Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Beats me... Somebody re-post them please... Or at least give a description of what was in them, hehe... ^_^

Kresphy probably linked to the original magazine scans posted in 2ch, which are down now. So unless someone saved a copy like Mike did, we're SOL until then. The scan Mike reposted was the best one. The other 3 were more of a meh nature.

1. Brera and Ranka on one side, Alto and VF-171EX on the other.

2. Sheryl (in that trading card bikini outfit) in a singing pose on left, Alto in center, Ranka in that space suit fetal position on the lower right corner (ala episode 14).

3. Picture of Minmay and Ranka together. Ranka in this bikini-like outfit with garters that really isn't suitable for her.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Fun project for folks. A kind soul on 2ch posted a summary of the MacrossF articles and interviews from the various October anime magazines. I'm too busy to translate them today, so I figure I'd post them here and let someone else take a stab at it for fun. Enjoy! :)

ニュータイプ (Newtype)

早乙女アルト (Alto Satome)

SMSメンバーたちとは別行動をとり、新たに編成された新統合軍のエースとしてバジュラ殲滅作戦の最前線にたつアルト。 その行動とうらはらに彼はランカを信じて待っているのだろうか。

「歌うことを」を選んだシェリル。そしてそんな彼女を支えようと寄り添うのは新たにバルキリー隊隊長となったアルトだった。

シェリル (Sheryl)

アルトへの思いも今は封じ、たとえ兵器としてであっても、残された時間を歌に注ぐことを決意する。

それこそ彼女が銀河の歌姫である証なのだ。

アルトランカとの離別を経験したことで、みずからの戦いの意味と真正面から向き合い始める。

たとえそれがランカを倒すことになったとしても。

メジュ (Animage)

シェリルが不治の病に罹っていることを知ったとき、アルトの心は大きく傾く。

そしてフロンティアを捨て、バジュラ母星にむかったランカと敵味方に分かれることも

覚悟するのだった。

最後の瞬間までシェリルの側にいると誓ったアルト。だが、それは果たして本物の愛なのか? アルトへの想いを伝えることができなかったランカは、ついに人類のための歌を捨てあい君を守るためにバジュラの母星をめざした。

吉野いんたびゅ (Yoshino Interview - script writer)

歌に関して、最終回用にほぼ全てが新録している状態になっています。なぜ新録する必要があったのか。は、実際にごらんいただければわかると思います。

特に最終話のBパートははっきりいってものすごいことになっています。また新曲ですが…まぁご期待ください。 24、25話でいちおしサブキャラはモニカとジェフリー。ほんのちょっとだけカメラを振れたのだが嬉しかった。

グレイスについて (about Grace)

マオ・ノーム、ランシェ・、メイ、そしてグレイス・オコナー。この三人はかつて第117次調査船団に

おいて極秘にバジュラを研究していた同僚だった。自らの主張をマオとランシェに受け入れられなかった

グレイス。科学者としてのプライドが彼女をココまで狂奔させたのか?クライマックスのグレイスは特に

注目だ。

クライマックスになるといよいよマッドサイエンティストとしての本領を発揮するようになります。ランカちゅんをさんざん利用して、自分の望みをかなえようとするんです。戦闘ではクールさを残しつつ、かなりひどいことを叫びました。クライマックスは歌も戦闘もドラマも全部が見所です

監督インタビュー編 (Director's Interview)

メディア (Animedia)

ランカの母、ランシェ・メイは「蘭雪」・メイと書く。

ドクターマオの「ドクター」は宇宙生物学の博士号をとっているから。

シェリルの23話からの歌声は一味違って聞こえるかもしれない。

アルトがオズマたちと一緒に行かなかったのはタイミングのせい。シェリルを放っておけなかったから。

ランカもシェリルもオズマたちもみんな自分の意思で一歩を踏み出し、とにかく先にぶつかっていくが

アルトだけは遅れている。アルトが先に進めるかもクライマックスの見所のひとつ。

グレイスと会話している声の人たちは、ギャラクシーの幹部。ギャラクシーは全滅したことになっているが

それは彼らの流した壮大なる嘘。とある安全な場所に隠れ、裏から画策しています。ギャラクシーの利益に合致するグレイスの実験を実行させている黒幕です。実験を成功させるためには同胞であるフロンティアを犠牲にしても厭わないと思っている連中ですから、グレイスよりタチが悪い。彼らの最終目的な何なのかお楽しみです(河森)

・ランカのおなかが光るのはナイショ。ある意味、この物語の胆ですから。深~い意味があるんです。

本編が終わったあとも考えて欲しいことです(河)

