The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

Thanks for the pics Dante74.

I am looking forward to getting my defender, panel lining it, maybe weathering a bit and decaling.

The OD looks quite dark there. Is it just the lighting?

Nope, not the lighting, it is that dark.

There aren't that many panel lines so just weathering it might be your only option.

I'm thinking about weathering it and applying the stickers but I know they'll come off eventually.

I cannot wait for my 1st release Tomahawk to come... actually, I'm about ready to kill UPS bc/ it's not here yet. I'm definitely gonna have some fun detailing this guy up as soon as I open it... I think I'll scan the stickers and run off some waterslide decals for some of the markings. The OD and the Defender look nice as well, glad to see there's a different set of figures with the Defender... the ground crew should look pretty good when all is said and done.

Are you in the US Dante74?

I just checked my EMS tracking...

...Dec 28 16:43 In Customs (at the San Francisco Airport).

Nope Europe. Funny thing is, just 10 minutes before the delivery guy came, I checked EMS and it said it was still waiting at customs.

Very interesting toys. However, given the fact that i-sobot has dropped its price by 2/3, why should I buy the 1/60 Destroid? For your information, i-sobot is about $100 at amazon.com at the time this post is made. At one time, the price went down to $59 and $79.

Very interesting toys. However, given the fact that i-sobot has dropped its price by 2/3, why should I buy the 1/60 Destroid? For your information, i-sobot is about $100 at amazon.com at the time this post is made. At one time, the price went down to $59 and $79.

I had to look on amazon because I didn't know what an i-sobot was. I'm not sure what the comparison here is. If someone is getting a destroid, it's because they are a Macross fan and want to pick up a well made and designed version of a classic mech. There's really not much basis for comparison for price or why one should buy one over the other here as the markets for each are very different.

Looking at those last few pics, I thought the missile covers on the Defender swiveled up, but they actually have to be removed. Wonder how this would work in the anime? Do they collapse or does a crew have to remove them?

Once again (been discussed earlier in this thread), those aren't missile launcher bays on the Defender. The "covers" are actually ammo magazines. So they would have no need to swing up like on the Tomahawk.

Pfft, forget the apple, I have this nice orange here...

Vostok 7

That would be awesome, but could you imagine how much that beast would cost?! Still, if done right, it would be a worthy purchase. What would you guys be willing to pay for a 1/60 Monster? I think $250 would be my max, but then the shipping on this would be heinous, too, so I would say $325 with shipping would be my max. That's quite a bit for a toy, but if Yamato really made it super-detailed with enough articulation and cool gimmicks like opening hatches and clear plastic parts, it would be the centerpiece of any Macross collection. I have to say that Yamato is really taking a step in the right direction by releasing the Destroids. Hopefully, it's a sign of more obscure mecha to be released.

But, yeah, Scream Man, I feel your pain ... finding room to display more stuff is becoming a challenge. I'm either gonna have to pack all my anime pvc figures and put them in storage or start selling them, which I'd really hate to do.

Just got my weathered Tomahawk today. Can't stop smiling.

My short review is that this is a perfect representation of the mech. If you're a Macross fan it's a must.

The whole lower half is too loose for my liking but it holds all the poses I've attempted.

Would love a 1/60 destroid pit crew set with repair vehicles, extra technicians, base and backdrop, elevators etc.

I took out my Takatoku Destroid Conversion Kit this past weekend in anticipation of getting my Tomahawk . . . uh, this is much better.

That would be awesome, but could you imagine how much that beast would cost?! Still, if done right, it would be a worthy purchase. What would you guys be willing to pay for a 1/60 Monster? I think $250 would be my max, but then the shipping on this would be heinous, too, so I would say $325 with shipping would be my max. That's quite a bit for a toy, but if Yamato really made it super-detailed with enough articulation and cool gimmicks like opening hatches and clear plastic parts, it would be the centerpiece of any Macross collection. I have to say that Yamato is really taking a step in the right direction by releasing the Destroids. Hopefully, it's a sign of more obscure mecha to be released.

But, yeah, Scream Man, I feel your pain ... finding room to display more stuff is becoming a challenge. I'm either gonna have to pack all my anime pvc figures and put them in storage or start selling them, which I'd really hate to do.

1/60 Monster would be BIG. but still great to have it with another 1/60 vf1 and Destroid together.

In term of lower the cost, I would like Yamato cutting down some over-done details. Since Monster has so little joins/movement in its design. I don't even care if it turn out to be just a 'fix' pose toy!

I think they should creat something like the Jumbo Grade Gundam type of quality,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913939

not the best material/ finishing, but reasonable. Cheap enough to get one - (about 20000 yen?), and size does matter!

Yamato seriously needs to issue a ground crew kit or two for the 1/60 line with vehicles and stuff. I hope that the little figures packed with the Destroids mean a step in that direction and I bet that Yamato has thought about it more than once. A hangar bay diorama would be fantastic too, but I'm trying to keep it realistic.

Yamato seriously needs to issue a ground crew kit or two for the 1/60 line with vehicles and stuff. I hope that the little figures packed with the Destroids mean a step in that direction and I bet that Yamato has thought about it more than once. A hangar bay diorama would be fantastic too, but I'm trying to keep it realistic.

that hanger bay diorama would be awesome especially if there's a way to incorporate the yamato stands into it... but I'm scared at how much yamato would charge for something like that.

It's going to be interesting to see if Yamato even considers doing a monster after all the other destroids are done. Most likely no but if there is enough demand for the other four they may just do it. I want a remote control monster with recoiling cannons and light up action (thats for the yamato spies)!