Rank your Macross pilots

dreamweaver13

I'd have to agree shin shouldn't even be in the top pilot rankings, but then again he was in a position just like roy, never even seen a VF before, so it's natural that even if he is a hot shot with jet fighters, piloting a valkyrie was way over his head, and he only just got to grips with it near the end. I guess i have to cut him some slack since roy help test pilot the 0 and ivanov and nora both tested the sv's, the only airtime that shin got with the 0 is the time we saw him fly.

If he had gotten better during the short zero stint, he would have had a montage, because you know, even rocky had a montage....... (always fade out in montage.....)

Edited by seph_88

Shin Kudo needs to be placed near the bottom no matter what, as he got shot down every single time he flew in Zero.

Alto is Better than Shin

Easily one of my funniest videos :)

Btw, the subs are there on purpose. As much as I hate subs in an AMV, they fit perfectly with what I was doing there.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

... Besides the Holy Froating Head had already declared that Max is indeed in a different class than anyone else, so trying to argue that Max is lousier than Hikaru is probably getting you to nowhere.

After all, how can fight someone whose surname is Jenius? :p

Almost like a... *cough newtype cough*

:lol:

In my book, Max pwn3s all. I mean, he got the ultimate Meltran hottie, right? Max + Millia = end of universe. Millia is good, but joining teams with Max would make them an unstoppable force of nature.

It's too bad their youngest daughter sucked in a fighter. I guess all the good genes went to the older girls ^_^

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Almost like a... *cough newtype cough*

:lol:

In my book, Max pwn3s all. I mean, he got the ultimate Meltran hottie, right? Max + Millia = end of universe. Millia is good, but joining teams with Max would make them an unstoppable force of nature.

It's too bad their youngest daughter sucked in a fighter. I guess all the good genes went to the older girls ^_^

Vostok 7

And the famous quote comes once more: "Ooh! Is that a MAXL?" :p

Shin Kudo needs to be placed near the bottom no matter what, as he got shot down every single time he flew in Zero.

Shin can not be compared with the rest of the valk pilots, he is a total newbie to a VF unlike the rest of the main cast. Shin is a top ace using the conventional fighter (F-14) but he cannot adapt fast enough for high-speed mecha combat.

Unlike certain pilots from Gundam, when using a new prototype unit and used it in combat for the first time, there's a chance of 99.99% it will get trashed.

Well...yeah, but bear in mind that this poll started well before the series ended, and thus all of the ranking was done before that episode aired. By the time the series ended, we had more or less moved on to other things, like making up "clues" that showed which girl Alto liked more. :p

What do you mean "clues"? who needs "clues"? it's SO obvious that at the end he chose __[enter your preference here]___! HELLO?! :rolleyes:

I do, a little! It's been awhile though.

Vostok 7

I can't remember the Darth Vader line, for the life of me...

What do you mean "clues"? who needs "clues"? it's SO obvious that at the end he chose __[enter your preference here]___! HELLO?! :rolleyes:

In the end he didn't choose. Everyone joined his harem, including Nanase, Klan, Raramia, and pretty much every female character except Cathy!

:lol: Talk about taking things out of context. :D

My specialty!

1. Max

2. Millia

3. Roy

4. Isamu

5. Ozma

6. Hikaru

7. Alto

8. Guld

9. Nekki

10. Kakizaki

Roy dies saving his friends so he is a LEGEND. Max and Millia are IT! Isamu has all the moves. Kakizaki was cannon fodder, and Nekki played a damn guitar... what an a-hole!

Edited by Skullsixx

Roy dies saving his friends so he is a LEGEND. Max and Millia are IT! Isamu has all the moves. Kakizaki was cannon fodder, and Nekki played a damn guitar... what an a-hole!

Wait, let's clarify.

Playing a guitar = Cool

Playing a guitar to fly a Valkyrie = Totally uncool

Vostok 7

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Macross F pilots also wear suits that make piloting easier for them? in a sence they are getting enhanced thus making them better pilots as well? Similar argument about Brea and his implants, except that thier mods are suits opposed to implants, for that IMO all Macross F pilots should be bumped down a notched. (Except Ozma because we all know he's good =p)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Macross F pilots also wear suits that make piloting easier for them? in a sence they are getting enhanced thus making them better pilots as well? Similar argument about Brea and his implants, except that thier mods are suits opposed to implants, for that IMO all Macross F pilots should be bumped down a notched. (Except Ozma because we all know he's good =p)

That still doesn't take away from Nekki being a putz. Ha-ha!

But if Max is #1, and Max says Basara is almost as good as he is... doesn't that make Basara an elite due to expert testimony?

*throws some more fuel on the fire*

Guld should be lowered on similar grounds.

I demand Kawamori do a non-canon cross-temporal free-for-all. Macross: Arena would be the BEST OVA EVER.

YES! and add Disney characters! Kindgdom Aces! :p

That's why Guld was #8 on my list as a civilian pilot in a fighter that responds to his thoughts. Macross Arena would RULE!!! I would hope it would actually come out for the PC too. I gave up on consoles after I started playing FPS games online with the PC.

YES! and add Disney characters! Kindgdom Aces! :p

yes, yes, make this, NOW!

as for pilots:

1. max
  2. Millia
  3. Roy
  4. Ozma
  5. Isamu
  6. Alto
  7. Hikaru
  8. Guld
  9. Michel
  10. Kakizaki
  11. Luca

and Basra gets automatically disqualified for operating a valk with a guitar hero controller.

and Basra gets automatically disqualified for operating a valk with a guitar hero controller.

and i can't believe this is the first time i actually realized it:

they can actually produce the first-ever true Macross 7 game, on Wii.

Pilot your Valkyrie across hordes of enemies, using your guitar controller. wow. :wacko: I guess Kawamori wasn't completely off his rocker when he dreamed up Basara and his custom-valk. :p

and i can't believe this is the first time i actually realized it:

they can actually produce the first-ever true Macross 7 game, on Wii.

Pilot your Valkyrie across hordes of enemies, using your guitar controller. wow. :wacko: I guess Kawamori wasn't completely off his rocker when he dreamed up Basara and his custom-valk. :p

Yes. It will be like Rock Band with the addition of motion sensor to dodge enemy fire. Lol.

Yes. It will be like Rock Band with the addition of motion sensor to dodge enemy fire. Lol.

And instead of hitting a "start button" to start the game, you have to scream "LISTEN TO MY SONG!!!!!! FIAAA BOMBAAAAA!!" into the microphone!

Vostok 7

I really liked Hikaru. Even though he was the series lead he wasn't the absolute ace pilot and he got shot down or blasted on a pretty regular basis. Gotta love that.

Taksraven

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Macross F pilots also wear suits that make piloting easier for them? in a sence they are getting enhanced thus making them better pilots as well? Similar argument about Breast and his implants, except that thier mods are suits opposed to implants, for that IMO all Macross F pilots should be bumped down a notched. (Except Ozma because we all know he's good =p)

Corrected :lol:

Macross Arena sounds epic.