Color my valkgirls!

bake_art

Man, some of you put what I have posted to shame. :( Although my Miss Thunderbolt is a little better because you can see her arms and feet and she's got more skin showing too and I think my Miss Low Vis looks better. :p

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, what the heck...

I've been learning photoshop and am starting to learn the basics, I was planning to color all the valkgirls and suprise everyone with a wallpaper or something, but I want your guy's opinions on the ones I've done so far (I'm worried whether the shading looks weird or not)

post-5-1069782050_thumb.jpg

Edited by bake_art

I like both. In fact, I really like this particular valkgirl piece so much I trip myself over to color it when you ask for the Low-Vis Scheme. :lol:

I know it's a little late, but I made another line art master of your valkgirl, the last time I colored her. So I hope you can make good use of it now that it's sharper and have more "canvas" space for you to airbrush in Photoshop.

Da Huge Valkgirl line art!!!

I really like this particular valkgirl piece so much I trip myself over to color it when you ask for the Low-Vis Scheme. :lol:

and that I thank you for *bows* :lol:

I know it's a little late, but I made another line art master of your valkgirl, the last time I colored her. So I hope you can make good use of it now that it's sharper and have more "canvas" space for you to airbrush in Photoshop.

Da Huge Valkgirl line art!!!

airbrush? for the two pics I just used a combination of the pen tool and paintbucket tool (trying to draw straight lines with the mouse nearly drove me insane) There's probably better ways of doing this, so hopefully I'll pick up something useful soon. (if you can share anything with I'd really appreciate it :wub:)

Hey guys, I'm glad you're enjoying the line-art.

I reconstructed (redrew) the lineart by tracing bake_art's original scan, in CorelDRAW, then, I exported the line-art in a bigger scale.

If you're more familiar with Adobe Illustrator, you can also use that to make the sharp and crisp line-arts as well.

Both CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator are vector softwares. You can also use Macromedia Freehand for the line-art and stuff.

Once you're done constructing the line art, you can export the line-art into Photoshop as .tiff or .jpeg files, or as Illustrator paths for your coloring work.

Hope this helps!

airbrush? for the two pics I just used a combination of the pen tool and paintbucket tool (trying to draw straight lines with the mouse nearly drove me insane) There's probably better ways of doing this, so hopefully I'll pick up something useful soon. (if you can share anything with I'd really appreciate it :wub:)

My colorings are all done in CorelDRAW 9 as I'm not very good with Photoshop. So I'm really using the mouse too, which used to drive me insane. But trust me, as you get a better handle of the software you're using, that hassle becomes nothing.

I've also tried using the Wacom Tablet to color stuff in Photoshop and CorelDRAW, but it's really nothing extraordinary that a good mouse couldn't handle imo - It's also so much more expensive compared to a good mouse, and there is a learning curve that you gotta master, on top of scratching your head with learning the software already.

Btw, the airbrush feature is available in Photoshop. With the right color, pressure, masking and the multiple layers, you can make smooth coloring magic with it!

Good luck!

My colorings are all done in CorelDRAW 9 as I'm not very good with Photoshop. So I'm really using the mouse too, which used to drive me insane. But trust me, as you get a better handle of the software you're using, that hassle becomes nothing.

yep, that's probably because we would have gone too insane to care :p:D

Btw, the airbrush feature is available in Photoshop. With the right color, pressure, masking and the multiple layers, you can make smooth coloring magic with it!

yeah, I'm hoping to be able to make the kind of effects like the ones you've achieved with your angel valk. Unfortunately for me my photoshop teacher is not worth the money I put in :angry:

Btw Bob, that's a nice pussy(cat) you've got there :p

Hey I've been meaning to do a step by step tutorial, kind of a how I draw 'em thingee... Although I'm not sure how it would benefit you guys - since not many of you use CorelDRAW here... maybe you can lift some ideas off the steps, and you can use the methods in the softwares that you use!

Interested? It will take a few days for me to put complete my day job assignments and dissect my Angel valk to make the tutorial. Let me know!

Hey I've been meaning to do a step by step tutorial, kind of a how I draw 'em thingee... Although I'm not sure how it would benefit you guys - since not many of you use CorelDRAW here... maybe you can lift some ideas off the steps, and you can use the methods in the softwares that you use!

Interested? It will take a few days for me to put complete my day job assignments and dissect my Angel valk to make the tutorial. Let me know!

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!

put me down, I'm interested :)

Edited by bake_art

http://nuclearstomach.bigpolley.com/images...sic/vgcolor.jpg

Not my best coloring work, but I guess it looks good.

Edit: Whoops, left a few parts uncolored...Oh well, I'll get on it another day.

Jeez, I like totally missed seeing that pic :lol:

that's a pretty kick-ass coloring scheme, Terrence, I might borrow that color scheme for some of my future valkgirls (if you don't mind, that is) B))