Gosu Kai?

Phyrox

Have had this on my HD for quite awhile, and have seen it on a few web-sites since then.

Does anyone know who did it? Where is it originally from? Is there more to it? Just curious.

I rarely like fan-redesigns (as I am assuming this is), but this beats the original Gosu right out.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

BTW- The "illustrated by" characters are confusing also. The first two don't look like Kanji to me (which I can't read anyway), but they don't fit for any of the Kana I know either.

post-26-1067671976_thumb.jpg

I believe this drawing came within a liner note booklet for the DVD re-release of the Mospeada series in Japan. A nifty Tread (Beta Fighter) redesign was done as well. I'll try to dig up some pics....

EDIT;

Found it. The Armoured (liked it needs it) Tread;

ArmoredTread_DVD6bc.jpg

Edited by Barpharanges

Well.. you could search for the name of the illustrator. You can read it multiple ways, though...

I'd wager on Ogawa Hiro, though. You can also read Ogawa as Koga or Kogawa, and Hiro as Gou....

Your crazy DNA! I would absolutely die for a toy of that Armored Tread!! The Tread was alwyas my favorite giant robot from the Mospeada series (I think i prefer the awesome ride armors over all), and this is just frikkin WIKKID. If Stick Bernard had one of these honnies at his disposal the entirety of the Inbid (its inbid! isnt it? in Mospeada?) would have had the crud kicked out of them instantly. LOL. This is the most bad ass awesome design I've seen in a VERY long time.

-BEN-MAN-

Its a small world after all!

I saved the pics from a very nice webpage called The Genesis Climber MOSPEADA Universe. Its address was;

http://3dgamedev.com/robotech/Research/Mos...a/Mospeada.html , but don't bother clicking the link, as it is no longer there. Lots of neat stuff, like this tiny pic;

TreadBombBay_DVD2p30.jpg

Wish it was bigger, but it finally shows the interior bomb bay of the damn Tread...