Macross Frontier Episode 19 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 19  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (SHERYL Episode!!!!!!!!!! <3)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl should eat some pineapples)

:lol: but then after that, all three of them would be trapped in some hidden hold under frontier. this time for several days, and with all communications cut off...

and at this point, the daydreaming takes an entirely different direction altogether... :p

nah, i was thinking more along the lines of some blue mice showing Alto the secret key that will activate the legendary red-trimmed VF-1.... :rolleyes:

One of the Big Zam vajra will commandeer it and used it to kidnap Ranka, transform into Battroid and climbed the highest tower on Island-1 while Alto and co chase it in EX-gear.

One of the Big Zam vajra will commandeer it and used it to kidnap Ranka, transform into Battroid and climbed the highest tower on Island-1 while Alto and co chase it in EX-gear.

There is one flaw in your theory:

the Big Zam vajra are too darn big to fit!

Despite the colors, as much as I would like to see a VF-1 save the day, it is probably a *just* a statue, nothing more.

They used it in the comic, so if you really NEED to see it flying, that may be your only outlet...

Personally, the only way I'd like to see it in action is if the gravity on Frontier goes wonky, and everything starts falling sideways (including Sheryl and/or Ranka). Then Alto could use it to ram through a bridge and grab them. ^_^

Yeah, regardless if the bridge is in the way or not. Just go ram a bridge then save them. :lol: Maybe he could only save one of them, and he has to make a choice. :o

If he had to ram the bridge with something he's just use his VF-25 because you know they'll give him another one eventually.

Hmm.. watching the next episode preview is Michael got himself giant sized? (the part he was wearing combat armor and a rifle) since I could have sworn that Klan Klan had boobs! :blink: (she only gets those when she's giant sized right?)

I'm with you, but why now? Shortage of planes?

And why does no one talk about Michael's ears?

Now I see why Alto invited Sheryl at Mihoshi.

He wants Sheryl to recognize both his and Ranka's achievements. To convince her not give up her dream. Alto admitted that both he and Ranka look up to her.

Then it turned to a freaking love triangle event thanks to two meddlers.

NOOOOO

Man-Fey still exists-- in frontier! :(

I shall reiterate our stance on Man-Faye where it applies:

Oh and one more thing, should you post clips of Man-Faye doing the Nyan-Nyan dance, MacrossWorld and affiliates are not responsible for any damages or bodily harm. :)

*steps out of the way*

BTW...someone named KiNA ponted this out at the animesuki forums:

shinsenrawsmacrossfrontue5.th.jpg

MAN-RANKA? :ph34r:

Beaten by like... 15 pages and a week :p

ON GOING POST <started 15:55 CDT>

I may be wrong, but I think I saw a Man-Ranka :S

No, but seriuosly.... WTF?!?!?!?!

<ended 16:29 CDT>

But I was feeling merciful and didn't wanna pop anyone's eyes. :p

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

Finally finished downloading Lunar's sub. So, the conspirators purposely put a nest underneath Mihoshi Academy, and they know that Ranka's song is the fuel / main attractor of the Vajra. I think we're in the home stretch now, and everything will be revealed veeeeeery soon.

Finally finished downloading Lunar's sub. So, the conspirators purposely put a nest underneath Mihoshi Academy, and they know that Ranka's song is the fuel / main attractor of the Vajra. I think we're in the home stretch now, and everything will be revealed veeeeeery soon.

I figured it attracted them rather than repel them;

The question is, does it command or placate them at all?

Err... Actually... It could be a very robust woman, u know? :rolleyes:

Yup, that's what i thought too. noticed it the first time, and found it funny. it's probably a dig at full-bodied cosplayers trying to cosplay skinny characters. :)

actually it's fun to look at the crowd. one of the fans was trying to look like Ranka by wearing green hair, and she just happens to look exactly like Lum from Urusei Yatsura. :)

I'm not normally a fan of the 'triangle, but this is MACROSS, and you must accept!

That being said I am definitely rooting for Ranka. She doesn't come off as bratty or whiny or as a nuisance. She has an effervescent personality, almost always bubbly and optimistic. A trait to be adored along with a certain naiveté. It doesn't hurt that she suits me just fine, green hair/ears and all!! :wub: She is a strong go-getter - as soon as she realizes what she wants. Among the three, she's the one running to make the proclamation!

As for Alto telling Sheryl to show up and telling her to watch him in his thoughts, I think a previous poster had it right (I hope) that it was to show how he and Ranka have improved and that she should do the same and not give up. Although that's probably a bit wordy. (On an EVIL note, perhaps he was telling Sheryl that he loved Ranka by forming the heart above her name. -place evil emoticon here-)

So far all I know about the cliffhanger ending is that Ranka found Alto and Sheryl in the classic cuddling pose that is often misunderstood just as one decides to declare one's love. I won't be making any guesses as to what happened, though any three possibilites are ripe.

1) Sheryl says I love you - Alto says 'So?'

2) Sheryl says I don't love you(looooong shot) Alto says 'Oh?'

3) Alto and Sheryl profess their undying love and Ranka did just miss their kiss.

