Macross Frontier Episode 19 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 19  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (SHERYL Episode!!!!!!!!!! <3)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl should eat some pineapples)

-The Saotome family should be motivational speakers.

You know, I don't think you ever answered my question way back when as to whether you know Japanese. :) I'm guessing that since you understood what Alto and his brother were saying, that you do. :D Just curious :)

- in DYRL, it was misa who ran into hikaru and minmei embracing, right? so misa=ranka in this instance. but given how they seem to be twisting every homage, this may actually be in favor of sheryl. i just hope sheryl lives past the revelation moment

According to the preview, roles changes in the same homage because Alto goes to find Ranka

Am I the only one that was lmao as Ranka was running up the stairs? Not a Ranka hater or anything but it just seemed funny how happy she was and how they had her in slow mo and drew the moment out when we the audience know she's gonna get a slap in the face in a few seconds.

Quick question though, did Alto and Sheryl kiss or was he just holding her? It seemed like the latter but everyone reacted as if it was the former.

Edited by Raptor One

:blink: Please explain, poster. :p:)

sorry, can't explain it really :p:D specially not before the subs come out (my japanese vocabulary is limited to those words found in menus)

i just got this vibe that michel is finally coming to terms with his past (sister), klan, and himself. if he survives to enjoy it, well and good. if not, it's tragic. and macross always has its fair share of tragedies.

but, like i said, i can't explain it. just a feeling. so pay no mind to my rambling musings :)

Am I the only one that was lmao as Ranka was running up the stairs? Not a Ranka hater or anything but it just seemed funny how happy she was and how they had her in slow mo and drew the moment out when we the audience know she's gonna get a slap in the face in a few seconds.

you're not the only one

crfqa.gif

Quick question though, did Alto and Sheryl kiss or was he just holding her? It seemed like the latter but everyone reacted as if it was the former.

The issue there is how ranka saw them, from her point of view looks like a kiss though

According to the preview, roles changes in the same homage because Alto goes to find Ranka

ha! good one! :lol:

er, but wait... in DYRL hikaru went looking for misa, then went looking for minmei. so which one were you referring to?

depending on your answer, you might be staring down a sniper rifle barrel... kidding ^_^

i know it's pointless to put logic in these speculations, but it's just fun. besides it passes the time while waiting for the boarding call.

:blink: Please explain, poster. :p:)

Michel flashback about f u n e r a l ^_^

I think the whole Sheryl embracing Alto is a misunderstanding, IMO Sheryl is still sick, when she's about to collapse Alto catch her, and at the same time Ranka pop up on the roof. B))

Also the episode clearly show Ai-kun evolving into a Big-Zam type Vajra. And also I think the three Big-Zam at the concert is the same like the three Zentraedi spies, they are much more 'cultured' than the rest :lol:

The timing when "Triangler" kick in during the scene is perfect B)) That's what I call good directing.

I loved it as she was running up the stairs

KIMI DARE TO KISU O SURU?

Obviously the answer is Sheryl.

And since it's a DYRL homage and in most homages in this series they have the exact opposite outcome from the original... I call victory for Sheryl (this isn't actual speculation... this is what I want to happen). :lol:

That eye catch was something.

And I'm probably the only one who thought "Doritos" after watching the ED.

That's why I'm eating Doritos right now *crunch* *crunch* *crunch*...

:lol:

I wonder who's sweeping out who's leg in the trailer for next episode. Looks like the pantleg of an SMS pilot sweeping out the legs of someone wearing a blue suit. I'm guessing someone saves President Glass from eating a bullet, as it looks like the same style of pants and shoes he wears.

Perhaps Michael? Maybe his sniping skills made him realise that Glass was going to be shot and he spotted the sniper...

:ph34r:

Guys, I don't know what you're saying about Ai-kun being at the concert, he wasn't. :p I checked through the whole scene and he wasn't present. :) STOP SMOKING THAT STUFF. :lol:

Here...

:rolleyes:

post-7862-1218782796_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I don't know why but as the series has progressed Ive gone from Cheering Ranka on to not being able to stand her. she strikes me as the little kid character present in so many Anime that doesnt want the lead to get the girl because its her Oneesama, only reverse that she doesn't want sheryl to get alto because she wants him >.> I guess theres nothing wrong with that in a love triangle, but in execution she just comes off as annoying and overly needy and dare I say spoiled.

Well, the situation is quite different right now, in the first round (Before making Zero movie) Sheryl is the songstress and now Ranka is the songstress. I don't know how the two of them will fight to win Alto I just want Alto to make up his damn mind, or better, take all the girls. ^_^

To tell the truth, I don't want both girls to ended up with Alto, come on, he was thinking about Sheryl while arrowing a heart to Ranka, he's soften up to Sheryl because she's remind him of his mother, and he's always playing with his paper planes when he's alone with Ranka. Darn, I wish Ai-kun could chew on Alto right now <_<

Epi.19 is surely a character development chapter, however among all the couples shown in this episode, I think Michel X Klan is wrong in a certain aspect, looks like a lolicon with a loli on date by watching seals on the dock. :blink:

Superb cliff-hanger! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hate cliff-hangers!!! :angry:

It takes an awful lot to wait for the next episode to find out exactly what happened.

