Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Well, word from Bandai came in rather quick.

"Hello Keith,

The bottom line is, there will never be a macross frontier in america, if there is a company who has the furtune to even get it licensed. I hate to say this as we are all macross frontier.

again, we do apologize.

as far as zeta gundam goes, the only gundam series that will be out in the future is gundam 00.

-CSR"

Now to go sob & watch this weeks episode of veoh.... and start saving up for the eventual blu-ray box... ::sob::

From the main site:

バジュラたちとの決死の攻防を繰り返すクォーター。

しかしバジュラを操る新たな存在が現れ、

フロンティアの居住区アイランドワンは危機に瀕する。

敵母艦に向かうバトルフロンティア。

その時、戦艦のステージに現れたシルエットがあった・・・

Believe its identical to what was posted before from magazine scans, except with an added line that reads "

However, a new existence that was manipulating the Vajra appeared...

"

Given that we saw a brief splitt-second shot of

Battle Galaxy

in episode 24, my money is on it being that ^_^

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

"Hello Keith,

The bottom line is, there will never be a macross frontier in america, if there is a company who has the furtune to even get it licensed. I hate to say this as we are all macross frontier.

again, we do apologize.

as far as zeta gundam goes, the only gundam series that will be out in the future is gundam 00.

-CSR"

Now to go sob & watch this weeks episode of veoh.... and start saving up for the eventual blu-ray box... ::sob::

I'm lost ....is this guy japanese trying to type in the most coherent english he can muster?

And what C&D are you talking about? Who got a C&D?

I'm lost ....is this guy japanese trying to type in the most coherent english he can muster?

And what C&D are you talking about? Who got a C&D?

Cease and Desist. Crunchy Roll a anime steaming site.

Mind you not HG it is Bandai Visual who it.

Though I'm sure it was HG that got rid of the subbed Macross episodes on Veoh.

Hmm, a second reply from CR, definately looks like it was Bandai Visual Japan that issued the C&D...bastards.

I don't see why this is a issue. Japanese companies (just like the US companies) have been trying very hard over the past couple of years to control online content on media sites.

If you want Macross in the USA, get HG to sell off their license (good luck with that) and make the companies save up cash to license it all. Cuz with Frontier out, the music royalties probably just went up in price.

"Hello Keith,

again, we do apologize.

-CSR"

Ok. Piracy it is, then. I am not sure how popular this show would have been over here, but it is good to see a market completely cut out because of this bullshit....yet again. I am buying the Japanese Blu Rays, as expensive and mismangaed space-wise they may be.

Sigh....

Ok. Piracy it is, then. I am not sure how popular this show would have been over here, but it is good to see a market completely cut out because of this bullshit....yet again. I am buying the Japanese Blu Rays, as expensive and mismangaed space-wise they may be.

Sigh....

So we are to resort to the same thing the crew of Macross Quarter did when SMS was being absorbed into NUNS? I'm game, lol.

Take this piece of news with a pinch of salt. Some person translated some post on another chinese forum.

但是,已确定最终的完结篇,将会以一部完整的电影的形式出现,初步定于2008圣诞之前放送

the final part would be a full length movie thats is scheduled for release before christmas 2008.

关于这个剧场版的具体信息,大家可以在第25话中了解.

fans could guess what this movie will be about after EP 25.

sry if my mandarin is a tad rusty.

But, it is confirmed that the final episode will be presented in the form of feature film, tentatively scheduled to release before X'mas 2008

The detailed information about the theatrical release, you can find out in episode 25.

Interesting, what Chinese forum you got it?

Super Ostrich

But, it is confirmed that the final episode will be presented in the form of feature film, tentatively scheduled to release before X'mas 2008

The detailed information about the theatrical release, you can find out in episode 25.

Super Ostrich

FULL ver

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=33516

And others, but No new info!

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=33553

A important info:

问:24話から25話のつながりの展開が一番のポイントですか?

河森:そうですね、……オセロゲームってあるじゃないですか。最後の一手で全部がひっくり返る感覚。それが好きで(笑)。今回もそうなるといいなと思っているんです。ただ、観る人がついてきてもらえるかどうか……。

Q: What the key point about EP.24 to EP.25?

SK: Ummm... I think it is Othello Game. It REVERSE everything by the last move. I like it. So this time...

HAHA

Maybe SK will give us a BIG surprise ending~~~

BTW, about VF-32

http://clockworkchicken.client.jp/images/e/55.html

and here:

http://clockworkchicken.client.jp/images/e/vf-32txt.html

24002.jpg

Edited by kresphy

For all the people hoping for a lengthened last episode:

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/listings/?detail=1&a...mp;starttime=25

or http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/3531/?date=2...525&ch=8410

Macross F 01:25 to 01:55. The regular time slot.

*sniff* [wipes tear....]

Well now we know. Bring on the final episode.

"Dear SK. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please...."

If we were at the start of the series, I'd agree with you and would have no problem with fansub groups dropping the series and waiting for the official release, even if it takes a year or more.

But, as we are only one week to go until the final episode and most of us have already downloaded and watched the first 23 episodes on fansubs, I don't find it hypocritical wanting to see the remaining final 2 episoded fan subbed.

And yes, I am buying the original Japanese R2 DVDs to support the creators (even though I don't speack a lick of Japanese) and I will buy an original R1 release if we are lucky enough to get one.

Graham

Me too. And we are going to be buying the toys too, being true supporters.

Super Ostrich

Detrimental effects to human health...

Chinese forum rumors > Chinese dairy products.

Exception: Chinese anime contractor leak.

Yeah, I can't imagine Kawamori and Co have been working on a feature film for Macross F that is to be released in December, and yet somehow no one has heard a peep about it.

Not to mention that Satelight are working on Shugo Chara Season 2 and a new series of Fist of the North Star this upcoming season. They aren't exactly a Madhouse when it comes to amount of shows they can work on at once....

Well said. :)

I wonder what would happen if we drop this link at Animesuki & Random Curiosity? :ph34r: Maybe he'd got A LOT of Attention from the people over there. :) j/k :D

But, seriously Captain JLS does seem to have some good points, but at this point in time I don't really care, since the series is almost over. Plus everybody is entitled to their own opinions. :)

The review was written by a guy named Levi Tompkins and not Capt. JLS; JLS just loaned the blog out for the review. Though from what I read Capt. JLS isn't a big Frontier fan either.

The review was written by a guy named Levi Tompkins and not Capt. JLS; JLS just loaned the blog out for the review. Though from what I read Capt. JLS isn't a big Frontier fan either.

Still haven't read it... And with just one episode to go... Most probably never will. :rolleyes:

Simply put... I just don't care for someone trolling for attention... ^_^