Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

This episode was very good despite having a sad end. Though I hoped for the entire cast to survive it was too much ask especially in Macross. I noticed that the art and animation were higher quality than the recent the episodes and the sequence of events were well directed.

Anyway, I really feel sorry for Klan now. And judging by next episodes preview she may have snapped from the loss of Michel and go into a blind fury against the Vajra.

This episode was very good despite having a sad end. Though I hoped for the entire cast to survive it was too much ask especially in Macross. I noticed that the art and animation were higher quality than the recent the episodes and the sequence of events were well directed.

Anyway, I really feel sorry for Klan now. And judging by next episodes preview she may have snapped from the loss of Michel and go into a blind fury against the Vajra.

Meaning she might be a Kakizaki...

- ON GOING POST -

DAMN!!! 4 minutes and 4 deads.... this looks REALLY as a pineapple salad buffet

Ranka is worthless in controlling the Vajra in her current state.

Fool kid. She never realized Alto's true feelings.

BITCH SLAPPING!!!! HELL YEAH!!!! Now, that itself makes this ep a winner for me :p

While Ranka is singing, it seems the Vajra are even more viscious. That kinda sucks. O_O

Hey!, I never thought there were soo many cocoons in the ship. That's like a whole Vajra air wing. :o

Hmmm... so Leon still has a portion of the army/NUNS on his side.

Vajra reinforcements!!!! DAAAAMN!!!

Detroids doing their usual job: shoot countless rounds and dying few seconds later.

Ranka still believes Alto loves her, and not realizing he's just protecting her. =/

Huh? Did Grace already betrayed Brera? Nice remote controlling there.

Oops... Cathy found Glass' body... too bad for her.

Loli action... O_O Klan can certainly run when it's needed.

The people complaining about Ranka not doing her job? Talk about ungrateful bastards.

Sheryl singing FTW! The girl's got balls! If she ends up alone instead of getting Alto, it will definitely be a disappointing ending.

Wow.... Leon sure did a mess while killing President Glass.

DAMN!! Distracting tactics.... Michel sure did put up a fight to defend Klan...

Michelk's dead.... REALLY dead..... Poor Klan.... and poor of anyone standing in her way next ep

WOW.... my..... what an episode... AND WHAT AN ENDING....

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

This episode and the following one are directed by Kawamori (with another guy, Kikuchi I think) :ph34r:

They cannot not be good :ph34r:

I especially like how they saved president Glass and then killed him later

:ph34r:

Next episode, we will get the fury of Klan :ph34r: and also VF-27 action (didn't appear in the preview, but we know it's there).

Pretty dark turn for the series. With the 21 it also ends the third arc, so there must be some kind of bang. Can't wait for the next week.

FV

Ok.....here's hoping:

1.) The Klan X Michel eyecatches are actually a positive sign that all is well with Michel somehow....please....we have not have our Miria x Max homage to Macross yet....right? Its sure to happen when both of them fight alongside each other right? Please? Brera launched after all....he probably saved him right? there's a chance right? ARGH.

2.) Ranka's negative feelings made the Vajra turned extra violent than usual instead of confusing them. It would seem she subconciously controls them and doesn't know this yet.

3.) Remote control of the VF-27 was really cool....Brera can do anything.

4.) GORE IN MY MACROSS....finally?

5.) Ranka ending seems more apparent now.

- ON GOING POST -

Huh? Did Grace already betrayed Brera? Nice remote controlling there.

It seemed like

she just pulled his leash... Brera has always worked for Grace. Speaking of betrayal... it seems Leon is starting to see how Grace is using him too, judging by his reaction during the phone call with her...

The

dead S.M.S. lady at the Miclonization chamber entry was one of Michael's former lovers?

It seemed to me that way...

I wonder

what is gonna happen to Cathy and Ozma now? Will they seek refuge in S.M.S. or simply hide in Frontier's basement?

I pity 'da foo who gets in klan's way next ep

hopefully... michael left a little something for her to use if she survives later - for making little michaels...

but yeah... something tells me from watching this ep that:

the best Ranka could ever hope to manage the way she is now is to lessen the ferocity of or distract the vajra from their rampage. the vajra responded to her

instantly when her emotional state changed, and only became more focused on finding her once she started singing - it was literally like bees to honey. unless and until she recovers the ability to communicate with them on more than a merely empathic level like she could when she and brera were kids, that is not going to change.

I hereby claim ownership of the 5th page.

Edited by Shaka_Z

It seemed like

she just pulled his leash... Brera has always worked for Grace. Speaking of betrayal... it seems Leon is starting to see how Grace is using him too, judging by his reaction during the phone call with her...

The

dead S.M.S. lady at the Miclonization chamber entry was one of Michael's former lovers?

I wonder

what is gonna happen to Cathy and Ozma now? Will they seek refuge in S.M.S. or simply hide in Frontier's basement?

Yup, it seems Leon has realized he's close to ending his usefulness, and all that comes with it. And regarding Brera... dunno.... will need subs or at least a general idea of what they said to each other from someone who understands the language.

:mellow:

Was also wondering about the dead girl in Michel's arms myself, but everything was happening so fast that I didn't pay much attention to it. :wacko:

It seemed like

maybe... will have to wait for translation.

