Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

I also find this "spoiler" pretty hard to believe (maybe kresphy finally snapped), but am I the only one who can see a "kill them all" ending actually being uplifting?

Like, maybe when you get vaporized around the Vajra planet, you go to a happy place in fold space. Then Michel and Klan could be re-united, just like wolfx & company want. :D

No, it's probably just you. That and I think you've been watching too much EVA.

The thing is that there's never been anything of the nature of an alternate universe or "happy fold space" even explored or broached within the whole series so if it goes, it's all gone.

This is gonna mess me up for the next two weeks.... <_<

Honestly, don't let it. There is NO WAY Big West and Bandai would back such a dumb ending of Macross F even if it is Kawamori doing it!! I can't believe when he sat down to discuss the series he says: "in the end everybody dies!" and they say: "great idea, we love it!!" Kawamori would be out on his ear, regardless of his successes in the past. They would take his mecha designs and turn the writing over to someone else( which might not be a bad idea). ^_^

Edited by aerocombatpilot

No, it's probably just you. That and I think you've been watching too much EVA.

The thing is that there's never been anything of the nature of an alternate universe or "happy fold space" even explored or broached within the whole series so if it goes, it's all gone.

Well, we'll see. I have a theory that that might have been what happened to Ranshe.

I also find this "spoiler" pretty hard to believe (maybe kresphy finally snapped), but am I the only one who can see a "kill them all" ending actually being uplifting?

Like, maybe when you get vaporized around the Vajra planet, you go to a happy place in fold space. Then Michel and Klan could be re-united, just like wolfx & company want. :D

Maybe they'll find Hikaru and company there :p Perhaps it's like the Nexus from Star Trek: Generations :D

2ch = the site is run by 2 guys called Chan.

4ch = run by 4 guys (or girls), all surnamed Chan.

At least that's what I thought. :p

But seriously, I have no idea, I never visit either site.

Graham

2ch is the byproduct of japan existing. it's in japanese.

4ch is the rectum of the english speaking world. I know, I've been there... the things I've seen man, the things I can never unsee :ph34r:

2ch is the byproduct of japan existing. it's in japanese.

4ch is the rectum of the english speaking world. I know, I've been there... the things I've seen man, the things I can never unsee :ph34r:

You've clicked on the b/ thread didn't you? Never go there. The stories I've heard about it makes me wary of even approaching 4chan itself.

You've clicked on the b/ thread didn't you? Never go there. The stories I've heard about it makes me wary of even approaching 4chan itself.

oh, you want stories, I've got stories. and there are more disturbing thing's on 4chan than /b/ if you can believe it. also 7chan...

Edited by anime52k8

Never, never speak of 7chan... I'm just going to sit here and pretend it doesn't exist, it's all rumors and heresay I tell ya...

leak the spoilers no matter how ridiculous they are nyahaha! XD

besides, this is a spoiler thread anyways XD

EDIT: maybe let's stick to some spoilers that have somehow some "believable backing" hehehe XD

Edited by shinkirou

leak the spoilers no matter how ridiculous they are nyahaha! XD

besides, this is a spoiler thread anyways XD

Think the general gist of their conversation is that the last mentioned chan doesn't contain spoilers but rather is filled with "sick ***ing sh*t" that will generally infuriate and/or nauseate most sane people.

EDIT: Let's drop it anyway. No chan was ever good for spoilers found nowhere else.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

ohhhh i see hehe

I have never been to those sites but I wiki-ed them earlier and found out how the system there works... XD

Maybe some sane people who post spoilers with believable backing - maybe from mag scans or they worked for mf story/line-art and heard some "things" XD

oh well, those forums being supportive of complete anonimity, it will be hard to screen truths anyways... XD

Fake fake fake fake music. Here's the proof:

Fan-made piano arrangement of Aimo:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3567517

What about the vocals? Here's my analysis, which I sent to a friend who asked me about it:

---------------------------

When I listen to the song, it sounds like a fan who knows how to edit music, made a remix. If you listen closely (or if my ears are good :p) then you'd notice that the vibratto of the singer is unnatural and sounds like it was just added there. My theory is that the voice we hear is Nakajima's voice in Aimo's minimalist version, edited to sound full as that of an opera singer's. That's why we don't get to hear the "Mune no okuri nemuru" part, because we don't have an acapella of that portion of the song.

Also, listen to the way "aimo, aimo netelusche" is in about 1:20-1:25 minutes into the "episode 25 song". It's sang exactly in the way Megumi enunciates it in her version of the song (breath included). The "episode 25's" added vibratto in "..sche" sounds really awkward because a vibratto is usually done with elongated notes, but Megumi's singing in Aimo cuts it off pretty quick. Hence what we hear in the "episode 25 version" is a sort of awkward flanger... which I think gives it away as a computer edit.

----------------------------

Just listen to the vibratto again on that part of the song, you can't miss it. Nail in coffin for the music hoax :p

EDIT: Good fan work though ;)

Edited by mike_s_6

Referring to Kreshphy's statement on the last episode, SK did mention that the it would be a "culture shock" for us. So it may not be far from the truth,

if Episode 25 is like Tomino's kill them all last episode !

and I hope this is not the case. So brace yourself !

I still say Ranka leaves/transcends with the Vajra, look at Ozma, he's quite poised to let her go at this point. I just hope she cures Sheryl before she goes, to show her love for Alto.

As for a Kill 'em all ending, there was Aquarion & Arjuna...

I'm guessing that I'm the only one who doesn't know who or what Tomino is. <_< Can someone enlighten me?

Director behind the original Gundam trilogy and Gundam V. Primarily the UC continuity.

His depression became infamous due the gratious killing spree on Gundam V. Not to mention real sick like a severed head falling off a helmet.

Shoji Kawamori may be a troll but he is not emo. Pretty hippie in his animation work really.

Director behind the original Gundam trilogy and Gundam V. Primarily the UC continuity.

His depression became infamous due the gratious killing spree on Gundam V. Not to mention real sick like a severed head falling off a helmet.

Shoji Kawamori may be a troll but he is not emo. Pretty hippie in his animation work really.

Ah, I should have assumed it was a Gundam thing. <_< All you Gundamheads. :)

No, I think severing a character's moms head right in front of him was the pinacle of that era :)

Ah, I should have assumed it was a Gundam thing. <_< All you Gundamheads. :)

For me, his finest work was Ideon (1980)... (Which Macross took a lot from... specially the death scenes...). :mellow:

I like Gundamu too, but ain't a super fan of it... (not as much as Macross) <_<

Back to Frontier... I wonder if Animage had the duration of the final episode? Is it going to be an standard 30 min episode or will it last an hour? :huh: