Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

The only possibly chance for Mikhail to survive is if Brera's VF-27 on remote control is nearby and is able to get Mickhail into the cockpit, get the cockpit pressurised and get him to an advanced medical facility immediately.

Graham

...and the advanced medical facility will make him into a cyborg sniper...

Wow... what an episode...

IMO, this chapter definitely screams Southpark:

Ranka-chan: Hey, they've just killed Micheru!!!

Aruto-kun + Klan: You bastards!!!

^_^

Manu

Strangely though, Leon & Grace didn't go after Bilner yet. The SMS is clearly an obstacle at this point, I wonder what crazyness Bilner will pull to get Alto & co out of trouble. Secret Battle Class ship to replace the Quarter? Perhaps the Galaxy Fleet was actually hiding from Grace the whole time, and will pop up to aid the civillians. So many possabilities.

Strangely though, Leon & Grace didn't go after Bilner yet. The SMS is clearly an obstacle at this point, I wonder what crazyness Bilner will pull to get Alto & co out of trouble. Secret Battle Class ship to replace the Quarter? Perhaps the Galaxy Fleet was actually hiding from Grace the whole time, and will pop up to aid the civillians. So many possabilities.

Nah if there would be calvary it would be Ohgathwai and what's left of the 33rd fleet.

For all we know Ohgathwai is a old buddy of Bilrer.

Hi,

From the previous episode, the second stage Varja (I thought it was one of those robotic camera) was happily waving it's antenna and enjoying the Ranka concert in the crowd... no one in the crowd realized that they are not the usual "harmless local fans"... Hmm... I think that's a good reason they should ban all robot and role playing costume in the city... ha ha ha :p

Anyway, poor Klan Klan if Michael is dead... sure will miss him :( But hey, anything can happen in anime... may be he is rescues somehow by something or someone outside as he is suck out to space in the SMS base... don't assume dead unless saw his dead body... but I really don't think he'll survive. As what Michael had mention, as a soldier, you don't know when you'll meet your end... that's an occupational hazard.

By the way, Michael in some way was similar to Roy Focker in Macross and had similar end... died in front of their beloved.

Have a nice day... ok not so nice after this episode.

Nah if there would be calvary it would be Ohgathwai and what's left of the 33rd fleet.

For all we know Ohgathwai is a old buddy of Bilrer.

That's another question that remains unanswered to this date. We know absolutely that his adviser and most (if not all) of his troops were dead for sure since we all saw them eaten up by the dimension eater, but we did NOT see Ogathwai die with our own eyes since it was never shown. What really happened to him?

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

With Mr. Blanc out of the way, this isn't really going to help along with the storytelling. If all the snooping him and Klan-Klan (and there is a possibility that he knows stuff that he hasn't even told her yet) did is going out of the ship the same way the poor man's body does, then wouldn't that be a HUGE waste of plot development?

Unless he somehow left all he knew in some hidden yet accessible to his friends, I find it impossible to discount his return in some form.

actually, even with michel gone and even if klan dies (ouch! wait, don't throw stones yet, i said IF!) the snooping into sheryl's past and origins (or at least her illness) can still continue. got a feeling the gang will discover some mighty interesting things when the gang cleans out michel's locker..

But i think that its very Much Possible that he survives it. If you look at his ears they are pointy suggesting that he is Zentradi or Part zentradi. Just as Ranka when she was sucked in space.

And if you look at the orginal Robotech there is one episode where you see the Zentradi commander injured walking on the outside of his space ship. So that suggest that they don't need spacesuite just that it's just for protection.

That's another question that remains unanswered to this date. We know absolutely that his adviser and most (if not all) of his troops were dead for sure since we all saw them eaten up by the dimension eater, but we did NOT see Ogathwai die with our own eyes since it was never shown. What really happened to him?

Uhh.. The other half of his ship in orbit?

queadol-magdomilla-heavy.jpg

Queadol-Magdomilla class Heavy Module

What we saw vaporized was this!

queadol-magdomilla-descent.jpg

Queadol-Magdomilla class Descent Module

Together they're suppose to look like this!

queadol-magdomilla.gif

GATTAI!

actually, even with michel gone and even if klan dies (ouch! wait, don't throw stones yet, i said IF!) the snooping into sheryl's past and origins (or at least her illness) can still continue. got a feeling the gang will discover some mighty interesting things when the gang cleans out michel's locker..

