Which singer and song is appropriate for first impression?

RedWolf

I'm making a crossover fanfic between NBSG and Macross.

Well as prologue I was thinking of making the Colonial listening to FM radio broadcasts.

Question is which artist and song?

Minmay: Classic

Basara/Fire Bomber: Classic Rock

Sheryl or Ranka: Contemporary

Thank you for the input.

BOMBAA!

Specifically I'd go with Totsugeki Love Heart, that is my favorite Fire Bomber song.

It depends on what impact you want the music to have. Each of these artists did different things with their music, it was just along the same lines. Minmei might work for the first time heard or Basara's music can overwhelm them while sounding really awesome, or with Sheryl/Ranka who are entertaining to listen.

BOMBAA!

Specifically I'd go with Totsugeki Love Heart, that is my favorite Fire Bomber song.

It depends on what impact you want the music to have. Each of these artists did different things with their music, it was just along the same lines. Minmei might work for the first time heard or Basara's music can overwhelm them while sounding really awesome, or with Sheryl/Ranka who are entertaining to listen.

Well if it's Basara, Tigh would likely shout "What the Frack is that?"

If it's Minmay and DYRL they'll realize "Of course it's long song!" ( I am quoting correctly Misa right?)

Sheryl and Ranka are more upbeat in their songs.

Tigh's job is to shout "What the Frak!" and get drunk. So that works with me. Though really all of them will probably be saying "What the frak!" because they are suddenly hearing Japanese music.

It is interesting your doing this crossover because many times in the past I have wondered about the universe of BSG and thought how similar it seems to Macross in some respects and then I think, wouldn't it be interesting if the Galactica fleet got to Earth it was Earth post SW1. The universe is infinite so Galactica and the Cylons could have easily been jumping around everywhere and never encountered a single Zentradi, Earth Colony ship, SA remnant, or Vajra the whole time. Then there is the similarities between the jump system and fold travel (well the way I see fold travel, which isn't necessarily by Compendium standards).

BSG beeing a pretty "rough" series, I'd go for fire bomber music .... totsugeki love heart would be awsome yeah. I can imagine Thigh standing at the bridge "What the frack ...", Bill being all like "Mr. Geta where the hell is that broadcast comming from".

Edited by whispo

BSG beeing a pretty "rough" series, I'd go for fire bomber music .... totsugeki love heart would be awsome yeah. I can imagine Thigh standing at the bridge "What the frack ...", Bill being all like "Mr. Geta where the hell is that broadcast comming from".

What's BSG / NBSG, if you don't mind?

EDIT: I AM AN IDIOT, Battle Suit Gundam, right?

The Vigna Zirah ought to show up, I always thought it was cool and not weird

Oh, and you should totally be playing either Sheryl or Fire Bomber, specifically ENGLISH FIRE

Edited by RF-26AAC

What's BSG / NBSG, if you don't mind?

EDIT: I AM AN IDIOT, Battle Suit Gundam, right?

The Vigna Zirah ought to show up, I always thought it was cool and not weird

Oh, and you should totally be playing either Sheryl or Fire Bomber, specifically ENGLISH FIRE

Battle Star Galactica I think (Don't worry, I also made the same mistake lol).

I never actually saw the renewed series (but love the classic one).

Ok, so first impression? Definitely Minmay with her 'Ai oboeteimasuka'.

I think it would depend on how you want your scene to go. while hearing the song, do you want to impress upon the readers that your colonials are longing for earth? indifferent? confused? irritated?

What reactions would you like them to have after realizing the significance of the song? elation? disbelief? anger? energized?

what's the significance that the song is supposed to have?

and finally, what's your fanfic? comedy? serious? purely parody?

start from these questions, and you'll eventually find your perfect song...

Edited by dreamweaver13

Battle Star Galactica I think (Don't worry, I also made the same mistake lol).

I never actually saw the renewed series (but love the classic one).

Ok, so first impression? Definitely Minmay with her 'Ai oboeteimasuka'.

Correct on Battlestar Galactica. The BSG acronym didn't become popular for Galactica until the new series I believe, so it isn't surprising a lot of people don't know what it is referring to, especially if they haven't seen the show.

It does all depend on the purpose of the song and scene as dreamweaver said, but Fire Bomber has many types of songs and not all are upbeat. They probably have the biggest assemblage of songs so far out of all the Macross music stars. Totsugeki Love Heart is a good fast paced song but if you want something slow and mellow go with My Soul for You.

I already uploaded the prologue at Fanfiction.net. It'll shown up in the system anytime now.

It's listed under Misc: TV crossovers.

Titled: Frak Deculture

Mind you for BSG purists it's a bit AU. I had the refugee fleet protected by the Battlestars Galactica, Pegasus and Valkyrie.

I'm a ship whore for different classes sue me (not the owners I already made a disclaimer) and I couldn't resist a ship with that name.

Thanks for the input.

Edited by RedWolf

I already uploaded the prologue at Fanfiction.net. It'll shown up in the system anytime now.

It's listed under Misc: TV crossovers.

