Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

The text of the add says:

"Macross F Theatrical Edition

Start"

With the double orange rings. Refrence to how much they've completed? Bobby's main gun charging? A secret message indicating the month and date of release?

Let's hope the movie isnt a compact version of the series, but the continuation of the story ... i want my love triangle resolved >(. Alto you dumb fool why couldn't you just rush over to VF-25F and tell her you love her?

fixed :lol:

I really hope the movie is all new footage, not a clip compilation show using existing footage.

However, If they want to retell the story, ala DYRL I'm fine with that as long as it's all new footage.

Of course, a movie showing what happens after the events of episode 25 would be best IMO. I wanna see an Ozma and Cathy wedding.

I really hate those compilation clip movies that Sunrise like to do for the Gundam TV series, I find them completely unwatchable. Tried to watch the Turn A clip compilation movies, and it was like WTF, they were just jumping from scene to scene really fast and nothing made sense, no continuity at all.

Graham

I really hope the movie is all new footage, not a clip compilation show using existing footage.

However, If they want to retell the story, ala DYRL I'm fine with that as long as it's all new footage.

Of course, a movie showing what happens after the events of episode 25 would be best IMO. I wanna see an Ozma and Cathy wedding.

I really hate those compilation clip movies that Sunrise like to do for the Gundam TV series, I find them completely unwatchable. Tried to watch the Turn A clip compilation movies, and it was like WTF, they were just jumping from scene to scene really fast and nothing made sense, no continuity at all.

Graham

Its not just Sunrise. Gainax does it. Heck even Kawamori did it with the last Aquarion. If its anything like the Aquarion movie/OVAs, it will be an alternate retelling but i really doubt it.

I updated wikipedia with the information regarding the upcoming Macross Frontier Movie...

Perhaps it will be released on February 2009 as a tribute of sorts to the original SDF Macross? :blink:

Maybe it could involve a mission with the Quarter looking for Macross Galaxy's main Island? Grace and the Macross Galaxy executives could still be there... So many possibilities... :wacko:

Btw... I believe this image meant that 3/4 parts of the movie are done... :lol:

post-7862-1222406255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Maybe Big West can give the movie license to Yamato? ;)

Now THAT is a GREAT idea. :D

In all seriousness, how much are we willing to bet that the "movie" edition will be nothing more than a recut of specific episodes, with very little new animation, much like with the Macross Plus movie?

To expect the MacF movie to be like DYRL and feature nothing but new animation is expecting too much.

Edited by OmegaD3k

In all seriousness, how much are we willing to bet that the "movie" edition will be nothing more than a recut of specific episodes, with very little new animation, much like with the Macross Plus movie?

To expect the MacF movie to be like DYRL and feature nothing but new animation is expecting too much.

I'm expecting it to be more like "Macross 7 the Movie - The Galaxy is Calling Me", only full feature length, actually. A side story with the existing characters, essentially five or so anime episodes worth of animation with somewhat higher than normal production values. Should be doable in months if they planned to do this from the start.

To be quite fair, the added footage in Mac+ made Guld's engagement with the Ghost a whole lot more awesome and emotional.

Where the Aquarion OVAs and Movies all new footage, or recyled animation?

Graham

Aquarion movies were combination of the 2 OVAs. They featured an alternate telling of the tv series and its all new animation. Its like DYRL? for Aquarion.

I really doubt the Frontier movie will be like this though.

I would like the movie to be about any of these...

1. Prequel, what happened on 117th, Grace rise to insanity and Sheryl rise to stardom

2. Sidestory of another character (Machida?) with alternate retelling of Frontier

3. Aftermath of the series and colonization with coexistance with the Vajra

4. Find out what really happened to Megaroad-01

5. Solve the damn triangle, I accept Alto not being the one picked between Sheryl and Ranka, haha

I would like the movie to be about any of these...

1. Prequel, what happened on 117th, Grace rise to insanity and Sheryl rise to stardom

2. Sidestory of another character (Machida?) with alternate retelling of Frontier

3. Aftermath of the series and colonization with coexistance with the Vajra

4. Find out what really happened to Megaroad-01

5. Solve the damn triangle, I accept Alto not being the one picked between Sheryl and Ranka, haha

I really hope you're kidding about number 4. After all these years, I think people are just going to have to accept that the Megaroad issue will remain a mystery forever. Also, given that there's been so much mystery around the Megaroad, even if Kawamori decided to revisit it, whatever he does would probably be a disappointment after so many years of anticipation and speculation. It's just better left as a mystery we'll never learn the truth of.

I really hope you're kidding about number 4. After all these years, I think people are just going to have to accept that the Megaroad issue will remain a mystery forever. Also, given that there's been so much mystery around the Megaroad, even if Kawamori decided to revisit it, whatever he does would probably be a disappointment after so many years of anticipation and speculation. It's just better left as a mystery we'll never learn the truth of.

Ahahahaha! Nonsense!

But you were kidding, right? ^_^

Jokes aside, the Movie will follow the adventures of Captain Bobby Margot and his all-male bridge rabbits!

Edited by Nexx Stalker

I remember saying the same thing right after I saw Return of the Jedi! ^_^