We know for a fact that the elder folks (Ozma and Cathy) know quite a lot more than they've bothered to show onscreen, but with Michael gone, besides Klan, who else would have the inspiration or the motive? Luca? For all we know he could be part of this mess, though in a not so voluntary manner (i.e. might involve coercion) , and he definitely knows part of the story, though possibly not all.

Alto? Let's hope the possible loss of Michael cures his denseness and gets him curious enough to consult Klan-Klan and try to get to the bottom of things.

Edited by VF-25S Full Armour

ME GODZILLA IS VERY ANGRY! I WILL STOMP AND BREATHE FIRE ON THE HOUSES OF SCRIPTWRITERS AND ALL WHO ARE INVOLVED! THEN I TAKE A RADIOACTIVE DUMP ON THEM. They should have laid off the sauce when writing this episode.

This episode has pissed me off. It was going good when Sheryl bitch slapped Ranka. I have been wanting to see that and I expected it coming. Then Sheryl was singing in the shelter when she was trying to calm everyone down. Michel realizing he does love Klan was classic. Killing Michel? WTF? I REPEAT: WTF!?!?! Wait... for those who missed it: WTF!!! What BS is this?

Oh Michel is dead, that's for sure. Preview in the next episode where micronized Klan hugging Michel's helmet pretty drew the conclusion and finality of Michel's death. I much preferred Luca to buy the farm. Hell half of the SMS staff (if not most) bit the dust. Then again, Michel was the new sempai. Still he shouldnt die. I have to figure out if I want to continue to watch this...

RichterX your avatar scares me ..... :ph34r:

:lol: yeah ! mission accomplish!

in other note, with Michel's untimely demise how will the structure of Skull change, considering that Ozma is now also a fugitive will Alto became the new Skull 2 and Luca Skull leader or viceversa?

But i think that its very Much Possible that he survives it. If you look at his ears they are pointy suggesting that he is Zentradi or Part zentradi. Just as Ranka when she was sucked in space.

And if you look at the orginal Robotech there is one episode where you see the Zentradi commander injured walking on the outside of his space ship. So that suggest that they don't need spacesuite just that it's just for protection.

First, he's Zolan, not Zentradi (according to the novelization).

Second, he didn't just float out into space, he got speared through the chest a few times.

MF has made mincemeat of my speculations before, so I won't say he's definitely dead...but I'm pretty sure he is.

Second, he didn't just float out into space, he got speared through the chest a few times.

Spoiltagged for graphic imagery about what happens to an unprotected wounded body in space (it is technical, but better safe than sorry).

Punctured lung or stomach (either of them would make him cough blood like he did) + exposure to vacuum =

Nasty spill of body fluids and/or guts plus exacerbation of wounds due to fluids escaping through the tears.

Fast massive lose of blood due to the pressure differential between the circulatory system and the environment (usually wouldn't happen, nor your blood would boil, since arteries, veins, and skin make a good job at keeping the pressure in the system even in vacuum, but he had some open serious wounds).

Exposure to vacuum and unshielded unknown radiation burning of now exposed internal organs after falling off cavities through wounds.

You DON'T want to see Michael after he went out of that hole on the wall. Surviving vacuum with an intact body is entirely possible. Surviving vacuum with serious bleeding wounds and the torso open... ain't happening. Unless the VF-27's cockpit doubles as a fully complemented and overstaffed ER room that captured and repressured him the second after the wall closed and he was out of sight, it ain't happening.

He is gone, people. :(

Edited by Lindem Herz

First, he's Zolan, not Zentradi (according to the novelization).

MF has made mincemeat of my speculations before, so I won't say he's definitely dead...but I'm pretty sure he is.

Is that considered canon? He lacks any zolan physical characteristics.

he is definitely not full-blooded human. like I said earlier, given that fact I give him no more than the typical human time for surviving - about 5 minutes. this assumes that he would immediately be getting oxygen thru some form of direct blood infusion, as his lungs would be damaged far beyond any hope of repair at the 3 minute mark. Uninjured I have no idea how long he could survive given his genetics.

Edited by Shaka_Z

I'm finshed with Macross Frontier!!!! Out of all the people they Could have killed, they choose the only REAL man in the group!! Now the only reason I got to watch is Ranka, and given the fact that @#$& Sheryl slapped her ( I sure hope she dies for that!!!) means that she going down and Sheryl is making her return to the top. I have no desire to see Sheryl do a

Minmay number on the Battle 25; if Ranka is not going to pull this off ALONE, then I perfer not to see a duet which is apparently what the writers have in mind! :angry:

P.S. I got a bad feeling about Nasase! :unsure:

Is that considered canon? He lacks any zolan physical characteristics.

Well...it's in the novelization. Whether that's canonical or not is anyone's guess at this point. It seems fishy to me, but maybe there are more human-like Zolans living on another part of their planet...? Maybe...?

ME GODZILLA IS VERY ANGRY! I WILL STOMP AND BREATHE FIRE ON THE HOUSES OF SCRIPTWRITERS AND ALL WHO ARE INVOLVED! THEN I TAKE A RADIOACTIVE DUMP ON THEM. They should have laid off the sauce when writing this episode.

This episode has pissed me off. It was going good when Sheryl bitch slapped Ranka. I have been wanting to see that and I expected it coming. Then Sheryl was singing in the shelter when she was trying to calm everyone down. Michel realizing he does love Klan was classic. Killing Michel? WTF? I REPEAT: WTF!?!?! Wait... for those who missed it: WTF!!! What BS is this?

Oh Michel is dead, that's for sure. Preview in the next episode where micronized Klan hugging Michel's helmet pretty drew the conclusion and finality of Michel's death. I much preferred Luca to buy the farm. Hell half of the SMS staff (if not most) bit the dust. Then again, Michel was the new sempai. Still he shouldnt die. I have to figure out if I want to continue to watch this...

Well now...going by the Five Stages of Grief, looks like some of us are up to the "Anger" stage, while others are still at "Denial," and still others are in "Depression." I haven't seen "Bargaining" yet, so I guess it'll have to be me:

Please, Mr. Kawamori...if you bring Michael back to life, I'll buy EVERY Macross Frontier DVD, toy, model, and CD! Pretty please...?

There. Bargaining stage done with. Can we move on to "Acceptance" yet? :p

Everyone that's saber rattling at Kawamori: admit it, he did it beautifully. There doesn't appear to be many people who saw the episode that didn't, at the least, choke up. But face the facts, as Lindem posted already; he was already mortally wounded, and being blown into space not only removed any doubt but robbed Alto of any possibility of saving him, wrenching our hearts again.

Kawamori is a genius.

Michael is gone, friends.

/pours a 40 onto the sidewalk

This one's for you, homie..

Rest in peace, dude.

There is no way in hell Michael survived; and frankly I wouldn't want him to.

Kawamori would be one twisted f*ck to bring Michael back as a mostly-cyborg zombie courtesy of Grace and Co.

It would make a mockery of his life.

God, that would be so twisted, and make Klan destroy her zombified former love in battle! #_#

Or worse yet, Vajra infested Michael! >_<

Guys, we've lost a friend, and sure we've all had to cope, but let's accept that he's gone.

I wouldn't want to see a Michael zombie by either Vajra or Grace and Co.. Perhaps the most we should see of him (if we ever see him again) is him at a closed-casket funeral or the silhouette of an EX-gear floating in space.

Assuming the rest of our heroes fight through this particular battle successfully.

I was just sad at first, I accepted it long ago because the scene was great and the death was heroic. I honor him with the avatar as well. Pretty much I'm not upset about it but I am just proud of how Kawamori had him go out.

I was just sad at first, I accepted it long ago because the scene was great and the death was heroic. I honor him with the avatar as well. Pretty much I'm not upset about it but I am just proud of how Kawamori had him go out.

Spoken like a true man in denial. :D

I still think he should've gone down in his Valkyrie. A pilot should either go in the cockpit or peaceful as an old man* not on the ground slinging a rifle like a grunt.

Moving on to the acceptance stage: So, eh, Klan's single now. :unsure:

*Though the two should not be combined. As in: "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not yelling and screaming like his passengers in the back."

Really not getting the reaction here... Sure, he was a great character, but all the signs that he was going to die have been there for a few episodes now (at least the previous episode, if not earlier), so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

And why shouldn't a likable character be killed off? If there's no sense of danger for the characters, then it's just boring, and has no meaning.

And if you're going to kill a character off, at least he got a great send off.

So... absolutely no complaints about the episode, and it's still a great series. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Spoken like a true man in denial. :D

This coming from the man who completely forgot Misa when Klan entered his life and won't accept it despite everyone constantly reminding him.

Also, Klan isn't single, she came running to me after Michel's death, :p .