Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

I'm curious about something, in this day and age that we were able to see the every episode e few hours after it's release in japan thanks to the internet, how about this movie?? how long will it take for us to be available to see a high quality download!?

Movie? Baring someone actually getting away with camcording it (less likely than in other countries with a higher rate of ignorance or public warnings), it'll be after the first DVD/BR release or TV broadcast (not likely).

I'd say 3 to 6 months from the start of threatrical release. But that's a guesstimate with no facts or info on the actual process. ;)

ack, this is what I was really afraid off... not that I condone movie piracy, but sometimes what else can you do with something like Macross thanks to the stupid HG thing, cause I doubt we'll get a proper DVD/Blu-Ray release in the US with english subs or I'll be all over that in a second...

Movie? Baring someone actually getting away with camcording it (less likely than in other countries with a higher rate of ignorance or public warnings), it'll be after the first DVD/BR release or TV broadcast (not likely).

I'd say 3 to 6 months from the start of threatrical release. But that's a guesstimate with no facts or info on the actual process. ;)

Well... If the movie fares well we may have a dvd release earlier than you think... with the obligatory fan-subbed version just later... :rolleyes:

Btw... Though I find that 4chan plot kinda interesting... I must confess that it sounds like a big old style trolling hoax to me... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

that is not what the japanese text says at all. not even close.

Indeed you're right about that. Yet I get the impression people here only think it may be a hoax, when it's most definately a hoax. It was a 4chan user trolling. The guy who posted it probably can't even read japanese, and hoped to sucker a few others who can't either. That's part of the daily routine there. And well, given that we even have people here thinking there may be a chance of truth in it, I'd say he was successfull.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Glad I knew it was BS on the first line, otherwise I'd be unhappy at you morpheus. Reading it was good for laughs at the amount of BS though.

:rolleyes: He he, ok, I'm sorry guys if I'm misleading some of you, here, have some raw tuna to smack me ^_^

:rolleyes: He he, ok, I'm sorry guys if I'm misleading some of you, here, have some raw tuna to smack me ^_^

How about I give you a point blank headshot for trolling us. :angry::ph34r::p

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...00422554mb3.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...00422564hf4.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But anyways all joking aside...any news on when the movie is out? Heck anybody have an idea on what we're gonna be getting with the movie. IIRC, was'nt there a magazine article posted in the News Section tha said somehting about a DYRL-style movie?

So the Vajra started it all...

They are a natural race of creatures that the PC must have discovered and mimicked. I always knew this would somehow come back to the PC, it always does (with the exception of Plus).

I tend to wonder if they were the reason for the PC civil war in the first place. If humanity could figure out a malevolent use for the fold network, then no doubt a faction of the PC did as well. Thus the civil war was one against slavery to the fold network that the Vajra naturally existed in.

I liked the fact that Grace, Mao and the research team honestly believed it was a "good" thing to have this network of instant communication galaxy wide. Their ideologies justified the sacrifice of free will in the universe. Even Brila bought into the idea with his own adgenda of finding the Megaroad 01 and ultimately Minmay. Kawamori has certainly matured in his story telling.

The PC used the Vajra's abilities to enhance their own technology, to be sure. The fold quartz would certainly solve the fold fault problem for them as well as allow them to directly interface with their bio-mecha, which may well have been the case with the APHOS.

It may also be probable that this is how they discovered Super Dimensional travel in the first place.

Some may think the resolution a bit trite, but let's face it so was SDFM. A love song ended a cataclysmic war and so another love song(s) ended a war with a race of ancient beings. Ranka, like Minmay became a bridge to peace. I'm sure SK could have made the ending much deeper, but he had to consider his audience and their lack of experience. The finale was layered enough for the old guard, but simple enough for the casual viewer to understand.

Nicely done!

So the Vajra started it all...

They are a natural race of creatures that the PC must have discovered and mimicked. I always knew this would somehow come back to the PC, it always does (with the exception of Plus).

I tend to wonder if they were the reason for the PC civil war in the first place. If humanity could figure out a malevolent use for the fold network, then no doubt a faction of the PC did as well. Thus the civil war was one against slavery to the fold network that the Vajra naturally existed in.

I liked the fact that Grace, Mao and the research team honestly believed it was a "good" thing to have this network of instant communication galaxy wide. Their ideologies justified the sacrifice of free will in the universe. Even Brila bought into the idea with his own adgenda of finding the Megaroad 01 and ultimately Minmay. Kawamori has certainly matured in his story telling.

The PC used the Vajra's abilities to enhance their own technology, to be sure. The fold quartz would certainly solve the fold fault problem for them as well as allow them to directly interface with their bio-mecha, which may well have been the case with the APHOS.

It may also be probable that this is how they discovered Super Dimensional travel in the first place.

Some may think the resolution a bit trite, but let's face it so was SDFM. A love song ended a cataclysmic war and so another love song(s) ended a war with a race of ancient beings. Ranka, like Minmay became a bridge to peace. I'm sure SK could have made the ending much deeper, but he had to consider his audience and their lack of experience. The finale was layered enough for the old guard, but simple enough for the casual viewer to understand.

Nicely done!

Actually Grace seemed vindictive of both Mao and Ranshe.

Saying their blood would destroy each other.

Possibly referring to the Mayan Priestess heritage Alpha Bombay blood and the V-Type infection.

