Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Well... Look at it this way:

If there is to be a 2nd season, then they could do this:

Instead of having everyone dead, why not teleport them all to another dimension, or another location in space, and continue the story there? They could pull off a VOYAGER and have a quest for them to find a way home, or something. Heck, we might find out what happened to Shin and Sarah, and perhaps even the Protoculture!

XD

Isn't that basically what happened in the first series?

I seriously call BS on this. :wacko: Unless, Kawamori wants to destroy Macross and earn the wrath of fans everywhere, that has to be false. The show has been quality stuff, and an ending like that would completely destroy it.

Still, that post really screwed me up. I really don't want to see all the characters that I've become attached to die. I hope kresphy is wrong on this one. <_<

I don't believe that'll be the ending. Every Macross series so far has ended with the conflicted parties reaching a peaceful resolution. The AFOS doesn't destroy humanity, Zentradi join the humans, Protodeviln leave to explore other Galaxies, Isamu and Guld reconcile their differences and become friends again. A "kill 'em all" end would be such a departure from Kawamori's other works (this includes series outside of Macross) that I can't agree with it.

I dunno. Hasn't the body count been high and the violence a bit more gratuitous in this series? I dunno, I just don't see a happy ending is all.

One main character has been killed so far (No, Raramia doesn't count. Neither does the 33rd battalion), so I'm not sure what you mean by "body count."

I doubt the ending will be unreservedly happy and blissful, I doubt it will be as bleak as "everybody dies. The end."

(And yes, I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but kresphy didn't put the spoiler tags on his post when he first put it up. <_< )

Killing everyone in the last couple of episodes would be a pretty bad ending IMO. I would also think that it would be a pretty bad thing if Ozma died due to the pineapple cake from earlier just now getting him. That episode made me have some and I would hate if it had powers that emerged later on instead of right away. Just when you think its safe.

Not to mention it would be a pretty lazy way to end the series. It'll be like the last 24 episodes were all for nothing. It would be way too depressing for something that's as hopeful as Macross. Not to mention it would be so out of place with the show itself. Frontier never took itself way too seriously afterall.

I still call BS on this, I don't think anyone will have anyway of knowing until the episode actually premieres. Kawamori would most likely keep the ending under wraps. It could very well be false, just like those fake synopsis for the final episodes.

Edited by ShizumaRobo

Not to mention it would be a pretty lazy way to end the series. It'll be like the last 24 episodes were all for nothing. It would be way too depressing for something that's as hopeful as Macross. Not to mention it would be so out of place with the show itself. Frontier never took itself way too seriously afterall.

I still call BS on this, I don't think anyone will have anyway of knowing until the episode actually premieres. Kawamori would most likely keep the ending under wraps. It could very well be false, just like those fake synopsis for the final episodes.

If it is true, I'll be weeping for the entire Macross franchise.

Remember something, this is Kawamori we're dealing with! He wanted to make every Macross different, and if Macross Zero is an indication( because we don't KNOW that Shin and Sara are alive) this would definately be a different Macross. :ph34r::lol: I'm just messing around, Kawamori won't end it like that, er would he? :blink:

Not to mention that that's a sure fire way of killing sales of the DVD/BR and merchandises dead. That's what I'm likely to do if true.

Kawamori is not that pessimistic. Otherwise he'd actually be a hard drinking, heavy smoker. Not a nature loving vegetarian he currently is.

Edited by Strumvogel

One main character has been killed so far (No, Raramia doesn't count. Neither does the 33rd battalion), so I'm not sure what you mean by "body count."

I doubt the ending will be unreservedly happy and blissful, I doubt it will be as bleak as "everybody dies. The end."

(And yes, I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but kresphy didn't put the spoiler tags on his post when he first put it up. <_< )

1. Gilliam

2. The Pixie Squadron besides Klan

3. Michel

4. 33rd Battalion

5. 117th fleet

6. President Howard.

7. Various Islands of Frontier.

8. Island One itself being ravaged.

9. Etc.

Of course, Earth being annihilated at the end of SDF: Macross takes the pie of highest body count of a Macross series.

