The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

Sheesh, no wonder....It's classified as a "Completed Model." The regular Tomahawk was classified as a "Toy." And the OD Tomahawk is classified as an "Action Figure."

Thanks for the heads up! Been looking on HLJ every few days waiting for the preorder to show up for quite a while now haha.

so apparently the Defender is a cold-cast model... :rolleyes:

What happened to 1/60 scale mac II monster? Wasnt it supposed to be released a few years ago? Does anyone have any of the old production pictures?

Anyone know why BBTS doesn't have any of the Destroids listed? I really want to finally get the Tomahawk so I can customize it, but I am trying to avoid buying anything substantial from HLJ any time soon.

I would email them and make a direct request. I've done that in the past and they've been very accomodating. I think that they carry so many toy lines that sometimes they just don't keep on top of new releases, preorders, etc. Besides, they buy wholesale from HLJ, so it's not difficult for them to add more items to their orders from them.

Question for all those who have gotten their 1/60 Destroids:

How is the poseability and how are the features?

I ask as someone who has owned a 1/60 Milia Quid Rau for a long time, and while I think the sculpt is great, I find the poseability to be rather atroctious for such a large figure; and the "fixed posed" Milia to be really depressing. They could have at least made a fully poseable Milia (like the girls for Bubblegum crisis) and while I recognize that the Quid Rau isn't that poseable to begin with - I just feel that more could have been done in terms of features.

I wonder whether the 1/60 Destroids are also rather "basic" and simple?

Pete

Wow :) that's nifty! It actually now reminds me of a Patlabor when you do that! :) One could concieve of the Destroid Defender actually being able to also be a Destroid Construction vehicle, Destroid Crane, Destroid Drill, Destroid - you name it! I mean - basically it's a pilot's cabin on legs that you can attach things to :)

Pete

How is the poseability and how are the features?

Only has the 'Hawk at the moment, but they are decent. Good upper body articulation -- given the design -- hips are a sore point, not very there as they are constrained by their leg armour -- could have been better, honestly. Legs are ok, but the joints can be a bit loose.

The lack of good hip articulation, while in line with the design, has quite an impact on posability. You can't get the "out of there" action poses, but poses more in line with heavy line busters/ brawlers are possible.

and some couches transform into beds. Couches 2, Q raus 0.

The similarities don't end there - the Q Rau lets you store a woman in her. Some couches can open and there is storage place for...err...bedsheets...and pillows....of course...

Pete

simply superb that the defender comes with different crew/people!

now, i have no reason not to collect destroids, which by themselves are already awesome,

the people/ground crew are an excellent added bonus, offering endless diorama fun and possibilities!

WAY TO GO YAMATO!!!