4) Alto and Sheryl decide they would make much better friends after all and become best buds. Ranka misunderstands and runs away. Alto runs after...

but 5) the Vajra attack before he can reach her.

I know that's more than three.

cue episode 20!

I'm not normally a fan of the 'triangle, but this is MACROSS, and you must accept!

That being said I am definitely rooting for Ranka. She doesn't come off as bratty or whiny or as a nuisance. She has an effervescent personality, almost always bubbly and optimistic. A trait to be adored along with a certain naiveté. It doesn't hurt that she suits me just fine, green hair/ears and all!! :wub: She is a strong go-getter - as soon as she realizes what she wants. Among the three, she's the one running to make the proclamation!

As for Alto telling Sheryl to show up and telling her to watch him in his thoughts, I think a previous poster had it right (I hope) that it was to show how he and Ranka have improved and that she should do the same and not give up. Although that's probably a bit wordy. (On an EVIL note, perhaps he was telling Sheryl that he loved Ranka by forming the heart above her name. -place evil emoticon here-)

So far all I know about the cliffhanger ending is that Ranka found Alto and Sheryl in the classic cuddling pose that is often misunderstood just as one decides to declare one's love. I won't be making any guesses as to what happened, though any three possibilites are ripe.

1) Sheryl says I love you - Alto says 'So?'

2) Sheryl says I don't love you(looooong shot) Alto says 'Oh?'

3) Alto and Sheryl profess their undying love and Ranka did just miss their kiss.

4) Alto and Sheryl decide they would make much better friends after all and become best buds. Ranka misunderstands and runs away. Alto runs after...

but 5) the Vajra attack before he can reach her.

I know that's more than three.

cue episode 20!

it's also possible that sheryl simply admits that she's dying. i think, in light of a revelation like that, a hug is definitely in order. :)

I'm still rooting for Ranka.

I don't think that she's actually clueless, I think that she's just in a deep state of denial. I think of Ranka as being like Hikaru in Kimagure Orange Road. Hikaru seemed clueless that Kyosuke liked Madoka, but actually knew all along and was just refusing to acknowledge what she knew.

I've also just finished the lunar subs and I must say I was pleased with the episode. Lot's of cute scenes of Ranka and Brera. I really liked Ranka's new song, Anata no Oto, it's a real Ranka song. Pure and cute. Another Alto and Sheryl tiff. Cathy and Ozma acting like a dating couple was somewhat painful put sweet. Some Mikhail and Klan even if it was repayment for the info on the pills, I'll take whatever I can get with those two. Along with some revelations and suspicions uncovered it was good. And Alto can finally make his mind up cause it's about time he did.

At this point I love both girls even if I'm a bigger Sheryl fan. I still love Ranka's character and I'm feeling she'll end up winning the triangle. With the amount of SherylxAlto we've been getting I expect it. She'll grow in personality in the next few episodes and nab him with her moeness. I mean Sheryl has a few death flags flying and even if I don't think they'll kill her and that's she'll live, Alto showed that he's inspired by Sheryl, which doesn't guarantee him loving her.

He's known Ranka's feeling's since that whole kiss affair back during the movie shoot of Zero even if he ignored it till now he knew. He told Sheryl that for Ranka it was more than just a kiss. He's been faced with the option of protecting Ranka over and over and he's been trying harder and harder every time since that day he couldn't say it to her when he didn't have the power to protect. He's been avoiding her feelings like he does with everything else. He has no idea about Sheryl loving him and if she get's her way he'll never know since she thinks she's dying.

At this point, I'd honestly be really surprised if he ends up with Sheryl, even if I would like that ending myself. I'm guessing she is going to push Alto away again to spare him from feeling guilty and from knowing the full extent about her illness and at the same time push him towards Ranka acting like the big sister who mediates. Who know she might have told him but what will Alto be able to do about it at this point? Who knows, I might be surprised tomorrow. Macross always loves suprising us.

Ranka makes me want to see her pure feelings returned even if there are all these hurdles in the way, find out about her past, lead the Vajra against Grace and her cohorts plans and still keep her cuteness despite all the destruction going on around her. Sheryl makes me want to see her get her fire back and fight till her last breath (hopefully not her last) and give Grace a beat down via song for trying to get her hands on her protogé and telling her this was the end of her and still get the hime. ^_^

This is all speculation on my part but all in all, Alto really needed that kick in the ass from Mikhail, he needs to stop sitting on his lazy ass and get moving and chose. Before Ai-kun eats him that is. :lol:

I'm still rooting for Ranka.

I don't think that she's actually clueless, I think that she's just in a deep state of denial. I think of Ranka as being like Hikaru in Kimagure Orange Road. Hikaru seemed clueless that Kyosuke liked Madoka, but actually knew all along and was just refusing to acknowledge what she knew.

Holy camolie! I hadn't even thought about KOR!! :blink: It makes sense!! This is just like the Kyousuke/Madoka/Hikaru triangle!!! ^_^ Well ok, not JUST like it but VERY similar. Probably more so than Hikaru/Minmay/Misa.