Titled: Frak Deculture

Mind you for BSG purists it's a bit AU. I had the refugee fleet protected by the Battlestars Galactica, Pegasus and Valkyrie.

I'm a ship whore for different classes sue me (not the owners I already made a disclaimer) and I couldn't resist a ship with that name.

Thanks for the input.

Valkyrie did appear in the show, even though it was Adama's flashback. However making it slightly AU is probably a good idea. Valkyrie could have been near Galactica when the attack originally happened and they could have just not lost the Pegasus. I'm like you, I love ships of many types and I almost cried when the Pegasus was destroyed in the 3rd season like that because I liked her a whole lot more than the Galactica truthfully. Although she took out 2 or 3 basestars as she died so it definitely wasn't a pushover, she died well.

MisaForKlan

It is called re imagined for a reason. However I actually like the classic Cylons and how they speak. You know there are robotic Cylons in the new show right? You see the human ones more but the centurions are still there. Granted they look different and don't speak (saddening) but they are there. Actually if you watch any of the new BSG then you should watch the Razor TV movie, it isn't difficult to watch without having seen much else of the show, but the most important part is it actually has classic Cylons in it (beautifully rendered in CG) and in one scene they do speak. I have to say when they spoke in that scene I cheered because ever since the new show started I was waiting for a metal Cylon to speak like they once did.

Edited by Master Dex

I never actually saw the reimagined series, but I saw the battle clip on youtube which is mind blowing (salute to Pegasus for the heroic death). ^_^

Cross over between Macross and Galactica (the new series)? Hmm, both loves throwing nukes around and the main fighter is armed with kinetic weapon. It will only make sense if Starbuck started to sing to the Cyclons.

Interesting if you put Galactica rag tag fleet as the remains of Protoculture running away from new kind of supervision army (cyclons), and they somehow meet up with one of the New Macross Colony fleet B))

FRAK DECULTURE!! :lol:

I read the prologue, very interested and good start. Can't wait to see more. When Totsugeki Love Heart appeared in text there I couldn't resist playing it on my speaker system while reading that, it works so well. I can see thing being very interesting.

Valkyrie did appear in the show, even though it was Adama's flashback. However making it slightly AU is probably a good idea. Valkyrie could have been near Galactica when the attack originally happened and they could have just not lost the Pegasus. I'm like you, I love ships of many types and I almost cried when the Pegasus was destroyed in the 3rd season like that because I liked her a whole lot more than the Galactica truthfully. Although she took out 2 or 3 basestars as she died so it definitely wasn't a pushover, she died well.

Well FYI in this fiction 3 variants of NMC City as seen on Macross 7 and 3 variants of the NMC battleship carriers Battle Macross same specs as Battle 7, Battle Prometheus same specs as Zentradi variant Battle 5 and Battle Daedalus same specs as Battle 13 from VFX-2.

It would be overkill if I added a Island cluster bioplant fleet NMC like Macross Frontier or a chemical plant NMC like Macross Galaxy.

I had Chlore and her fleet join the M7 fleet and some survivors of Macross 5 and Megaroad 13.

Thus the second hand City 1 for the giant Meltrans, the repaired City 5 for the Zentrandi(In M7 the city blocks were missing) and Varautan Megaroad 13.

a bit OT, but since this thread is about a macross/BSG crossover...

have you seen the hard-ass space battle sequences in BSG (reimagined)? THAT is how i want a live-action macross to look like. grit, realism, heavy chunky weapons going at it full speed. :)

The film photography of the BSG battle scenes is amazing. there's a particular scene in the mid season finale where the camera pans into galactica, following the wobbly trail of an incoming missile. and i sat there imagining milla's point of view as she makes an attack on the macross.... wow. :)

a bit OT, but since this thread is about a macross/BSG crossover...

have you seen the hard-ass space battle sequences in BSG (reimagined)? THAT is how i want a live-action macross to look like. grit, realism, heavy chunky weapons going at it full speed. :)

The film photography of the BSG battle scenes is amazing. there's a particular scene in the mid season finale where the camera pans into galactica, following the wobbly trail of an incoming missile. and i sat there imagining milla's point of view as she makes an attack on the macross.... wow. :)

Indeed I find also the AI problems of NUN people especially Frontier in comparison to NBSG.

Colonials had the original Cylons, the humans and Zentradi had Sharon Apple.

Cylons have raiders, NUNS has Ghosts.

The Colonials had those 7 frakking humanoid toasters, Frontier has Grace and Galaxy.

They have a plan and Keiaku Doori.

Unlike Colonials though Earth humans and Zentradi are tolerant of cyborgs.

Colonial refugees are depresed in seeking Earth, the citizens of South Ataria make a booming city inside the Macross itself. Simulated sky too.

Heck the Macross people got it right with making their robots juice machines, sweepers, phones.

Not humanoid mech that can turn against you.

In a way there is a similarity with the original purpose of the Zentradi to the Cylons.

Both were used for war by their creators.

The issue I want to write about is how the Colonials will comprehend the marriage between the people of Earth and the Zentradi, after the Zentradi killed most of the human race there. The Colonials having had their own holocaust.

And how this alludes to their relationship with the Cylons.

Edited by RedWolf