Yamato 1/60 VF-0S w/ booster

KOTUS

If anyone were privvy to that information they wouldn't be able to tell you and since Yamato is in the process of reissuing the stand alone VF-0S as we speak chances are if it is going to be reissued, it isn't going to be reissued any time soon.

they are probably waiting for the store stocks of vf-0's to dwindle before they start re-issuing. i'm not sure if stores will want a new shipment if their old stocks are around and on the other hand- no one will buy it if it is not a reissue. chicken and egg.

but they are reissuing the VF-0S this month, they're just not reissuing the VF-0S + Ghost this month... Will they ever reissue the + Ghost variety? I'd say that they probably will at some point but yes, it might be a few years from now. Then again, they never re-released Hikaru's 1/48 Super VF-1J.

but they are reissuing the VF-0S this month, they're just not reissuing the VF-0S + Ghost this month... Will they ever reissue the + Ghost variety? I'd say that they probably will at some point but yes, it might be a few years from now. Then again, they never re-released Hikaru's 1/48 Super VF-1J.

So the VF-0S reissue that comes out this (or next) month will have all the fixes that the version with ghost had? If that is the case then I may actually be extremely tempted to sell my soul to the devil again and pick one up.

So the VF-0S reissue that comes out this (or next) month will have all the fixes that the version with ghost had? If that is the case then I may actually be extremely tempted to sell my soul to the devil again and pick one up.

Yes, it is supposed to have all the fixes.

Well this is the thing... the VF-0s yamato has produced so far haven't been very good quality control wise... So not many ppl want to buy them, even diehard fans have a hard time justifying a purchase because of all the breakages and what not with the line. There are still plenty of VF-OS's floating around on other online toy shops as well as on ebay... So I can see why yamato is waiting a bit as they don't want to flood the market with a low selling product yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Well this is the thing... the VF-0s yamato has produced so far haven't been very good quality control wise... So not many ppl want to buy them, even diehard fans have a hard time justifying a purchase because of all the breakages and what not with the line. There are still plenty of VF-OS's floating around on other online toy shops as well as on ebay... So I can see why yamato is waiting a bit as they don't want to flood the market with a low selling product yet.

We all want the japanese fans to buy them up first. Then complain. Then get their fixes, which finally allows numbers of the early releases to get to lower levels so we don't end up with it. :D Then have yamato re-release it with fixes.

That's the vibe I am getting. We importers might have to pay HLJ for the fixed arms if ours do crack vs japanese customers getting it free.

Did anyone who had their arm break, actually ask the place where you bought it from how much it would cost to get a fixed part? (assuming they have an ability to get replaced/fixed parts from yamato)

What I'd like to do is see a comparison from store to store how much the replaced part will cost in the event it's not a fixed release vf-0, and then I can choose based on who has the best price on replaced fixed parts, and then buy from them. It's not easy to tell from ebay which are new releases. If you know it's going to be risky, that your might break, may as well go with the guys with cheapest price and best shipping.

Paying for the extra replaced part is better than not having it fixed and whining forever. It's the past, not much can be done.. I just wish everyone from japan bought all the early releases up.. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ok so what we are seeing is yamato standalone roy 0S fixed? hmmm...wonder if there is anything slightly different on the boxes to aid in knowing this from original releases?

If so I plan to get one. Maybe we should make a poll similar to the 1/60 vf-1 v2 "Did anything break?" thread. Everyone who buys one from HLJ should post in it if the problem is still there or not. Would boost confidence in anyone planning on getting more vf-0S releases. I would especially like to hear from all those who already had the original ones to compare with the newer ones now that the new quality check guy is there.

Seeing that this is the prime Zero talk about thread at the moment i e-mailed Overdrive and got a very nice response.

Thanks for your enqiury. Can you give about 10 days with that? I should

> be meeting someone from Yamato in that period and should be able to

> confirm everything.

>

> Thanks

> --

> OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

Awesome! I am getting more impressed with their service as time goes by. :):D Looks like i'll secue my VF-0S with them hopefuly.

The VF-0S will be my first Valk that will be bought especially for the legend Roy!

