Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Interesting news. The PSP game Macross ACE Frontier outsold its predecessor, Gundam Battle Universe in the opening week.

http://www.psphyper.com/psp/japan-weekly-s...g-oct-6-oct-12/

Yes! Take that Gundam! As a long suffering Macross fan any victory in any form over the long dominant Gundam franchise is greatly welcomed.

Unfortunately I still haven't had a chance to play it since I'm adamant against owning a PSP. Especially since it'd ever only use it for one thing and that's that game only. Also playing it on such a small screen doesn't really work with me.

Actually, it hurts more since those things tend to travel at higher speeds than a paintball. Even newer ones which utilize .20 wax balls fired from an replica AEG (air electric gun) still travel at twice the speed of a paintball.

Why I decided to share that, I dunno.

Hmm... seems that they've developed them further since I've last read about them years ago. I'll like to PM you later to pick you brain about it if you don't mind d3v.

Taking a quick look at this month Animedia, I saw a page which listed Michel death as the second saddest moment in anime (I think), the first is Rollo death from Code Geass.

Taking a quick look at this month Animedia, I saw a page which listed Michel death as the second saddest moment in anime (I think), the first is Rollo death from Code Geass.

Now I hope that's just the rankings for this year. I'm pretty sure there's got to be examples of much sadder moments thru out the history of anime. Unless of course they're all Michael fans... WolfX, you got in and voted mutliple times didn't you?

Rollo death was sadder than

Shirley

death? i don't get it. :p

but it's good Michael's death ranked high. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

Those are hardly the saddest moments in anime....and Rollo's death made me HAH....he fskin deserved it. What sadness? :lol:

Now I hope that's just the rankings for this year. I'm pretty sure there's got to be examples of much sadder moments thru out the history of anime. Unless of course they're all Michael fans... WolfX, you got in and voted mutliple times didn't you?

Nah...i don't even know what is Animedia. :p It was slightly sad but not that sad. There have been sadder moments in anime and Michel is possibly on the top 10 but not the top 5.

*Cough* Akane *cough*

who the f*ck is rollo in code geass!? was he the dude who could freeze time? what was sad about his death!? i frankly didn't care about any of those shallow characters....

I agress Michael death is heartbreaking, but I'm sure at least this year there must be more sadder moments along with Michaels

Hmm... seems that they've developed them further since I've last read about them years ago. I'll like to PM you later to pick you brain about it if you don't mind d3v.

Sure, but I wouldn't really know much, since all that info was from me trying to get hold of paint pellets for my G36C AEG.

Will wait till someone reviews/bought it and if it is ok, quality-wise.

Seeing as the official release of volume 3 (episodes 5-7) is still a few days away, it's at the very least, TV rips. Which would mean that they won't have all the animation fixes and stuff. I'm willing to bet that episode 1 on that isn't even the Yack Deculture! edition.

Rollo death means less BL material which makes the yaoi fangirls sad (as if SuzakuXLulu wasn't enough). :ph34r:

Edited by d3v

Seeing as the official release of volume 2 (episodes 5-7) is still a few days away, it's at the very least, TV rips. Which would mean that they won't have all the animation fixes and stuff. I'm willing to bet that episode 1 on that isn't even the Yack Deculture! edition.

The official Macross Frontier vol.2 (eps 2-4) DVD/BluRay is out for ages already. I received mine from Amazon Japan at least 2-3 weeks ago.

I think your post is a typo and you meant vol.3, which contains eps 5-7.

Graham

The official Macross Frontier vol.2 (eps 2-4) DVD/BluRay is out for ages already. I received mine from Amazon Japan at least 2-3 weeks ago.

I think your post is a typo and you meant vol.3, which contains eps 5-7.

Graham

Sorry, my bad. I meant vol. 3.

VF-25 Kit. Bandai. 2008.09, ï¿¥4,725. Available in model shops across Japan.

(You can see the kit boxes behind the glass it's standing on)

When? Where? How much!!!! I must know

This kind of polls is mostly based on popularity of the anime. Geass is the most popular, so it's obviously #1.

Now I hope that's just the rankings for this year. I'm pretty sure there's got to be examples of much sadder moments thru out the history of anime.

What about ep. 45 of G Gundam? :ph34r:

FV

From the latest newtype:

"Covering all episodes, complete guidebook on sale!

Replay of all the episode is begun and also covering the main characters and up to [until] the mecha creation [setting, establishment], in addition to a Frontier town guide according to supervising editor Shoji Kawamori. This one book, you can 120% enjoy this perfect guidebook entry (to the market) [appearance].

Macross F 2059:MEMORIES

By Newtype, ï¿¥1,260 (tax included), on sale Oct. 24

Issued by: Kadokawashouten, Sold by: Kadokawa Group Publishing"

This is great news! They are correcting bad animation :)

FV

Actually, we've already seen examples of the fixes in the previously released volumes (e.g. the missing inner cover of the Queadluun Rea in episode 4).

Actually, we've already seen examples of the fixes in the previously released volumes (e.g. the missing inner cover of the Queadluun Rea in episode 4).

But that was an animation mistake, this one also deserves notice since there wasn't really anything wrong with it, except that Sheryl looks awful. Apart from correcting inconsistencies, they are also re-animating scenes that are just bad in quality. I wonder how much rework episode 8 got.

Zero region Macross Frontier Vol. 1 DVD out. 1st thirteen episodes with English and Chinese subs.

http://store.animearigato.com/9528200098838.html

That's a terrible Bootleg(1 disc for 13eps), actually the full version of the bootleg have been out there quite some time. 3 Discs of 1-25eps.

I got the Aquarion dvd bootleg from the same Manufacturer of the MF dvd bootleg previously because it was very cheap, and the Aquarion dvd of 3 discs had quality that's worse than original vcd quality.

Just don't buy that bootleg from Malaysia. ^_^