Thus her intention of using their children.

Grace a psychotic need of proving herself better that either Mao or Ranshe.

Actually Grace seemed vindictive of both Mao and Ranshe.

Saying their blood would destroy each other.

Possibly referring to the Mayan Priestess heritage Alpha Bombay blood and the V-Type infection.

Thus her intention of using their children.

Grace a psychotic need of proving herself better that either Mao or Ranshe.

I have to agree here. Ranshe was shown actively opposing Grace in ep 23 - philosophically at least. it seems Grace and her cabal were the only ones who saw things that way. Ranshe and Mao were most likely searching for a means to pursue active communication with the vajra rather than control - the fold-network slavery idea doesnt strike me as being at all compatible with Mao's personality, granted that all my understanding of her comes from Zero. when the vajra attacked the 117th, grace swore revenge on Mao and Ranshe and most likely intended from the very start to do so by using and eventually discarding their kids.

Direct copy paste from 4chan, take it with a bucket of salt.

Time skipped one year after the planet's colonization. ==> What is it with time skips? :rolleyes: Gundam 00, Code Geass R2, & now MF? <_<

They are suddenly attacked by a familiar voice from the past during the discovery of a long lost vessel. ==> Megaroad? :huh:

Well it is the 25th anni., so who knows maybe we could end up with a movie(s) dealing with the return/discovery of the Megaroad 01. Still, as much as I want it to be true, I'm not going to hold my breath that this is close to being what we're going to get. For all we know, it could be Grace and the Galaxy colony fleet.

Well it is the 25th anni., so who knows maybe we could end up with a movie(s) dealing with the return/discovery of the Megaroad 01. Still, as much as I want it to be true, I'm not going to hold my breath that this is close to being what we're going to get. For all we know, it could be Grace and the Galaxy colony fleet.

:blink:

The 4chan post is, as others have pointed out, a complete fake.

So, no...please DON'T hold your breath.

I liked the fact that Grace, Mao and the research team honestly believed it was a "good" thing to have this network of instant communication galaxy wide.

Err, no, you are wrong. If Ranshe's comment at ther begining of episode 23 was any indication... she opposed sacrifying the Vajra to achieve those ends... which mad scientist Grace wanted all along... :rolleyes:

I hope we see more of Ranshe in the new movie...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Hey hey, isn't this the news thread?

At 2:30 AM Galactic Standard Time today, peace was made with the Vajra, and the war has ended. Macross Frontier has landed on the Vajra planet, and discussions are currently being planned on whether the ship will stay there, or leave after repair work is finished and the ship is resupplied. However, President Leon Mishima is currently under investigation for staging a coup and assassinating President Glass, so the discussions of future plans with be postponed until a new President is sworn in.

In other news, former Kabuki actor and current Skull Squadron Valkyrie pilot Alto Saotome remains as dense as ever, and can't decide which hot singing chick he likes better. There may be some late-breaking news on this front, however, so we'll keep you posted. Another Skull Squadron pilot, Luca Angeloni, got his rosy complexion back, and the girl he has the serious hots for finally woke up from her coma. No word as yet about whether she still has two eyes or not, but we'll get that information to you as soon as it becomes available.

And finally, despite rumors to the contrary, Skull Squadron Pilot Michael Blanc remains dead.

After the commercial break, we'll present a tribute to the late Grace O'Connor, manager to both Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee, who tragically died this evening after attempting to take over the galaxy.

This is FNN.

At 2:30 AM Galactic Standard Time today, peace was made with the Vajra, and the war has ended. Macross Frontier has landed on the Vajra planet, and discussions are currently being planned on whether the ship will stay there, or leave after repair work is finished and the ship is resupplied. However, President Leon Mishima is currently under investigation for staging a coup and assassinating President Glass, so the discussions of future plans with be postponed until a new President is sworn in.

In other news, former Kabuki actor and current Skull Squadron Valkyrie pilot Alto Saotome remains as dense as ever, and can't decide which hot singing chick he likes better. There may be some late-breaking news on this front, however, so we'll keep you posted. Another Skull Squadron pilot, Luca Angeloni, got his rosy complexion back, and the girl he has the serious hots for finally woke up from her coma. No word as yet about whether she still has two eyes or not, but we'll get that information to you as soon as it becomes available.

And finally, despite rumors to the contrary, Skull Squadron Pilot Michael Blanc remains dead.

After the commercial break, we'll present a tribute to the late Grace O'Connor, manager to both Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee, who tragically died this evening after attempting to take over the galaxy.

This is FNN.

Hey Gubaba, ever consider a position as a News Anchor ? I think you forgotten to mention that SMS Skull Leader Ozma would be making plans to marry former Miss Macross Runner Up, Kathy Glass. :)

So the only piece of f^%&*ing news is that the soundtrack will be out this week.

And the PSP game, that would be two Macross merchandises to satisfied hungry fans......for a while.

Hi guys, I was watching the Macross Radio through someone who uploaded it in nicovideo and apparently, episode 27 had some sort of timeline highlighting what events happened on which series. I put them together in the attached image. I think there's a tiny tidbit of when Ozma was born and it's around the time Fire Bomber became popular. I suppose there's nothing new except the "soshite... / and then..." at the end which means that we'd get more someday right?

post-6052-1223375400_thumb.jpg