Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Okay... not quite the way I expected things to go. Doesn't actually fit completely with what we've learned yet, so there's going to be pretty intense development leading up to this point as well.

Also, I'd translate the longer spoiler as follows:

NUNS arrive as reinforcements from earth, carrying a new planet destroying "Fold Weapon".

The NUNS who have reworked their system decide to destroy the Vajra home planet.

Alto and co, who have learned that Ranka is gathering all the Vajra to the main planet and plans to self-destruct, rushes to the main planet to stop her.

Ozma, who believed in Alto and co, tries to destroy the "Fold Weapon" alone and challanges the NUNS.

Horrid wording but it contains more info than the other. I'll try to polish it a little once I've woken up more...

What about my Galaxy fleet? :mellow:

Could it be that the

"NUNS reinforcements with improved system"

are Galaxy?

Btw... I thought the first spoiler mentioned that

the planet was going to self-destruct. Is it going to be bombed by NUNS instead or what

? :blink:

Make up your mind please... :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Could it be that the

"NUNS reinforcements with improved system"

are Galaxy?

Btw... I thought the first spoiler mentioned that

the planet was going to self-destruct. Is it going to be bombed by NUNS instead or what

? :blink:

Make up your mind please... :rolleyes:

According to the spoiler,

the reinforcements are from Earth.

Also, Ranka it seems intends to self-destruct after gathering all the Vajra to the planet. I suppose the explosion would have to be big enough

to destroy the planet. Independantly of that however, appears to be that the NUNS intend to destroy the planet with the Fold weapon.

Anyway, I hope Ozma hasn't bitten off more than he can swallow... :unsure:

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

According to the spoiler,

the reinforcements are from Earth.

Also, Ranka it seems intends to self-destruct after gathering all the Vajra to the planet. I suppose the explosion would have to be big enough

to destroy the planet. Independantly of that however, appears to be that the NUNS intend to destroy the planet with the Fold weapon.

Okay... So...

Earth NUNS wants to destroy the planet and Ranka too. I bet that's not in Leon, Grace/Galaxy plans...

Damn... I just hope

Ozma doesn't end up helping Grace/Galaxy to save Ranka

Probable ending...

Sheryl stays in the planet instead (since she's going to die anyway due to the V-Type infection). The Vajra and the planet are destroyed. Ranka and Alto get together in the end...

Grace escapes to Galaxy... (To cause trouble on season 2?)

Okay... So...

Earth NUNS wants to destroy the planet and Ranka too. I bet that's not in Leon, Grace/Galaxy plans...

Damn... I just hope

Ozma doesn't end up helping Grace/Galaxy to save Ranka

Probable ending...

Sheryl stays in the planet instead (since she's going to die anyway due to the V-Type infection). The Vajra and the planet are destroyed. Ranka and Alto get together in the end...

Grace escapes to Galaxy... (To cause trouble on season 2?)

Don't think Leon has a clue as to what Grace/Galaxy wanted with Ranka. Last episode showed us Grace feeding him a lie that Galaxy was destroyed, so he's probably been kept in the dark quite a lot by Grace. In short he doesn't care.

And the only way I could see your probable ending being true is if there IS going to be a season 2. No word on that though.

EDIT: Thinking about it,

It could be possible that the only thing Grace/Galaxy wanted from Ranka was for her to find the Vajra home world for them. Their treasure island... at any rate I think next weeks episode will provide a lot of answers.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Looks like it stayed at the #3 spot for 2 weeks, then disappeared out of the top 10.

What I find most interesting is that the 2001 release of Totoro pops up at 4th, slips to 6th, and then up to first! Go Totoro!

This was MF vol. 1's rank when it came out:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...king-july-24-30

Nothing usually stays on more than a week anyway, since that's where the initial demand is (unless it's a Miyasaki film or some such). It will be interesting when volume 2 comes out later on 9/26/08 to see if MacrossF can sustain the momentum.

Does anybody has a longer summary for Episode 24?

