Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

As for the Frontier finale, I am expecting it center around the PC as all the Macross shows invariably do. It is entirely possible that Grace's ultimate goal is to wipe out the Vajra to gain access to a PC archive on their homeworld. The Frontier was the bait and sacrificial lamb for the operation. The only puzzle yet to be fleshed out is how Galaxy fits into it all and who's side are they on?

If the Varja queen has full control over the fold network, then that's your true purpose right there. whoever gains such power would easily rule the galaxy.

Or write fan-fic based on Frontier, hehehehe (even better!!!).

Now that's an idea!! :)

if anything, Sheryl finally got me over Minmei.

here, here. minmay's a pretty tough girl to get over, but sheryl has done it for me. :) far cry from mylene, myung or the nome sisters. :)

and YES, FRONTIER ROCKS! :D

For those interested in the Crunchyroll matter, I just got a response to my e-mail.

"Hello Keith,

Bandai requested that Macross Frontier be removed. They have a Japanese and American branch, so everything by Bandai Japan is distributed in the United States by Bandai America.

~BasouKazuma "

The pessimist in me says that it was most likely a C&D from Bandai Visual Japan, since they've also been after Youtube. But the frosted side says they didn't go after Gundam 00 on CR until just before Bandai Entertainment announced the license... next stop, go pester Bandai Entertainment!

For those interested in the Crunchyroll matter, I just got a response to my e-mail.

"Hello Keith,

Bandai requested that Macross Frontier be removed. They have a Japanese and American branch, so everything by Bandai Japan is distributed in the United States by Bandai America.

~BasouKazuma "

The pessimist in me says that it was most likely a C&D from Bandai Visual Japan, since they've also been after Youtube. But the frosted side says they didn't go after Gundam 00 on CR until just before Bandai Entertainment announced the license... next stop, go pester Bandai Entertainment!

Could that be a confirmation that Macross Frontier is going to be released in the US? (DVD/Blue Ray format at least?) :blink:

It would be great if it gets an official English subbed release outside of Japan. I'll definitely buy it.

Just let the fansubbers finish eps 24 & 25 first.

Graham

Same here. I already made a couple Dvds with Episodes 1-8 in one and 9-16 in the other (I'm waiting to see if the series end with an extended finale or extra episodes before burning more). And I still want to buy the originals... :lol:

Any info on the final episode duration? Could it be longer than the standard ones? :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Same here. I already made a couple Dvds with Episodes 1-8 in one and 9-16 in the other (I'm waiting to see if the series end with an extended finale or extra episodes before burning more). And I still want to buy the originals... :lol:

Any info on the final episode duration? Could it be longer than the standard ones? :huh:

There's been no word afaik so there's no reason to think it will be.

If it happens, be pleasantly surprised. Hoping for it though will most likely get you disappointed.

Arghhhh, how about not stiring the pot until after the show has ended and we've already got our fansubs.

Graham

That was exactly my thoughts. I know you're anxious Keith but that's like flagging to the company that there's fansubs of their series out there. Totally to the detriment to us all.

Edited by Strumvogel

LOL....you hypocritical ppl who want fansubs AND licensing at the same time but only after a series ends, crack me up.

how's it hypocritical, we want official subs and to have actual DVD's but we would like to know what is going on in the last two episodes without haveing to wait a year.

how's it hypocritical, we want official subs and to have actual DVD's but we would like to know what is going on in the last two episodes without haveing to wait a year.

Wolf-x was just joking, don't take it seriously. He would be the first to download it when subs comes out :) !

It would be great if it gets an official English subbed release outside of Japan. I'll definitely buy it.

Just let the fansubbers finish eps 24 & 25 first.

Graham

My friend in Japan is sending me the Blu Rays, but I really would love a domestic release. I am just not holding my breath though.

Interesting theory.

Graham

I don't know why, but it just makes sense to me. The fact that some of them stayed behind just seemed out of character to me. I know that each of them have their reasons for doing so, but the thought that it is some sort of ploy to keep an eye on Frontier's movements just won't go away.

Could that be a confirmation that Macross Frontier is going to be released in the US? (DVD/Blue Ray format at least?) :blink:

Dude, stop doing this to yourself...you're just setting yourself up for disappointment... :(

With Gubaba. This is Japan. Expect something, and you're bound to be disappointed. Expect nothing, and you'e going to be pleasantly surprised.

Isn't that true in most situations...? After all, that's the principle that allowed me to enjoy Star Wars Episodes II and III. And the Bob Dylan concert I went to a few years ago.

But in THIS situation, to say something like "Is there any word on whether or not the last episode will be longer than previous ones?" when there has been no information even hinting at that, and no real precedent for it...well, it just seems masochistic to me.