1. Gilliam

2. Raramia

3. Michel

4. 33rd Battalion

5. 117th fleet

6. President Howard.

9. Etc.

Of course, Earth being annihilated at the end of SDF: Macross takes the pie of highest body count of a Macross series.

Fixed xD

1. Gilliam

2. The Pixie Squadron besides Klan

3. Michel

4. 33rd Battalion

5. 117th fleet

6. President Howard.

9. Etc.

I guess your definition of "a main character" is different from mine. ^_^ I should have mentioned President Glass, but that still, by my estimate, ratchets up the main character body count to two.

Either way, I still call BS on kresphy's "spoiler" (just like everyone else has).

I thought you were Chinese? :lol: j/k

I don't quite get the difference between 2ch and 4ch as I don't go to either :p

2ch = the site is run by 2 guys called Chan.

4ch = run by 4 guys (or girls), all surnamed Chan.

At least that's what I thought. :p

But seriously, I have no idea, I never visit either site.

Graham

I told you guys. Kawamori-sama surely took notes from Gundam Zeta. In few episodes, most anime fans worldwide are doing to talk how Macross Frontier entered the LEGEND by killing the main characters. I'm sure Kawamori-sama is doing it for the good of the Macross universe. Thanks Kawamori-sama for your courage and long live to you.

Edited by Macross007

I'm not going to call definite BS on this one, but if you listen to the music, it doesn't have Kanno's feel to it. For me, the vocals sound like Megumi Nakajima's voice that has been passed through tons of synth, the vibratto is too perfect, the echos are too MUCH. So yes, I'm saying that it sounds like someone who knows how to manipulate music butchered up the versions of AIMO to make this.

If it isn't well, whatever :p

2ch = the site is run by 2 guys called Chan.

4ch = run by 4 guys (or girls), all surnamed Chan.

At least that's what I thought. :p

But seriously, I have no idea, I never visit either site.

Graham

Could anyone provide the link to2ch and 4ch sites? I like to go there to check out what is the fuss all about. :p

Super Ostrich

Macross F, EP.25

All dead!!!!!!!!!(Bajura, Frontier, Galaxy, Sheryl, Alto, Ranka, all........)

The ending is AIMO.

The Background use EP.1 preview's galaxy, white character's CAST.

AIMO, Find it in here:

http://www.death-note.biz/up/

ep25end.jpg

Actually I love it. That song is beautiful... Just like Arkan from Zero...

Everybody dying

makes sense with everything that has happened so far. If it ends up in a higher note fine by me... But the whole messy situation may probably end like Kreshpy said... Wars are bad ppl...

Tomino

all the way!!!

:ph34r:

I guess this makes the debate about who ends up with Alto, moot!! :lol:

Am I the only one happy to hear that? Down with the whole nonsense!!! ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Well, if there's going to be a wedding, I bet it's Ozma and Cathy's.

In all seriousness, unless Kawamori has gone off and become a jaded, bitter man, I see the Gundam ending as unlikely.

Because Emo endings are kind of passe... and so not Kawamori.

I also find this "spoiler" pretty hard to believe (maybe kresphy finally snapped), but am I the only one who can see a "kill them all" ending actually being uplifting?

Like, maybe when you get vaporized around the Vajra planet, you go to a happy place in fold space. Then Michel and Klan could be re-united, just like wolfx & company want. :D

In all seriousness, unless Kawamori has gone off and become a jaded, bitter man, I see the Gundam ending as unlikely.

Because Emo endings are kind of passe... and so not Kawamori.

You know... The original SDF Macross had lots of IDEON influences in it... except for the ending that is...

Perhaps that's what Kawamori meant when he said that Frontier was going to be the type of Macross series he always wanted to make?

"Kill 'Em All" Tomino style ending

all the way? :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn