Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

Makes me wonder if Leon and GraceChan are going to pull a Wilbur Garland Macross 13 on Earth backed up by the Vajra hoards.

Using Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy.

That seems a bit small-minded for Grace. Who cares about

Earth when there's apparently some fantastic mystery about the center of the galaxy

?

sure zentradi have better space vacuum resistance, but there's the issue of oxygen supply. Mikhail was only in EX-Gear, not a full pilot suit. If a person was to save him, that person would need to be pretty close in order to reach him. Now another problem that would affect him would be the wounds he suffered. I have no idea of the details, but getting stabbed in the chest doesn't help his chances of survival.

One way I see Mikhail surviving is that if SMS, NUNS or Brera's VF-27 is equiped with one of the anti-vacuum ejection bubbles used by the Galaxy Patrol.

That's how Basara survived Whale singing.

What redwolf said. That's what i was thinking.

Brera might have those anti-vacuum bubble goo. And as long as the impalement misses vital organs, his chances of survival are pretty high as long as there's no excessive blood loss. However like i said this might be a good plot device for him to be given a blue VF-27 and fight alongside RAGING KLAN.

I keep rewatching the episode. It was so awesome, though it hurts watching Michel's death scene. He went out in a blaze of glory saving the woman he loved.

Out of all the deaths in all of the Macross series, I think Michel's is the hardest punch to the gut in the way it was pulled off. He died to protect Klan Klan, and was able to tell her that he loved her just before he was torn out of her life.

Roy was a damned hard blow, and unexpected, but it wasn't the same type of death. Guld's hurt to watch, but it didn't have the same attachment or feeling behind it, his was atonement. Kinryu was a throw away character, and Physica was a redshirt with a name that got deathflagged in the episode he was killed. Nora and DD got owned hard and they weren't heroes. Aries' death sucked, but was foreseeable as Roy had to hook up with Claudia. Shin, we're not even sure if he's dead (I'm in the camp that he did fly off into space with the VF-0).

I love the way that this series is turning so dark, which they established in episode 1 with Gilliam's death. I don't like that they killed of Michel (I really don't think he's coming back, especially with the focus on the one sparkle floating away like Guld, and the focus on his broken glasses at the end of the credits).

The sniper's blood dripping on the girl was a nice touch, as was his torso dropping down at her. It kind of also forshadowed Michel's death.

Well, just going on the main spoiler, in hindsight the flags were apparent in the last episode:

Michael laid it on really thick about how useless he was and basically finally was able to push Alto along in the triangler with Klan's help. He also reassures Luca that he's not alone. After all that, he's no longer useful as a plot device as he currently existed. So, there were two options: develop him into something more over the course of the series or kill him off to develop everyone else. Given the lack of development he received early on there just wasn't enough substance to justify continuing on with him. He was simply a one-dimensional cool womanizer; the sister backstory only served to explain why he became a sharpshooter, which really wasn't all that important, and nothing really much else.

Klan however extended her lifeline by becoming a micronized research wunderkind in the lastest episodes and by way of Michael by default. After revealing a new side to her, they weren't simply going to dump that story investment. Michael, however, got nothing new these past few episodes, so his survival plunged quite a bit.

...And that ends my emotionally disconnected analysis as I haven't even seen the episode, yet.

I know I keep saying this (frontier is that good) but DAMN! this is by far the best episode so far, and pretty much one of the most exciting episodes in the whole franchise.

I guess it was inevitable for Mikhail to eat pineapple salad in the end instead of Ozma, he sure was a womanizer and certainly more of a sempai figure to Alto than Ozma ever could be, he would've been perfect if only he was old enough to be a wise likable drunk like Roy was. I'm glad he went in such an heroic way, to bad he died a pedophile(Poor Klan, she never got to share her ''feelings'' in her adult form - those bugs have no idea of the consequences of depriving a Meltran of her well deserved ''culture'' HA FOOLS!)

Anyway, I'm really glad Frontier has gotten this far with so many successful episodes, this one in particular had very good production values, wasn't expecting that at all. Good to see new Vajra evolutionary stages, I'm eager too see what's the next step. I just realized something :

Ai-kun Killed Mikhail OMG!!!

Edited by Aegis!

(I really don't think he's coming back, especially with the focus on the one sparkle floating away like Guld, and the focus on his broken glasses at the end of the credits).

agreed after watching that scene again I thought it was a nice throwback to Guld with the sparkle in space, nice touch indeed. although as we've all said so many times. heartwrenchingly sad

Ok, I watched it and I read everything in this forum.

Damn.... That was the best episode in the entire show, and there was barely any mecha action from the main characters.. but that doesn't matter.

Rest in Peace Michael Blanc, I salute you for dying a hero for the one you love.

And that's all I'm going to say about that. Truly an amazing scene, my hat is off to you Mr. Kawamori.

I hate Leon so much right now, all that s**t is happening suddenly and he still goes ahead with killing Glass. I hope he died justly.

As for Klan, she deserves her retribution. The Vajra don't know what they've done.

Hell hath no fury than that of a Meltran's scorn.

Additional Note:

As much as we want, the man is dead guys. He got stabbed through the chest and sucked into space with no pressure suit or anything. If he were to survive now it would be cheap and would desensitize everything his death means. We would look back on the scene and be like "It hurt then but he just magically lived so it is no big deal." A scene like that shouldn't be brought down to such lengths. No that was a heroic death and only works as such. If he had any chance of surviving then that scene would not have been nearly as good as it was, nor as saddening.

