Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

I think they are meant to be more of a mini synopsis than something that completely spoils an episode, and TV LIFE which this came from doesn't have as many lines for their synopsis as say Newtype or Animage.

Also saying something like

After Sheryl confessed her love through song and Alto did the same backstage they are now peacefully passing the time together, while Alto cooks Sheryl considers how to tell Alto about her condition. While Frontier fleet resources are low, Leon tells Mr Bilrer that his hair is in fact a wig!

instead of

Due to insufficient resources in the Frontier Fleet, food is being rationed. As the oxygen is being lowered, Alto cooks for a V-virus infected Sheryl and they pass the time peacefully. Right after that, Bilrer hears a shocking secret from Mishima.

kinda ruins the previous episodes events doesn't it? Wait until around the 6th-10th for some more detailed synopsis/spoilers for 23 as well as 24+25.

Are you implying that they would end of together, assuming both survive that is? :ph34r:

kinda ruins the previous episodes events doesn't it? Wait until around the 6th-10th for some more detailed synopsis/spoilers for 23 as well as 24+25.

Err... until the 6th of September? It will be very tough for me at least... <_<

Also... Episode 23 airs the 11th... If the detailed synopsis comes out the 10th, it will be useless... :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

i heaven't seen or played School days yet, but knowing that it has quite violent bad endings, is that a decapitated head she is hugging.

Ah now I get it, they photoshopped some Macross screens to make them look more similar to School days. I was wondering when we ever saw a bloody ranka. Alto's head is a nice touch there.

Ah now I get it, they photoshopped some Macross screens to make them look more similar to School days. I was wondering when we ever saw a bloody ranka. Alto's head is a nice touch there.

The Japanese writing suggested the correct order in reading the pictures was right-to-left. Probably the pic is from 2ch.

FV

This might not be the best place to post this, but anyone noticed that the Don't Be Late music from the first released Trailler isn't the same as the one officially released????

I tried to edit the music, but since i'm not an expert at doing this i want to ask you guys if it sounds ok.

This thread is for promotional materials only (magazine articles, commercials, website updates etc.). Please do not post any links to episodes or full soundtracks anywhere in the forum.
Edited by azrael

This might not be the best place to post this, but anyone noticed that the Don't Be Late music from the first released Trailler isn't the same as the one officially released????

I tried to remix the music, but since i'm not an expert at doing this i want to ask you guys if it sounds ok.

akt_m, as far as I'm concerned, your remix sounds bloody pimp. B)) What did you do to the original? I know it is and feel it different, but I can't put my finger (or ear) on it.

Edited by Lindem Herz

Just changed the first part of the music. It is just i liked better the "Don't be late" released with the Macross F Trailler, when they released the decultured director cut first ep. i was kinda disapointed that they changed the music.

Not a remix exactly, just don't know the right word to use...

To be plain and simple: Extracted the vocals, copy pasted the instrumental part from the second part, joined them back.

Edited by akt_m

I tried to edit the music, but since i'm not an expert at doing this i want to ask you guys if it sounds ok.

The difference is the one on the OST 1 is the SOS version and has the crowd cheering as well as added "boom , zoom, whoosh" SFX. This is the one on the 1st trailer. The one in the single doesn't have all the background stuff.

And lol @ school days. Nice Statue!

639970.jpg

第22話:ノーザンクロス(Northern Cross)、2008.09.04

第23話:トゥルー・ビギン(True Begin)、2008.09.11

第24話:ラスト・フロンティア(Last Frontier)、2008.09.18

最終回:アナタノオト(Your Sounds)、2008.09.25

アナタノオトis the last song in the last episode???????????

What about DYRL??????

= =

Kreshpy is going to post it here after having misposted it in the mecha/technology thread.

However, I must say that the Japanese TV guide is listing only episodes that will be aired in september, so I say it's still undecided whether the 25 will be the last one.

FV

Kreshpy is going to post it here after having misposted it in the mecha/technology thread.