・ランカとブレラに共通するのは記憶というキーワードです。ランカのほうは戻りつつあるけど、まだ

失われたピースがあるので、それをうめたい。もうひとつ大切なことは「あい君」というバジュラの子供

と気持ちが通じている、「ような気がする」ということです。これも「本当のこと」が知りたい。

ブレラはサイボーグになっている自分、「人としての自分」を取り戻したいんでしょうね。ランカといけば

それがわかるような気がするんでしょう。

・グレイスは大きなスパンで物事をみているので、小さな犠牲はしょうがないと考えている。

23話以降、その犠牲を強いていく展開になるでしょう

・ビルラー氏が大切にしている写真の主は…それはもう、見ればわかります(笑

ラスト三本、テレビシリーズとしてやれる限りのことをやろうと、今は決戦前夜のような気分です。

スタッフが倒れないように願うのみです。

ランカの歌声とバジュラの関係は何だったのか?アルトは思い切り空を飛べるのか?ためこんだ

あらゆる要素をぎゅうぎゅうに詰め込んで、最後の最後まで何が起きるかわからない展開に

なっていますので、見逃さないでください!そう!最後の最後まで…

Have fun! :)

And the little something that caught my eye:

最後の瞬間までシェリルの側にいると誓ったアルト。だが、それは果たして本物の愛なのか?

This line is confirming that there is still doubt about the triangle. Essentially: Alto promised to stay beside Sheryl, but is it true love?

... :c

Edited by mike_s_6

The goods keep coming :lol: Thanks.

And the little something that caught my eye:

最後の瞬間までシェリルの側にいると誓ったアルト。だが、それは果たして本物の愛なのか?

This line is confirming that there is still doubt about the triangle. Essentially: Alto promised to stay beside Sheryl, but is it true love?

... :c

I don't think the triangle was ever resolved in 22. So it makes sense that they will bring this to our attention, much like how they brought the picture of Miyo sama and Alto in the middle of that emotional scene last episode. ^_^

Google translate everyone for those who can't wait. :p

Newtype (Newtype)

早乙女Alto (Alto Satome)

SMS members to take action and is separate from the newly formed as the ace of the new integrated army Vajra passes Alto-destroy mission on the frontlines. URAHARA his actions and he is waiting to be believed Lanka?

"Sing" Sheryl chose. She and blindly seeking to snuggle up to the new corps commander of the Valkyrie Alto.

Cheryl (Sheryl)

Alto is now expected to seal, even as weapons-even song pour the remaining time to decide.

That's what the diva in her letter of the galaxy.

ARUTORANKA separated from the experience of the meaning and own the head-on the face of battle begin.

Lanka to the ground even as it was.

MEJU (Animage)

Sheryl is an incurable disease罹っlearned that when the heart is largely Leaning Alto.

Frontier and the sacrifice of the Vajra MUKATTA Lanka star mother's side and the enemy can also be divided into

It was prepared.

Sheryl until the last moment and held the side of the Alto. However, it is really a true love? Alto later thoughts Conveys couldnt Lanka, mankind at last song to protect the Kimi disabuse Ai BAJU La mother stars MEZASHITA.

BYU INTA Yoshino (Yoshino Interview - script writer)

Songs for the final out for APPENDICES almost everything is new to the state. Why had the new record? , You'll actually look at you.

In particular, the last episode of Part B is clear that it is enormous. The new song Oh, but stay tuned… KUDASAI. Must-See Item 24,25 story of Monica and Jeffrey sub caravan. Just a little bit happy, but振れたcamera.

About Grace (about Grace)

Norm Mao, RANSHE, May and Grace O'Connor. The three former convoy with the 117th survey

It is studying the strict secrecy Vajra colleagues were. Mao and his claim to RANSHE accepting so RARENA

Grace. As a scientist here until her pride in his frantic efforts? The climax is particularly GUREISU

Attention.

Climax will finally come to life as a mad scientist it. Chu Lanka to beat me, using the KANAEYOU own wishes. The fighting is left to cool while screamed It is pretty bad. Song climaxes with a battle also highlights all of them dramas.

Chapter Director Interview (Director's Interview)

Media (Animedia)

Lanka, the mother Mei RANSHE "Susugi Ran" Mae and write.

DOKUTAMAO "doctor" in space biology with a doctorate.

Sheryl, 23 stories, the voice might sound like a different clan.

Ozma Alto who is with the timing because I did not. Sheryl OKENAKATTA that emanated from.

Sheryl Lanka and they are all Ozma voluntary step, at any rate is against the SI

Only Alto has been delayed. Alto may be the first to promote the attractions of one climax.

Grace conversations with the voice of the people of the Galaxy executives. Galaxy is a holocaust that we have been

壮大なるgiving the lie to them. An undisclosed safe place to hide, from behind the plot. Galaxy GUREISU meet the interests of an experiment in running behind the scenes. Experiment is a success for our brothers at the expense of the Frontier厭わないof people think that since the obnoxious from Grace. They see the last of what you (River Forest)

Lanka's tummy NAISHO is shining. In a sense, the story of bile. If we were to have deep meaning.

In this column think they'll want it (river)

Brera Lanka and the memory is a common term. It is now back to Lanka, but still

Peace is lost, so it UMETAI. Another important thing is "I Do" kids Vajra

And the emotionally, "feel like" that. This is "really" want to know.

Brera has been one of Cyborg, "as his"取り戻したいI think. Hopefully Lanka and

It feels like you know it.

Grace is a large span, so try things on a small sacrifice can not be helped, and so on.