The

nope...

the other pixie - and if I heard that right, michael was lamenting that he hadnt had a chance to take her out...

I wonder

oh...

they are going after Leon hard-core now... they are on battle frontier after all

This episode just surpassed First Attack as my favorite episode.

I agree. And I believe the rest of the episodes will be just as awesome or more than this one... We're at last going all the way downhill in Mr. Kawamori's rollercoaster ride... ^_^

Can't wait for next week!!!! :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I wonder

Those 2 aren't the type to hide... I mean look at them, the managed to figure out Leon's plan and confronted him head on. After Cathy gets past all the emotion of her father dying, I'm sure she'll destroy Leon

Those 2 aren't the type to hide... I mean look at them, the managed to figure out Leon's plan and confronted him head on. After Cathy gets past all the emotion of her father dying, I'm sure she'll destroy Leon

Easier said than done... specially since

Leon is practically in control of

Frontier NUNS now

not to mention,

Leon had the upper hand on Glass, and was able to set a trap - he won't have that advantage against ozma and cathy

still though this ep makes me seriously wonder what the hell LAI was thinking when they designed the ex-gear. it provides absolutely NO protection for the user's abdominals and thighs. granted, it was probably never intended to be more than a control interface and survival system for downed pilots... certainly not a frontline infantry combat suit.

Edited by Shaka_Z

Sorry, I meant that's where I think the plot's headed that way and one of the reasons why

Or it could happen like in DYRL!!!

I liked to dl the raw, the subs releases always leave out the comercial breaks. What was that realistic CG of the white robot?? I can't read japanese.

nope...

the other pixie - and if I heard that right, michael was lamenting that he hadnt had a chance to take her out...

Oh...

Raramia's replacement? (who in fact looked a lot like her...)

Dammit... They'll have to get another one now... :unsure:

Btw...

Did the Vajra that sliced the sniper in half used its tongue?

:ph34r:

And

Ai-Kun? Where could he be now?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

who cares

the subs will be out tomorrow

According to whose source?

God, I hate GG subs for their stupid MKV file format.

They don't work well on my comp... :( it's like streaming but worse.

Thanks to GG for speedsubbing tho, but please switch formats.

I can't wait to know wtf it was Ranka was blubbering about, I think I caught "I don't want to sing!! I don't want to sing for ANYONE!"

and then she got bitchslapped.

I want to know wtf Grace was saying to Brera, too.

Hi all first time I've had a moment to post and what a way to start. Have to dedicate my avatar to the hopeful @$$whipping revenge I want to see KlanKlan bring to well anything and everything.

Excellent episode all the way through. Loved the way the end played out with Sheryl singing and the fight to protect Klan. Even though I think we all knew people had to start dropping off it gets me everytime I rewatch what happened to Michel. It was just heartwrenching. I just wish he could have lasted a few episodes at least after he and Klan finally confessed but >_< dammit

Glad to see Sheryl stepping up to the plate as well and all this while ignoring whats going on with herself. Really shows her personality and is a big part of what I like about her.

Definitely wish we could time warp a week ahead I'm already dying for the next ep!

That may be true, but how many pilots in nuns can stop Ozma ?

had to second this because honestly from episode 1 on everytime we see the NUNS pilots they are basically pissing their pants. Makes you wonder what kind of recruitment they have. The only time they did act cocky was when they had the ability to fight back in Ep 14 but then as soon as those rounds became ineffective they were right back to "what!?" "nooo" "why!?!??!?!" haha I mean seriously the poor guys are cannon fodder to a T

had to second this because honestly from episode 1 on everytime we see the NUNS pilots they are basically pissing their pants. Makes you wonder what kind of recruitment they have. The only time they did act cocky was when they had the ability to fight back in Ep 14 but then as soon as those rounds became ineffective they were right back to "what!?" "nooo" "why!?!??!?!" haha I mean seriously the poor guys are cannon fodder to a T

as well, ozma was able to fight hand-to-hand against brera down in the sewers (a confined area) AND it was pitch black. the only possible way that he would die by the hands of a nuns officer is in his sleep, and even that i doubt is that easy.

as well, ozma was able to fight hand-to-hand against brera down in the sewers (a confined area) AND it was pitch black. the only possible way that he would die by the hands of a nuns officer is in his sleep, and even that i doubt is that easy.

I'm pretty sure Brera was holding back, perhaps because he recognizes Ozma somewhat (subconsciously of course) or maybe just out of respect for Ranka's protector. Of course I could be wrong. And regardless what he did was still impressive.

Man, when Micheal bought it I was sad, but at the same time I was screaming "VALHALLA!!".

It is a good death, full of manliness and awesome.

It's not going to happen for a few more episodes but when it does you know payback is going to be glorious and Leon and his stupid hair is going to take full brunt of it.

I can't wait for the next episode now....

I'm pretty sure Brera was holding back, perhaps because he recognizes Ozma somewhat (subconsciously of course) or maybe just out of respect for Ranka's protector. Of course I could be wrong. And regardless what he did was still impressive.

Exactly, mind that after the fight Brera bent a knife with his hand. He was clearly holding back, but Ozma is still impressive for catching his fist in the dark.

FV