I am uncertain what happened between Alto and Sheryl that saw them embracing, but it doesn't appear she was ill at that time and it sure doesn't look as if Alto was holding her to keep her still, perhaps they have the "space" and "solitude" to really show each other's affection? I hope so. :rolleyes:

Can anyone translate the conversation between Michael and Alto on the rooftop btw?

Well, the situation is quite different right now, in the first round (Before making Zero movie) Sheryl is the songstress and now Ranka is the songstress. I don't know how the two of them will fight to win Alto I just want Alto to make up his damn mind, or better, take all the girls. ^_^

To tell the truth, I don't want both girls to ended up with Alto, come on, he was thinking about Sheryl while arrowing a heart to Ranka, he's soften up to Sheryl because she's remind him of his mother, and he's always playing with his paper planes when he's alone with Ranka. Darn, I wish Ai-kun could chew on Alto right now <_<

Epi.19 is surely a character development chapter, however among all the couples shown in this episode, I think Michel X Klan is wrong in a certain aspect, looks like a lolicon with a loli on date by watching seals on the dock. :blink:

That's why both Alto and Michael will die...

Michael next Episode...

Alto during the last one...

:wacko:

Those of us in japan are so busy we had to use advanced technology to add more hours to the day. :p

You guys over there have OVERTECHNOLOGY? :ph34r::blink:

Now where's that F5 animated GIF........ :huh: (resisting myself from typing "RAW IS OUT").....

Sorry I was late..... ;p

2ec189x.gif

Superb cliff-hanger! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hate cliff-hangers!!! :angry:

It takes an awful lot to wait for the next episode to find out exactly what happened.

I am uncertain what happened between Alto and Sheryl that saw them embracing, but it doesn't appear she was ill at that time and it sure doesn't look as if Alto was holding her to keep her still, perhaps they have the "space" and "solitude" to really show each other's affection? I hope so. :rolleyes:

Can anyone translate the conversation between Michael and Alto on the rooftop btw?

Michel was asking how Sheryl was and Alto says that she seems fine and seems to have even "powered up". Michel basically tells him that it's about time to stop being indecisive. Even for him, being this dense for this long is pushing it. The songs that Ranka are singing are for him. Sheryl is really suffering right not, but she still thinks about and tries not to burden him.

Michel was asking how Sheryl was and Alto says that she seems fine and seems to have even "powered up". Michel basically tells him that it's about time to stop being indecisive. Even for him, being this dense for this long is pushing it. The songs that Ranka are singing are for him. Sheryl is really suffering right not, but she still thinks about and tries not to burden him.

thanks man!! :rolleyes:

Dimension Eater rounds.... :blink:

I knew it. :D I had speculated on DE rounds on a thread about the Vajra becoming invulnerable. And it seems like I hit the jackpot on my speculation. :D

Just watched the raw... and I must say that this was a turning-point episode...

-Klan and Michael seem to be getting closer too... (Michael going pineapple also next week? The preview showing him in combat EX-Gear made me think of him going Gilliam style... recycled/flipped animation?)

Can't wait for Episode 20!!!! :ph34r:

Is it just me or was Michel wearing his Ex-Gear over his School Uniform? :huh: I'm guessing this was during the Vajra attack on Frontier.

The sniper looks like he's using an Arctic Warfare Magnum with a grey stock.

If that it was colored green, then would it mean that MF is making a Counter Strike reference? :lol:

I knew it. :D I had speculated on DE rounds on a thread about the Vajra becoming invulnerable. And it seems like I hit the jackpot on my speculation. :D

So NUNS are starting a war by using rounds that can rip space-time? Nice way to destroy an entire Galaxy, Grace is more dangerous than Gepernich spiritia blackhole :ph34r:

Anyway, how big these DE round are? Is it going to be valk ammo or reaction missile scale?

Only one person could stop Grace right now

BOMBAA!!

So NUNS are starting a war by using rounds that can rip space-time? Nice way to destroy an entire Galaxy, Grace is more dangerous than Gepernich spiritia blackhole :ph34r:

Anyway, how big these DE round are? Is it going to be valk ammo or reaction missile scale?

Only one person could stop Grace right now

BOMBAA!!

Grace would just mutter "interesting" if he'd ever apear then fire a DE round at him :(

Basara would belt out a high note and shatter the DE round before it can detonate.

BOMBAA!!

Either that, or a convenient space whale would come along and absorb the dimension eater.

The VF-1 on top of Alto's school is in Hikaru colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, watch episode 8 again...it's got Hikaru's NUMBER, too. At that time, we speculated that it might be the actual DYRL movie prop.

If that it was colored green, then would it mean that MF is making a Counter Strike reference? :lol:

I doubt it, The Artic Warfare Magnum is being used by many police forces and even some militaries as the standerd sniper rifle, and seeing that this is a grey version it's most likely not an Artic Warfare Magnum, but an Artic Warfare Police (the infamous AWP, from 1.6 :) )

Here...

:rolleyes:

You.... have absolutely NO proof that that's Ai-kun. First off, he was perfectly small and tiny like he has been in the beginning of the episode. He wouldn't grow that much in that amount of time. Secondly, it could be someone in costume. :p I don't believe without proof!!! :D:rolleyes: