Microman Macro-Klan figure, with in-scale Michel & Q-Rau!

AcroRay

Sort of a cross over with my Microman hobby, sent to be by a buddy who's also a Macross fan & Microman collector. Flight suit Klan (I still prefer "Kuran"...) with a little tiny Michel and a major modification of Imai's Q-Rau kit to fit the figure!

"http://kandarai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/micro/img-box/img20080810073109.jpg

(don't click the link, but rather cut and paste it to avoid being redirected

by infoseek's anti-hotlink detection)"

Courtesy of my pal Microbry.

http://rockettubes.livejournal.com/

Edited by AcroRay

Just to clarify - I don't own this. The image link was sent to me by a fellow Microman collector.

Just what Microlady parts were used, I can't be sure. The head probably comes from a gashapon figure. The body looks like Microlady Eris, but there may be other figure bits used as well (body parts are interchangeable among various models in the line.). Not certain where the helmet comes from, either. If I find out, I'll post more info.

uh, he said it was a Microman figure... lol.

<_< Erm.. I know buddy. But there are hundreds of different microman figures- different body types, different joint structures, different proportions. ;)

For example; there are 3 different body-sculpts used in modern Microman Lady figures, each with a different bust size. There is also a Microman "Micro-sister" body sculpt, which is shorter than the Microman-Lady sculpt and uses a different joint configuration. Not to mention the different paint schemes and base-material color used for the ABS and PVC parts of microman figures. Some are cast in clear plastic, some white, some blue, and just about every color of the rainbow. Might not seem like a big deal, but the coloration of the base figure used counts when customizing figures. If you end up having to paint the joints and other moving parts, you risk having them freezing together when the paint dries. Basically, you risk turning the figure from an articulated figure into a mini-statue.

Just what Microlady parts were used, I can't be sure. The head probably comes from a gashapon figure. The body looks like Microlady Eris, but there may be other figure bits used as well (body parts are interchangeable among various models in the line.). Not certain where the helmet comes from, either. If I find out, I'll post more info.

Thanks, AcroRay; I appreciate the information. ^_^

You're quite welcome!

Word is that the figure is based on the Microman MicroAction Asuka Langley Soryu figure - which would explain the shoulder buildup and the red in the inner shoulder joint. There's probably MicroAction Rei Ayanami for white parts mixed in there as well, and it looks to me like the torso & legs are white Microman Material Microlady L+ parts - since of course neither Asuka or Rei have b00bs like Klan... and the legs seem to lack the extra ankle and thigh rotation joints that the Eva girls' Microman bodies have. All of that is pretty easy to get on eBay, although you might have to go through a couple of different sellers. There's one seller from Japan who sells lots of Material stock on eBay. If you buy though her, ask if she can get you Asuka & Rei as well. Might save yourself some hassle.

No idea about the head, though. some kind'a gashapon or other collectible PVC figure. Might even come with the helmet - especially since the helmet looks like paint over softer plastic (a little goopy). I don't think its one of the road-force figures, or any of the recent takusotsu-series figures that were using Microman bodies. The face may not even go with the helmet.

You're quite welcome!

Word is that the figure is based on the Microman MicroAction Asuka Langley Soryu figure - which would explain the shoulder buildup and the red in the inner shoulder joint. There's probably MicroAction Rei Ayanami for white parts mixed in there as well, and it looks to me like the torso & legs are white Microman Material Microlady L+ parts - since of course neither Asuka or Rei have b00bs like Klan... and the legs seem to lack the extra ankle and thigh rotation joints that the Eva girls' Microman bodies have. All of that is pretty easy to get on eBay, although you might have to go through a couple of different sellers. There's one seller from Japan who sells lots of Material stock on eBay. If you buy though her, ask if she can get you Asuka & Rei as well. Might save yourself some hassle.

If you're referring to zira28, I agree: One outstanding seller! I've picked up a bunch of the Material Force Microman Lady and Micro Sister figures already for use with customs. So far, these are the best articulated figures around that I can find in 3"3/4 scale. I've been trying to go smaller, though. Do you know of any figure line with comparable articulation, but on a smaller scale? So far, all of my ebay and google searches have turned up nothing..

<_< Erm.. I know buddy. But there are hundreds of different microman figures- different body types, different joint structures, different proportions. ;)

For example; there are 3 different body-sculpts used in modern Microman Lady figures, each with a different bust size. There is also a Microman "Micro-sister" body sculpt, which is shorter than the Microman-Lady sculpt and uses a different joint configuration. Not to mention the different paint schemes and base-material color used for the ABS and PVC parts of microman figures. Some are cast in clear plastic, some white, some blue, and just about every color of the rainbow. Might not seem like a big deal, but the coloration of the base figure used counts when customizing figures. If you end up having to paint the joints and other moving parts, you risk having them freezing together when the paint dries. Basically, you risk turning the figure from an articulated figure into a mini-statue.

Ah, I see. I have a bunch of the blanks... I wasn't aware there were names for each different ones. :unsure:

Ah, I see. I have a bunch of the blanks... I wasn't aware there were names for each different ones. :unsure:

It's all cool, >EXO<. ^_^

Unless you're a super-toy/ action figure nerd (like me, I guess) it's hard to keep track of all of the differences.

Yeah, there are TONS of different models. In fact, Takara created a new "main" body-type for the last major-line that they released.. a taller, thinner body-type with a completely different design to the major joints.

Yep, Zira is the vendor to which I refer! I believe she may have had to change her account ID for some buggy eBay/Paypal reason, however.

For Microman reference, the best place is www.microforever.com , although Paul hasn't had much opportunity for major updates since then. Good current linkage is also at my buddy MicroBry's site (provider of the MicroLady Klan information!) at rockettubes.livejournal.com

I don't believe there's anything smaller than MicroSister right now, and I don't believe (although I may be wrong) that MicroSister was added to the Material collection. Takara has stopped development on Microman except for some Time Bokan and Wingman Micro-Action toys. There's rumor from the line manager that there'll be a relaunch sometime in the future, but that will probably require some major re-set in the product line. The current Microman line was more for adult figure collectors. To really expand the line, they'd have to go back to a more popular mainstream incarnation - like the MagnePower Microman line from the early 2ks.

Nice to see another Microman hobbyest here, Wraith! You should consider joining my Microman collector group, or customizer-focused brother-group Generation Micro: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GenerationMicro/