I bought my 1/48 Roy just for Hikaru and Misa signifigance... (Super, Hik saving Misa etc)

But for the VF-0S it's all about Roy baby!

Still waiting to hear back from them. I plan to get one too. :-)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
"Discontinued" is HLJ speak for "Out of Stock"

discontinued means discontinued and not currently offered by the manufacturer. HLJ will have a grey square and "Out of Stock" for things that they simply do not have in stock.

From the HLJ website:

[Discontinued: Item is out of stock and the manufacturer has discontinued it. We don't expect to get any additional stock for the forseeable future.

Out-of-stock items are displayed with squares (in-stock items with circles). Black squares with a "jolly roger" skull and crossbones indicate items that we have no stock of, and that have been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Because there is no chance of getting such items in the near future, we don't accept orders for them. Keep in mind, however, that other merchants could very well have stock of such items, particularly stores outside of Japan.

In addition, companies such as Tamiya, Bandai and others will frequently place older products on a long-term reissue cycle. Products like these may be issued only once every few years. Between these long reissues, the products will show as discontinued on our web site if we're out of stock, but they may very well be available again at some point in the (distant) future.

"Never give up!"]

discontinued means discontinued and not currently offered by the manufacturer. HLJ will have a grey square and "Out of Stock" for things that they simply do not have in stock.

HLJ will list items as "discontinued" sometimes before they're even released, because they don't think they'll be allocated any additional quantities for orders. I've seen "discontinued" items become "in stock", as well, shortly after release, probably due to cancelled pre-orders or returns.

Dealing with distributors at my own job, I understand that "discontinued" is a subjective term, and should never be taken as rote, because it usually just means that distributor doesn't intend or expect to get any more, NOT that it's actually discontinued by the manufacturer. Just as the HLJ says and you quoted, "other merchants could very well have stock of such items".

Which is all a long way of me saying yes, never give up ;)

The question is, if one orders the VF-0S from HLJ, will HLJ ship them the restocked one, or the older version? From what I understand, unless you take it out of the box and handle it, there's little much else to identify which is the newer one.

Yeah that's the scary thing. Also why I'll probably never buy the macross zero valks off ebay sellers too since they won't know the difference themselves.

Yamato should do something like make the box look a tiny bit different or something so people can tell.

so the VF-OS is coming out with a re-issue either this month or next's? positive? hmm, may have to wait a while before I go about with the one I sort of reserved...

interesting

I just saw today on Hobby Link Japan (www.hlj.com) That it is a upcoming release/item for sale. No mention of improved parts, and does not show the Ghost unit. but definitely a re-release.

And then the dealers will blame Yamato for ruining their sales because noone will buy the toys they have already paid yamato for.

Sell them cheap to japanese buyers who can get the replacements easily. We have toynami to screw us over with breaking pieces on the Masterpiece collections. Now it's time japan had their turn and bought all the faulty yamato toys with breaking pieces imo :p Share some of the burden.

PC games can be patched. Less risky.

Anyway: So how much do replacement parts cost? If worse comes to worst, it might be a good idea to just eat the cost for the one vf-0s, and hope the new QC guy means no more risk of stuff breaking easily.

I hope vf-11 doesn't have fragility problems. Customers went through pain on early releases of 1/72.

knock on wood, I got really lucky with my VF-0A, but I would still rather wait for the newest versions to come out, if they do with all new QC. For what the Zero series costs, Yamato better make some serious improvements!!!

Damn right! The valkyrie+booster set is really pricey for a toy (but of course most yamatos are not cheap)!! I am so looking forward to a Roy Focker VF-0S!!!

The question is, if one orders the VF-0S from HLJ, will HLJ ship them the restocked one, or the older version? From what I understand, unless you take it out of the box and handle it, there's little much else to identify which is the newer one.

I also fear I will get a "repack" from some cheap retailer...I never owned a Yamato VF-0S (lucky?) so I cannot tell the difference at first sight, and previous posts indicate it is really not that easy to tell them apart until the actual sholder or elbow break!! Are there any external differences that can be noticed by simply taking the valk out of the box? I am planning to look for it once the announced re-issue is supposed to be out there on the streets, so getting the thing out of the blisters should be possible, but transforming it...what do you think?