At this point (most likely) it has to be either Funi or Bandai that licenses MF. The anime market has really been shaken up the last year and a half and not many players are left in the R1 area. I actually _prefer_ Bandai because they're showing interest in licensing the music and releasing it with the DVD releases. Their recent handling of Gurren Lagaan was very consumer friendly. (I got 9 episodes for 19.99 for episodes 1-9 and 10-18. If I wanted the CD with it, though, I'd have to pay about 34 dollars.)

CR is a very high profile distribution site. Their getting in bed with ADV and Gonzo of course would make them a target. They've been also getting infusion of venture capital by some Japanese entities. If I were Bandai, I think I'd decide it's time to deal with them, to be honest. CR is a weird mix of legal and illegal content.

Edited by s-girl

With Gubaba. This is Japan. Expect something, and you're bound to be disappointed. Expect nothing, and you'e going to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not expecting anything....so....surprise me.

But as it is its highly unlikely anything like "1 hour episode" will happen due to currently showing programmes. In any case we'll know it this episode for sure.

I'm with him.

If we were at the start of the series, I'd agree with you and would have no problem with fansub groups dropping the series and waiting for the official release, even if it takes a year or more.

But, as we are only one week to go until the final episode and most of us have already downloaded and watched the first 23 episodes on fansubs, I don't find it hypocritical wanting to see the remaining final 2 episoded fan subbed.

And yes, I am buying the original Japanese R2 DVDs to support the creators (even though I don't speack a lick of Japanese) and I will buy an original R1 release if we are lucky enough to get one.

Graham

At this point (most likely) it has to be either Funi or Bandai that licenses MF. The anime market has really been shaken up the last year and a half and not many players are left in the R1 area. I actually _prefer_ Bandai because they're showing interest in licensing the music and releasing it with the DVD releases. Their recent handling of Gurren Lagaan was very consumer friendly. (I got 9 episodes for 19.99 for episodes 1-9 and 10-18. If I wanted the CD with it, though, I'd have to pay about 34 dollars.)

CR is a very high profile distribution site. Their getting in bed with ADV and Gonzo of course would make them a target. They've been also getting infusion of venture capital by some Japanese entities. If I were Bandai, I think I'd decide it's time to deal with them, to be honest. CR is a weird mix of legal and illegal content.

The only thing in here that can throw a wrench in this is Harmony Gold and their trademark on the Macross name in the US. You can imagine what will happen once it comes to this. I would love to buy the R1 stuff if it happens, but I am really not expecting it.

The information about Animedia's Macross F Official File can be seen on Kinokuniya's website. Comes out this Friday (9/19) and looks like #2 will be out very soon??

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/guest/cgi-...A=02&LANG=J

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/imgdata/large/4056052689.jpg

Notes from Cover:

Macross Frontier's First Official Guide Book! (beats Kadokawa's, although theirs was announced first)

Sendaway: Cover Illustration Printed on Photo Paper (for those that buy books one and two)

Episode 1 -17 Story Digest

PSP "Macross Ace Frontier" Information Before it's Released

A Guide for Macross Newbies about Characters, Mecha, and World

Macross Girls (and Guys) Character Shocking Photos

Interview with Shoji Kawamori (Before the End of the Series)

Looks very promising, and it's an A4 sized book for only 630 yen!

The information about Animedia's Macross F Official File can be seen on Kinokuniya's website. Comes out this Friday (9/19) and looks like #2 will be out very soon??

Looks like it's going to focus more on the characters rather than the mecha though.

Graham

If we were at the start of the series, I'd agree with you and would have no problem with fansub groups dropping the series and waiting for the official release, even if it takes a year or more.

But, as we are only one week to go until the final episode and most of us have already downloaded and watched the first 23 episodes on fansubs, I don't find it hypocritical wanting to see the remaining final 2 episoded fan subbed.

And yes, I am buying the original Japanese R2 DVDs to support the creators (even though I don't speack a lick of Japanese) and I will buy an original R1 release if we are lucky enough to get one.

Graham

LOL don't worry.

*SMS pirate mode*

ARRR THERE MATEYS....

even if C&Ds were issued to the current groups and they stop, there will be people who will still sub the last episodes as "shadow groups" and if not, fans like sketchley will do the honours (*hint hint*). Its impossible to stop ppl if there's a following for it.

And even if no subs turn up which is highly unlikely, we have a community here that can translate every scene for you within a day! So in the end it will be a non-issue...unless of course there are those who wanna "archive" it.

Fansubs are srsbsns. ^_^

The only thing in here that can throw a wrench in this is Harmony Gold and their trademark on the Macross name in the US. You can imagine what will happen once it comes to this. I would love to buy the R1 stuff if it happens, but I am really not expecting it.

I'd be willing to wait one year for the last two episodes if that means Bandai Bodolzaing Harmony Gold's Macross Blockade once and for all, and coming full force with the Yack Deculture and OSTs. :ph34r:

(...who the frak am I kidding? I can speak Spanish, so if push comes to shove, I can always download the WZF subs. No matter what happens, I win =3)