:mellow:

Nothing yet. And 2ch is up in arms about the spoilers Kresphy just posted because it didn't originate there and they have no clue where it came from. Quite a few Japanese posters there are calling it fake (a.k.a. foreign troll-fu), and there are no NT or Animedia scan yet. So I'd hold my horses and wait for a magazine scan or something definitive before getting too excited. :ph34r:

if Earth sends reinforcements I demand to see VF-19F and VF-22S!!! B))

EX-Versions only... ^_^

Nothing yet. And 2ch is up in arms about the spoilers Kresphy just posted because it didn't originate there and they have no clue where it came from. Quite a few Japanese posters there are calling it fake (a.k.a. foreign troll-fu), and there are no NT or Animedia scan yet. So I'd hold my horses and wait for a magazine scan or something definitive before getting too excited. :ph34r:

Well, fake or not fake is very probable

the planet ends up destroyed in the last Episode... since each and every Protoculture related planet showed in the different Macross series has been destroyed or devastated somehow (Earth, Rax... now Triangler?).

Btw, I officialy name the new Vajra Main planet as TRIANGLER... :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

it's funny if what was mentioned is actually true...

is SDFM, Zentradi found Earth, came and destroy it to wipe out humanity,

now it's humans that will arrive to an alien planet and destroy it to wipe out the living species, maybe this time humanity will get a culture shock... eeek

Edited by Valkyrie addict

quick info

NTバレ

ランカは全てのバシュラを母星に集めて、母星事自爆死しようとする

Ranka collecting all Bajura in the Mother Star, and self-destruction.

FULL info

地球からも新統合軍が新兵器惑星消滅兵器『フォールド兵器』を持って援軍として到着。

体制を立て直した新統合軍はバジュラの母星消滅を決定。

ランカが母星事、全てのバジュラと一緒に自爆死しようと知ったアルト達は、ランカを止めようと母星への強行突入を決行をする。

アルト達を信じたオズマは、単機で『フォールド兵器』を破壊しようと新統合軍に戦いを挑む。

NUNS decide to destroy Bajura's Mother Star with Fold Weapon.

Alto prevent Ranka self-destruction and destroy Fold Weapon.

S.M.S vs NUNS!!

What about my Sheryl?

This might still be unsourced right now but if this is how things are going to go, I must say that we're in for a one heck of a finale. This makes sense. A WHOLE lot.

This may tie in with what the Galaxy is planning to do with the Vajra homeworld which is their "treasure planet". For Ranka to self-destruct together with the Vajra, I could only guess that Galaxy's dream will be detrimental to every human being alive.

Of course the issue with Frontier and Vajra will also be another matter. Double death threats for Ranka---from herself and from the people she's trying to save. People who have hated on her character for so long will get....served.

This will be amusing if this spoiler gets proven.

I imagine they would be since the 2chers aren't exactly the best place for actual info either. I'd wait for a magazine scan.

I'm so not reading the spoilers. :p

Ditto.

Unfortunately, I feel like I have to check this thread occasionally for news info on merchandise, events, and the like, so I'm glad that everyone is putting spoiler tags over the stuff that I really don't want to read.

I've completely stopped reading the plot speculation thread, however.

Don't worry. Given what's happened with the previous "successful" Macross releases, it's highly likely that we'll see more Macross F (or another new Macross production.)

Keep in mind:

SDF:M -> DYRL, FB2012 (and all the other Macross series)

M7 -> Galaxy is Calling, Dynamite, 3x bonus episodes.

I won't be surprised if we get a movie, an OVA series, and perhaps even bonus episodes. ;)

Don't worry. Given what's happened with the previous "successful" Macross releases, it's highly likely that we'll see more Macross F (or another new Macross production.)

Keep in mind:

I won't be surprised if we get a movie, an OVA series, and perhaps even bonus episodes. ;)

If RahXephon and Eureka Seven can get movie re tellings so can Frontier which has sold way more than those 2 combined.

Keep in mind:

Don't get confident. We don't know yet if Macross Frontier is a success even in Japan.

But we are talking for ONE volume. I want to see the sales for the upcoming volumes. This is why I'm saying that being confident at this time is illogical.

No being un-confident is illogical when it's already sold more dvds and bluerays off 1 volume than 90% of the anime produced this decade, when it's sold over half a million in singles and albums, when it's the second most popular anime this season going by mag polls and japanese forum activity behind Code Geass R2 (R2 and Frontier are so much more talked about on 2ch than anything else from Spring and Summer its not funny). It has 3 manga adaptions, a light novel adaption, a psp video game, had a pizza hut tie in.

It's popular.