However, I must say that the Japanese TV guide is listing only episodes that will be aired in september, so I say it's still undecided whether the 25 will be the last one.

FV

Given that the 09.25 entry says "Last episode" it seems to be rather decided to me. Just wondering how they're going to wrap everything up in 4 more episodes...

Err... until the 6th of September? It will be very tough for me at least... <_<

Also... Episode 23 airs the 11th... If the detailed synopsis comes out the 10th, it will be useless... :rolleyes:

10 comes before 11 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also the 10th is the very latest you will get the spoilers, I expect Kresphy or someone on AS to have them up by the 7th at the latest.

I worry about that, too. Then again, I haven't seen episode 21 yet. I can see the series being wrapped up well in 5 episodes from where things leave off in 20. It's just that since Zero seemed to end in such a rushed fashion, I've been worrying about that for Frontier, wondering just how much is planned and scripted in advance.

I worry about that, too. Then again, I haven't seen episode 21 yet. I can see the series being wrapped up well in 5 episodes from where things leave off in 20. It's just that since Zero seemed to end in such a rushed fashion, I've been worrying about that for Frontier, wondering just how much is planned and scripted in advance.

I guess faster pacing now, lets not hope its gonna be Arjuna or Zero ending <_<. If its end in 25 with a massive cliffhanger, I'll inject myself with Refrain drug from CG. :mellow:

Someone quoted Kawamori (from a recent interview or from the MF DVD commentary, I'm not sure which) as saying that there's at least some leeway in story creation, and that "Legend of Zero" wasn't originally part of the plan.

That said, I would guess that the ending was plotted out in advance. I think whether it will feel rushed or not largely depends on what happens with Ranka next episode.

I'm not entirely convinced that the last episode will be 25 despite that magazine displayed it as "final". Wasn't it stated before that the final episode would be aired on Oct. 16? Either that magazine is at error or we mistook the series ending in October. I just hope its the former than the latter.

I'm not entirely convinced that the last episode will be 25 despite that magazine displayed it as "final". Wasn't it stated before that the final episode would be aired on Oct. 16? Either that magazine is at error or we mistook the series ending in October. I just hope its the former than the latter.

There is no question in what the magazine says, but its entirely possible they're mistaken. Does anyone recall where it was said the show would end in October?

There is no question in what the magazine says, but its entirely possible they're mistaken. Does anyone recall where it was said the show would end in October?

It was from Yahoo.jp IIRC. They might have assumed skipped weeks for the Olympics originally? Anyway, the 25th date kind of makes sense from the DVD/BD release standpoint on the 26th, but it kind of kills promotion over the course of the next few weeks for Macross Ace Frontier, as well as the Finale concerts on the 13th and 22nd. It's going to be an interesting month, if it's indeed accurate.

Edited by stray

It wasn't announced, but there was a commercial in episode 20 stating two possible dates for a "final concert".

It was from Yahoo.jp IIRC. They might have assumed skipped weeks for the Olympics originally? Anyway, the 25th date kind of makes sense from the DVD/BD release standpoint on the 26th, but it kind of kills promotion over the course of the next few weeks for Macross Ace Frontier, as well as the Finale concerts on the 13th and 22nd. It's going to be an interesting month, if it's indeed accurate.

Well...just because the show's ending doesn't mean the fanbase will instantly move on. And with the DVDs coming out, more and more people will get exposed to the show. Several shows (First Gundam, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop...there may be others) didn't get their popularity until after the televised run had finished.

They'll find ways to promote the upcoming events/products, and there will be a receptive audience for them.

Well...just because the show's ending doesn't mean the fanbase will instantly move on. And with the DVDs coming out, more and more people will get exposed to the show. Several shows (First Gundam, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop...there may be others) didn't get their popularity until after the televised run had finished.

They'll find ways to promote the upcoming events/products, and there will be a receptive audience for them.

I'm still hoping for seasons 2 as long as it was 'planned all along' just kept unannounced until the end. Or that we'll get some frontier encore or frontier dynamite etc