can't even do that either. The currency rates have sent all ideas of that to hell.

Damn, your posts almost make me feel guilty for having bought a 1/48 Hikaru and the limited edition MGS4 box set in the same month... almost. :p

Damn, your posts almost make me feel guilty for having bought a 1/48 Hikaru and the limited edition MGS4 box set in the same month... almost. :p

Not if you did it before the bottom fell out of the global economy just last month. Heck I would have ordered the VF-25s too if they were released before then.

Not if you did it before the bottom fell out of the global economy just last month. Heck I would have ordered the VF-25s too if they were released before then.

Notice how I said "almost."

No, the real guilt will come after I get LittleBigPlanet alongside a 1/72 VF-25 and upgrades for the airsoft rifle.

Edited by d3v

Anyone knows a link which we can download toys and model kit for free? :ph34r:

Anyone knows a link which we can download toys and model kit for free? :ph34r:

Try one of those papercraft sites. There were some variable valkyrie ones for download. :lol:

you do know that both the 360 and PS3 are sold under cost right? :huh:

Still doesn't mean they are cheap, plus no Macross game for them.

Pretty much every game console or handheld I've ever owned (Super Famicom, Playstation, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gameboy, PS2, PSP), I bought just so I could play a Macross game. The only exception to this rule was the Sega Mega Drive.

Graham

Pretty much every game console or handheld I've ever owned (Super Famicom, Playstation, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gameboy, PS2, PSP), I bought just so I could play a Macross game. The only exception to this rule was the Sega Mega Drive.

Graham

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who did that!! The only reason I bought my PS1 was for Macross VFX and I had to get the "chip" in order to play it. Thank goodness I found ACE COMBAT!! B))

Don't worry, there's actually quite a few of us that bought our consoles just to play Macross games. You are not alone.

Of course, I play other games as well, but I wouldn't have bought the console in the first place if there was no Macross game for it.

Graham

Seconded. Of course, now it's time to convince the wife to invest in the PS3. Not only for the backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 Macross games, but also to play the Macross F BDs!

(...)

Of course, I play other games as well, but I wouldn't have bought the console in the first place if there was no Macross game for it.

Graham

It's not that bad, however it is mostly just mashing the fire button and waiting for the power bar to go up, haven't found out how to pivot up or down in battroid mode yet. It's only selling point is that you are going to fly all those super obscure valks that never made it into macross. Mostly all those advanced valkyries like the VF-3000, VF-9 or VF-14.

It works quite well on an emulator aswell.

Edited by DarkReaper

Graham

My first console was a Saturn and that was directly because of the DYRL shoot 'em up, thanks to a commercial I saw while I was watching another anime. I never own a console before then as I could never justify the cost and space for one until I heard Minmei voice in the ad saying "Oboete..imasuka?". I promptly snapped and tracked down a copy of the game and a console from a friend.

Now strangely enough I've never owned a PS but I actually own copies of the VFX series as well as the SDFM game for the PS2. I merely borrow my friend's console whenever he wasn't using it.

It's not that bad, however it is mostly just mashing the fire button and waiting for the power bar to go up, haven't found out how to pivot up or down in battroid mode yet. It's only selling point is that you are going to fly all those super obscure valks that never made it into macross. Mostly all those advanced valkyries like the VF-3000, VF-9 or VF-14.

It works quite well on an emulator aswell.

I played M3 once and I personally hated it due to the fact that I ended up fighting the controls and the game itself rather than playing it. The whole thing just felt weird in the end.

1、

In Tokyo International Film Festival 2008 (Oct. 19)

SK's new project "バスカッシュ!" (Basquash) was published.

http://basquash.com

What about MF movie??????????

= =

2、Macross Frontier OST.3???????????

娘たま♀

発売日:2008/12/03

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/ynmelo-s...1-00469653.html

Maybe this OST has....

◇50/50

私の彼はパイロット(Part2)

愛・おぼえていますか?

射手座のアレンジ

アイモ( Sheryl ver)

Ransheのアイモ(フル)

ねこ日記

Ranka & BobbyのSMS小隊の歌

Bobbyの私の彼はパイロット~妄想の彼もパイロット

Sherylの宇宙兄弟船

Bobbyのニンジン等。

Edited by kresphy

1、

In Tokyo International Film Festival 2008 (Oct. 19)

SK's new project "バスカッシュ!" (Basquash) was published.

http://basquash.com

What about MF movie??????????

= =

And what role is he taking in that? If he's just doing mecha designs, I think I'll skip that.

2、Macross Frontier OST.3???????????

娘たま♀

発売日:2008/12/03

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/ynmelo-s...1-00469653.html

Thanks for this news! I really like the music that you hear before the opening sequence in the episode after the Dimension Eater goes off, where Alto is floating around the remaining two-thirds of the planet. It's got some kind of cello thing going on with an interesting beat. Was that on the second soundtrack? If not, I'd like to see it pop up in a future OST release.

On a slightly different note. The November issue of Newtype has Sheryl ranked as #3 among anime females with CC and Keeln from Code Geass taking 1st and 2nd respectively.

With this in mind, does anyone remember the rankings from past issues so we can see how the MF characters rankings have changed as the season progressed?