Edited by Westlo

No being un-confident is illogical when it's already sold more dvds and bluerays off 1 volume than 90% of the anime produced this decade, when it's sold over half a million in singles and albums, when it's the second most popular anime this season going by mag polls and japanese forum activity behind Code Geass R2 (R2 and Frontier are so much more talked about on 2ch than anything else from Spring and Summer its not funny). It has 3 manga adaptions, a light novel adaption, a psp video game, had a pizza hut tie in.

It's popular.

OK, you convince me. But I'm still waiting for a Macross PS3 game to be REALLY convinced. ;)

OK, you convince me. But I'm still waiting for a Macross PS3 game to be REALLY convinced. ;)

lol... for me, a PS3 macross game would be the principal reason to get one of those beautiful black boxes - so far not even their blu-ray abilities have been able to sway me, but such a game just might. I fully intend to get a PSP just for ace frontier lol.

I want it made by the guys who make Gran Turismo! Omega Boost by PD on the PSX was nice, Kawamori designs as well!

Are those the same company who made Macross for the PS2? Finally got my PS2 modded to play that game after yeaaars of waiting. It rocks!!!

Btw... Does anybody know if Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP will be ported to the PS2 like the Silent Hill Origins game did or is it too early to tell?

Need news on that!!! :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

EP.23-25

^^

Animage

080908mf25.jpg

NT

080908ntmf01.jpg

080908ntmf02.jpg

080908ntmf03.jpg

■第23話 トゥルー・ビギン (9/11)

資源の窮乏でフロンティア船団の食料は配給制となり、酸素の濃度も低下しつつあった。

そんな中にあっても、アルトは病に伏せるシェリルに手料理をふるまうなど献身的な看護をしていた。

戦いでは得られない安らぎのひと時を過ごしていた彼だが、

バジュラの生態とランカの歌に関する秘密を三島たちから聞き……。(NT)

フロンティア船団内の資源はいよいよ窮乏してきた。

そんな中、アルトはV型感染症をわずらうシェリルに手料理を振る舞い、束の間のひと時を過ごす。

だがその直後、アルトはビルラーと三島から、バジュラの生態とランカの歌との秘密を聞いてしまう。(メディア)

食料は配給制となり、酸素は低下。いよいよ資源が欠乏してきたフロンティア船団。

そんななか、V型感染症を患うシェリルに手料理を振る舞うアルト。

ふたりは久々に安らいだ時間を過ごす。だが、その直後、驚くべきことが!?(メージュ)

■第24話 ラスト・フロンティア (9/18)

かつて第117調査船団がバジュラたちの襲撃によって壊滅した事件の真相を突き止めたS.M.Sのメンバーたち。

ランカが家族を失い、オズマと暮らすことになったこの事件にはグレイスの野望が絡んでいた。

一方、フロンティア船団の軍部はバジュラとの戦いに終止符を打つことを決断する。(NT)

マクロス・クォーターのメンバーはかつて起きた第117調査船団の事故の秘密をつきとめていた。

一方、船団の存亡を賭け、バジュラとの決戦に臨むフロンティアの軍部は、

バジュラの星にアルトたちを向かわせていた。(メディア)

かつての第117調査船団の事故の秘密を突き止めたマクロス・クォーターのメンバー。

そこにはグレイスの野望の影があった。

そのころ、フロンティア軍部は船団の存続を賭け、バジュラとの決戦に挑む決意をしていた。(メージュ)

■第25話 アナタノオト (9/25)

フロンティア船団とバジュラの攻防は熾烈をきわめていた。

攻撃宇宙空母バトルフロンティアが敵の本拠地に突撃する一方で、

バジュラの攻撃を受け危機に陥る船団の居住区アイランドワン。

そんな折、ブリッジに設けられたステージにある人物のシルエットが映し出される

。(NT)

フロンティア船団はバジュラたちとの決死の攻防を繰り返していた。

だがバジュラの力は強大で、フロンティアの居住区・アイランドワンが危機に瀕する。

そして、バトルフロンティアが敵本星に向かう中、ブリッジのステージにある人物のシルエットが現れる。(メディア)

バジュラの星に向かい、決死の攻防を繰り広げるフロンティア船団。

だが、バジュラの力は強大でフロンティア居住区アイランドワンは危機に瀕してしまう。

そんななか敵の本星にバトルフロンティアは向かう。(メージュ)

Who's silhouette in stage?

Minmay?

Sara?

Mao?

Ranshe?

Edited by kresphy

Quick true info!

080908mf25.jpg

^^