Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

No, no and no!

As much as I love the original series, I don't want them to repeat what's been done before.

IMO, there's no need to remake everything, just cus' it's a couple of decades old.

Hollywood is doing it. :rolleyes:

Yes. Yes they do.

Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes anyone?

Yeah, we don't want to go there...

It wasn't THAT bad. I don't mind remakes as long as they're done right. I've always wanted to see SDFM re-animated (as much as I love the show as is). It'd be nice to see it with updated animation. I mean...keep the original audio...but bring back Haruhiko Mikimoto, Kazutaka Miyatake, and Shoji Kawamori (of course) and re-animate it! Could you guys imagine Frontier/Zero quality animation with the SDFM story? :wub: *drools*

They are not going to air a second season of Frontier in Feb, for one the season starts in Janurary so it can follow the 13 week cours, secondly a major show like Frontier would be airing in a major season like Spring/April and Fall/October. Maybe an OVA....

ACE Frontier PV2

mms://221.243.119.235/macross_acefrontier/pv2_1009_1m_df87.wmv

The game looks awesome!

And, IF something gets announced soon after the end of MF, I'm betting it would be an OVA, like I mentioned before, Satelight dropped the Hellsing Ultimate OVA contract for a reason, this might be it.

Actually... in a way, I'm lucky in that I didn't see the original until after the remake. Despite the limited budget costums and campy nature (or perhaps because of it?), the original is infinitely better. Perhaps it's the same problem as the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate factory? Too much time and attention spent on making the special effects look right, and not enough time spent on the writing and characters???

Anyhow, that snap of Aruto and the new planet looks groovy. On the Vajra planet???

It wasn't THAT bad. I don't mind remakes as long as they're done right. I've always wanted to see SDFM re-animated (as much as I love the show as is). It'd be nice to see it with updated animation. I mean...keep the original audio...but bring back Haruhiko Mikimoto, Kazutaka Miyatake, and Shoji Kawamori (of course) and re-animate it! Could you guys imagine Frontier/Zero quality animation with the SDFM story? :wub: *drools*

WTF!!!! A drunk Sheryl?

:ph34r::lol:

Is she going to sing "Sunset Beach"?

Regarding Galaxy, I'm kinda wondering what people expect to be revealed?

Something amazing, I guess.

Speculation about Alto's planet scene: I don't think it can be the Vajra planet, because it's far too early in the plot for him to be there already. Maybe a dream sequence of some sort?

Edited by DeeBot

Speculation about Alto's planet scene: I don't think it can be the Vajra planet, because it's far too early in the plot for him to be there already. Maybe a dream sequence of some sort?

Are you talking about

the third picture from the main site? That's on Frontier. You can see the familiar white lines in the sky if you squint hard enough.

Is it good quality, the whole song, and without talk and sound effects? Didn't think so, but thanks. :) I prefer an actual release of the song.

Actually, the 64k early release full version was leaked today. And after listening to it on repeat for the last 2 hours, I still can't get tired of it. :rolleyes:

Ep.23 images on the official site are out.

story_pic_23_01.jpg

wine and dinner. looks like a date to me.:D and someone seems to be drinking up some "liquid courage". hehe. ;)

btw, whose house is this? looks like the one ranka stayed in when she was recruited by the government.

EDIT: oops, no dinner. just wine. that alcohol will hit you hard sheryl. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

WTF!!!! A drunk Sheryl?

:ph34r::lol:

Ep.23 images on the official site are out.

story_pic_23_01.jpg

She's quite moe in that shot isn't she. Here's hoping for some fun scenes with her as we haven't had any of those in a while.

Edited by d3v

wine and dinner. looks like a date to me.:D and someone seems to be drinking up some "liquid courage". hehe. ;)

btw, whose house is this? looks like the one ranka stayed in when she was recruited by the government.

EDIT: oops, no dinner. just wine. that alcohol will hit you hard sheryl. :p

Saotome mansion my friend.