23 story after the sacrifices we deploy will be strong

BIRURA is important, the photos are mainly of… Oh, I see that point of view (laughs

Last three TV series to do as long as you do, I feel like the eve of the deciding match.

Staff only hope is to not fall.

Lanka Vajra voice, and what were the relationships? Alto is hard to fly in the sky? TAMEKONDA

詰め込んpacked with every element, to the bitter end deploy do not know what would happen

And so does not miss, please! Yes! Until the last minute…

Edited by shan

The goods keep coming :lol: Thanks.

I don't think the triangle was ever resolved in 22. So it makes sense that they will bring this to our attention, much like how they brought the picture of Miyo sama and Alto in the middle of that emotional scene. ^_^

But there are quite a handful who thought it was resolved, so it's good to hear a confirmation that it still may not be.

Babel Fish...

Concerning [gureisu] (about Grace)

[mao] norm, [ranshie], May, and [gureisu] [okona]. These three people were the colleague who researches [bajiyura] strictly confidential at one time in the 117th next investigation fleet. Insistence of the self [gureisu] which was not accepted to [mao] and [ranshie]. Pride as a scientist making desperate efforts her to the coconut? [gureisu] of the climax is especially attention. When it becomes the climax, it reaches the point where feature as a mad scientist more and more is shown.

So...

GRACE IS A FREAKING MAD CYBORG!!!

I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!! :lol:

(Edit) Better version:

Concerning Grace... She, Mao Nome and Ranshe Mei were colleagues whose research of the Vajra was strictly confidential during their time in the 117th Investigation Fleet. Because of her selfish attitude, Grace was never accepted by Dr. Mao and Ranshe. Her pride as a scientist making desperate efforts to please her peers drove her mad. During the development of the climax for the series she will be shown as a mad scientist more and more.

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

But there are quite a handful who thought it was resolved, so it's good to hear a confirmation that it still may not be.

Yeah. That magazine article is definitely sowing the seeds of doubts. If you read all the articles and interviews, they did an excellent job of not spoiling the triangle ending and maintaining the image that anything is possible. It's gonna be 3 long weeks. <_<

@thanks to shan and kronnang dunn

although I do not quite comprehend many of the statements, i believe this next three weeks will really be a long wait T_____T

waaaaaa!!!! I want to know NOW! hehe XD

You welcome dude. I managed to edit the text regarding galaxy anonymous...

Galaxy anonymous is

the leading staff of Macross Galaxy. Although the macross-galaxy colony-ship was supposed to have been destroyed totally, they (high-class leaders) hid it in a safe place and have been manipulating Grace and the events affecting Frontier.

They are the puppetters who are backing up the experiment of Grace.

Since it is a party that does not mind to sacrifice even their human comrades at Macross Frontier for the success of the experiment, they are an evil worse than Grace. Their last purpose is still unknown.

(Kawamori's own words...) :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Actually, it's the opposite.

The fact that is was destroyed was lie fabricated by them.

I missed an "it"... sorry... :rolleyes:

Check the corrected version...

Galaxy anonymous is

the leading staff of Macross Galaxy. Although the macross-galaxy colony-ship was supposed to have been destroyed totally, they (high-class leaders) hid IT in a safe place and have been manipulating Grace and the events affecting Frontier.

They are the puppetters who are backing up the experiment of Grace.

Since it is a party that does not mind to sacrifice even their human comrades at Macross Frontier for the success of the experiment, they are an evil worse than Grace. Their last purpose is still unknown.

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

ahh my bad XD

yeah ahehehe i thought

galaxy was destroyed and they hid themselves maybe in an escape pod or something

cheers! and thanks for the correction XD

@graham

yeah and I really am digging that vf-171ex model kit just right now XD

very nice rifle, and has missile pods to boot! XD

Edited by shinkirou

ahh my bad XD

yeah ahehehe i thought

galaxy was destroyed and they hid themselves maybe in an escape pod or something

cheers! and thanks for the correction XD

@graham

yeah and I really am digging that vf-171ex model kit just right now XD

very nice rifle, and has missile pods to boot! XD

Model kit??

Funny how the article on the back of the poster in the October 2008 Newtype got missed...

what with it's interview with Shoji Kawamori and Haruhiko Mikimoto AND fun things like "February 2009" and in big bold letters "MACROSS BEGINS".

Funny how that got missed in the scans and mobile phone pictures.

Funny how the article on the back of the poster in the October 2008 Newtype got missed...

what with it's interview with Shoji Kawamori and Haruhiko Mikimoto AND fun things like "February 2009" and in big bold letters "MACROSS BEGINS".

Consider mind BLOWN!!

Scan?

Will try to pick up tomorrow.

Hmm.....'Macross Begins'...........perhaps it will be a new TV series or OVA based on the 1999 to 2009 period, i.e. from when the ASS-1 crashes to the start of the orignal SDFM TV series.

I'd still love a season 2 of Frontier though.

Anway, unless Sketchley is pulling our collective legs about the writing on the back of the poster it sounds like Frontier was a big enough success that we may be getting some form of new Macross anime next year.....yippee!

I do hope it's something set in the 2050s or beyond though. I'm personally not keen on retreading old ground with an origin story.

Graham