Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Did I see a Meltran gunship in the backgorund on pic #3????? :ph34r:

And yay for Quarter rescuing his big brother :lol:

and where's Alto?

Maybe, like DYRL, he flies into the Vajra's nest and blow the "APHOS lookalike" to ashes! :ph34r:

The first pic reminds me of a scene from DYRL, during he final battle with Bodolza fleet, a Zentran gunship rush into Macross while opening its main gun and was shot down before it could fire it.

Hmm, I'm expecting captain Wilder to announce "This is Macross Quarter, from now on we will protect Battle Frontier, anyone else who is listening to Sheryl song, bring culture back to us" :lol:

EXACTLY what i was thinking!!! then Sheryl, listening to Wilder's statement, slowly smiles. and then continues singing!

I've been getting DYRL vibes so far with all these pics! :D

Finally... ^_^

Well, what we have here?

I increased the size of the pics and it seems that:

1) The first pic has Battle Frontier being saved from a Vajra carrier by a shot from the Quarter apparently...

2) The second pic has Sheryl back at singing. I noticed there's a huge fleet in the background... Was the Frontier fleet that big? (specially after the Vajra counterattack during Ranka's culture shock...). Perhaps the rumors of NUNS reinforcements weren't wrong afterall...

3) The third one has Battle Frontier attacking surrounded by a huge fleet and Canaria's VB-6 Monster in the front... I guess this means that the SMS pirates will return to Frontier to help fight the Vajra...

im71ms.jpg

Doesn't the last pic look familiar?

From the OP:

Battle13.jpg

Image courtesy of ReddyRedWolf of http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=567

EDIT:

The first pic reminds me of a scene from DYRL, during he final battle with Bodolza fleet, a Zentran gunship rush into Macross while opening its main gun and was shot down before it could fire it.

Hmm, I'm expecting captain Wilder to announce "This is Macross Quarter, from now on we will protect Battle Frontier, anyone else who is listening to Sheryl song, bring culture back to us" :lol:

:lol: That would be AWESOME!!! :D

and where's Alto?

Maybe, like DYRL, he flies into the Vajra's nest and blow the "APHOS lookalike" to ashes! :ph34r:

I hope he comes into the the mothership with an Armored Pack that is still intact. :ph34r:

BTW....Alto for the love of all that is holy in Macros DO NOT EJECT Parts when using any of the PACKS!!! :angry:

Edited by grss1982

MF, 49 Episodes????????????????

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/psn/video_tv.html

マクロスF(フロンティア)

©2007 ビックウエスト/マクロスF製作委員会・MBS

全49話

人気作「マクロス7」から14年後の世界を描いたTVアニメ。西暦2059年、突如未知なる敵と遭遇した超長距離移民船団「マクロスフロンティア」。その敵は地球人や異星人ではなく未知の宇宙生物だった!

d27a85984a7dcf39141c130dfe9afcd9.jpg

Edited by kresphy

I hope he comes into the the mothership with an Armored Pack that is still intact. :ph34r:

BTW....Alto for the love of all that is holy in Macros DO NOT EJECT Parts when using any of the PACKS!!! :angry:

i'm starting to suspect alto might be confusing his control buttons the same way people mix up the wiper lever and left-turn signal when driving abroad

MF, 49 Episodes????????????????

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/psn/video_tv.html

マクロスF(フロンティア)

©2007 ビックウエスト/マクロスF製作委員会・MBS

全49話

人気作「マクロス7」から14年後の世界を描いたTVアニメ。西暦2059年、突如未知なる敵と遭遇した超長距離移民船団「マクロスフロンティア」。その敵は地球人や異星人ではなく未知の宇宙生物だった!

d27a85984a7dcf39141c130dfe9afcd9.jpg

Woo Hoo! If this is true, it likely means a second season.

Graham

Don't think it's a joke as it's on the official Japanese Playstation site. Maybe a typo though. They got the episode counts right for all the other listed series (I think).

Graham

BABELFISH:

All the 49 story popularity works “[makurosu] 7” the TV animation which draws the world after the empty 14 years. The super long distance immigration fleet “macro staple fiber remaining overnight tear” which encounters with the enemy which western calendar 2059, suddenly becomes unknown. As for the enemy it was not the terrestrial person and the strange star person and was the unknown space living thing!

Looks to be a typo from the above Macross 7 ad that precedes Macross Frontier ad. I could be wrong though. Hell it is Babelfish.

Edited by Heron

BABELFISH:

Looks to be a typo from the above Macross 7 ad that precedes Macross Frontier ad. I could be wrong though. Hell it is Babelfish.

Google Translate:

Popular film, "Macross 7" after 14 years from the TV cartoon depicting the world. 2059, and suddenly the ultra-long-distance未知NARU immigrants encounter with the enemy fleet "MAKUROSUFURONTIA". Terran, and the enemy alien creatures in the universe of the unknown was not!

Might be a typo (copying the info from Macross 7)...

One thing to note... the summaries for each episode in the Official Site (under "Story") are arranged in rows of 7... could be just a coincidence... or not.

and where's Alto?

At this point, I seriously doubt it. Grace and Leon are the bad guys, it's the Vajra who are being invaded. They've gone so far as to point this out explicitly in the dialogue, reinforcing the idea with the reverse DYRL ending with Frontier playing the part of the Bodol fleet. I suspect before the end of the final episode both Leon and Grace come to their respective ends, and peace is made with the Vajra. Of course, they could do something like Grace takes over the Queen and so both have to be destroyed and Ranka winds up new Queen of the Vajra when the dust settles. Either way, it will be a serious curve ball ending if the Vajra wind up wiped out.

So the 49 episodes, is this Macross 7 or Frontier? I better not expecting too much, the charm sometimes works.

Well both SDF: M and M7 got extended, maybe Macross F got extended but based on lack of news, I say it is a typo.

49 is most likely a typo. Reason being:

最終回(第25話)「アナタノオト」

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/3531/?date=2...525&ch=8410

And Newtype October 2008: 最終回 9/25

and from http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%9E%E3%...83%AD%E3%82%B9F

全25話予定

Edited by sketchley

I don't know, seems pretty definitive that it will be the end... 25th episode on the 25th of the month celebration the 25th anniversary...

long shot would be to get and OVA on October for 26 years of macross

As I've said before, I hope they give us SOMETHING on Feb. 7, 2009...since that's the date of the beginning of Space War I...

But I'm not picky...an "All That VF" DVD, "Macross Flashback 2059," a "Bobby Margot Sings Lynn Minmay" album, "Macross Dynamite Furonfia"...anything would be fine. ^_^

Edited by Gubaba