Edited by Master Dex

That seems a bit small-minded for Grace. Who cares about

Earth when there's apparently some fantastic mystery about the center of the galaxy

?

As seen in the news thread,

the official word is that Grace chose Frontier because of its route... right into the galactic center... (there's something awaiting there...).

I wish the destroids are armed with bug sprayer :huh:

Actually the destroids does a good job defending Frontier, the problem is it got outnumbered 1 to 100.

Let us all accept that Michel is dead, no plot reviving or whatsoever. BTW, the dead pixie girl, is that Raramia (again?). If it is, poor girl, just finished with her cloning process, take a few step to get some fresh air only to encounter a Big Zam

:mellow:

I just remembered and want to note that this episode did end on a sad note, but nothing was resolved. Next episode will be directly continuing and will most likely have a lot of action, as well as

one pissed off Meltran.

I just remembered and want to note that this episode did end on a sad note, but nothing was resolved. Next episode will be directly continuing and will most likely have a lot of action, as well as

one pissed off Meltran.

Agreed. And I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that. :)

Edited by Mr March

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Macross/...0Large%2017.jpg

I will not accept his death yet. Kawamori has rick rolled us on deaths before (more than one occason and one series too) and he can do it again. Stop with the negativity guys.

:angry:

Besides the image above has to happen 1s. Btw just realised the zentran markings on the Q-rae. Don't think they were there before.

Edited by wolfx

I will not accept his death yet. Kawamori has rick rolled us on deaths before (more than one occason and one series too) and he can do it again. Stop with the negativity guys.

Besides the image above has to happen 1s. Btw just realised the zentran markings on the Q-rae. Don't think they were there before.

That image could have happened off camera easily.

It isn't being negative, at least not for me. I think it would put the character and the plot to shame is

he just suddenly showed up and was fine after a scene like that

. So in a way I am thinking positively. You need to be able to accept it and know that

he died for the best reason anyone could have for sacrificing themselves

I salute Michael for fighting to the end.

Sorry man, but that would be just cheap and kill the already fantastic drama created so far... If u are right, then this series will go down the drain really bad... :unsure:

Let us all accept that Michel is dead, no plot reviving or whatsoever. BTW, the dead pixie girl, is that Raramia (again?). If it is, poor girl, just finished with her cloning process, take a few step to get some fresh air only to encounter a Big Zam

:mellow:

Err... Raramia has been dead since episode 14 dude... What u saw

was her dead replacement (and she did look a lot like the original).

:rolleyes:

How many of us cried?

My eyes is still sore red after 2 hour from watching that scene. Especially with Sheryl singing that song in the background...

doubling up the effect.

Well... I already became pretty sad since episode 13 and the destruction of the 33th... So

Michael's death wasn't that terrible to me...

Now u all know how I felt back then... <_<

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Well if he survives...

He'll like be a physically disabled for life. That a hard wound to recover from. Not to mention that lack of air will kill some brain cells. He'll be a vegetable. Maybe they will put him in an iron lung that looks like a giant carrot.

Hmm what could they do with a giant carrot?

Well if he survives...

He'll like be a physically disabled for life. That a hard wound to recover from. Not to mention that lack of air will kill some brain cells. He'll be a vegetable. Maybe they will put him in an iron lung that looks like a giant carrot.

I'd answer that in great detail, but I don't want a perma-ban! :lol:

-Kyp

Deal with it, Michael is dead, and nothing short of major interference with the space-time continuum via time travel is going to bring him back. The End.

Yes, it sucks, but there it is.

-Kyp

Or plot armour. :rolleyes:

Its not that inconceivable....this is Kawamori.

Well if he survives...

Galaxy. Cybernetics. Nuff said.

At any rate, he'd better stay dead. You don't build a scene like that and then sabotage the dramatic payoff by bringing him back. If he comes back, this episode will instantly bounce from best ever to worst ever.

Well there was ozma......and it was still dramatic.

How many of us cried?

My eyes is still sore red after 2 hour from watching that scene. Especially with Sheryl singing that song in the background...

doubling up the effect.

I had tears.

It was done very, very well.

How many of us cried?

doubling up the effect.

I haven't even seen the episode but I clicked a pic that had a spoiler in it

Titled 'year of the dead snipers'

I did go "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" out loud

Edited by openget

Sorry man, but that would be just cheap and kill the already fantastic drama created so far... If u are right, then this series will go down the drain really bad... :unsure:

Don't agree. I think it'll be more awesome.

Their reunion will be equally as tear-jerking and even adds more drama.

"Max x Miria-like" synchronised pwning of Vajra, makes fans get wet dreams.

Possiblity of selling Michel-type VF-27 toy is good for Bandai. Fans will snap em up as well.

I'm sorry guys. I'm still positive about it. In the immortal words of Rick Hunter Astley,

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down."

You all can be stuck in your false mourning for a week or two. After all the reports of our deaths are greatly exagerrated.

I haven't even seen the episode but I clicked a pic that had a spoiler in it

Titled 'year of the dead snipers'

I did go "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" out loud

Gundam 00, Blassreiter...Ma...

One died for his bro, another dies for his team, and the last...

dies for his love

Edited by RedWolf