The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

1. Three different color schemes?

2. Two pilots?

3. Coooooooooooooooooool. We're getting two new ground crew members. They look like soldiers this time around.

I love the yellow one... the other two are kinda boring (but I could certainly see where they'd fit with a more realistic military look).

Heh. I was just thinking the exact opposite. I hate the yellow one and hope the one I preordered from HLJ was one of the other two. I much prefer the more military "drab" schemes of the two.

lol are you serious or playing. :p I meant the ARMS, only difference is the arms for Zero and SDF versions. ;)

The size of a 1/60 Monster would be huge anyway ... Don't mention that Yamato's BIG package box! :p

BTY, Yamato... isn't it about time to show off the 1/60 Destroid Phalanx toy? (we all know that is going to happen...) :lol:

I PUT IN THE TRANSLATOR THE SCRIPT OF THE 3 DIFFERENT COLORS AND ITS SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THE FINAL COLOR IS THE ONE ON THE MIDDLE BECAUSE THE FIRST PROTOTYPE IMAGE WAS INCORRECT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..........SOME ONE CULD TRANSLATE THIS ALRIGHT

I can read Japanese only very barely... From what I can read, I cannot figure out which color they finalized. :(

My guess is that it's neither of the three on page 2 (I incline to guess it's the color shown in page 1 they adopted for production). The three colors here only demonstrated that they put a lot of effort in determining the "right color".

Just my guess!!!

Well I'm guessing then it also says something like "Originally we made the pilot too small, the pilot that will be included is the proper size" and that's why there's a pic of two pilots. Crap, I'm bummed the yellow one may not be final. I don't want to get a collection of destroids and have them all look very similar.

You are right! They said that the pilot for the tomahawk was kind of small because of the smaller cockpit space, and they revised it this time.

While this is not a big deal, I still think they made a brand new series looking bad (not that seriously... but I expect a lot from Yamato engrs). I expect consistency across the Destroids!

Well I'm guessing then it also says something like "Originally we made the pilot too small, the pilot that will be included is the proper size" and that's why there's a pic of two pilots. Crap, I'm bummed the yellow one may not be final. I don't want to get a collection of destroids and have them all look very similar.

Perhaps Tomahawk pilots are required to uniquely be below a certain.. ahem... stature in order to pilot the machine, given its restricted cockpit space. ^_^

Babel Fish translates about of the color thing

As for basic color of the D fender as expected being what kind of color? There was a source of trouble unexpectedly even here. Picture of televising that time, color setting data, box picture of related commodity of that time, turn declaration illustration…It means that all color tastes are different! In the picture which photographed the prototype coloring with image processing, while examining various types, while imitating to the setting picture, you do not break the atmosphere of the tank, “it is close to yellow, but it kept searching the color which also redness had”.

Babel Fish translates about of the pilot thing

In addition, it is thought as not yet appearance in the play, as a accessory “the magazine of long it was popular type” and, even with the tomahawk, in setting the “service soldier figure”. Not only the service soldier, if “you mention the D fender,…”The “patrol soldier” choice is done with feeling. When being able to let stand in the foot, contrastive figure that way composition in the setting picture actualizes. Furthermore it is detailed thing, but also the pilot figure has recreated going around more largely than the tomahawk. This time it is the result also size of the cockpit and the pilot boiling down securely vis-a-vis in regard to circumstances of the space the pilot becoming a little small at the time of the tomahawk.

Lobi ;)

Okay, so the D-fender pilot is bigger than the Tomo one, which means the Tomo pilot is smaller than all previous 1/60 pilots.

As for the color, it seems like Yamato didn't know which color to use since the Defender's colors kept changing from episode to episode, so they tried several hues on Photoshop. Too bad the article doesn't say which color they chose in the end. Personally I like the more orange color of the box.

Edit: Hey, Lobizon. Are you from Argentina too?

post-1636-1228453805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Babel Fish translates about of the color thing

As for basic color of the D fender as expected being what kind of color? There was a source of trouble unexpectedly even here. Picture of televising that time, color setting data, box picture of related commodity of that time, turn declaration illustration…It means that all color tastes are different! In the picture which photographed the prototype coloring with image processing, while examining various types, while imitating to the setting picture, you do not break the atmosphere of the tank, “it is close to yellow, but it kept searching the color which also redness had”.

Babel Fish translates about of the pilot thing

In addition, it is thought as not yet appearance in the play, as a accessory “the magazine of long it was popular type” and, even with the tomahawk, in setting the “service soldier figure”. Not only the service soldier, if “you mention the D fender,…”The “patrol soldier” choice is done with feeling. When being able to let stand in the foot, contrastive figure that way composition in the setting picture actualizes. Furthermore it is detailed thing, but also the pilot figure has recreated going around more largely than the tomahawk. This time it is the result also size of the cockpit and the pilot boiling down securely vis-a-vis in regard to circumstances of the space the pilot becoming a little small at the time of the tomahawk.

Lobi ;)

If you can point me to the Japanese text I can probably translate it.

I said it before and am saying it again.... I love that yellow color from the firs pics that were released. If the final color is like that of a CAT (or WALL-E) but not quite the color of a taxi then I will be really happy. I just hope they do not make it too brown/beige like the tomohawk, not because I do not like that color but because I think they should look more distinctly different.

Maybe, I've seen that skull somewhere before, but it was your member name that gave you away. With Ignacio Ocamica there's at least three of us here that I know of. Welcome to MW :)

Hahahaha :lol: yes my nick is very Argentinian and the Jolly Roger's skull avi it's just a random avatar I chose.

Thanks for the welcome ;)

Saludos Lonely Soldier Boy ;)

According to the shop owner from whom I frequently buy from, there's no news on the Tomahawk OD yet. I mean, he hasn't received the price info to place orders on them.

On the other hand, the Defender should be released before X'mas.

Anyone heard if the Olive Drab Tomahawk is on time for a December release?

Also, it seems strange that none of the online retailers I frequent has put up a preorder for the Defender yet. (HLJ, BBTS, LAF Toys, etc.)

Anyone heard if the Olive Drab Tomahawk is on time for a December release?

Also, it seems strange that none of the online retailers I frequent has put up a preorder for the Defender yet. (HLJ, BBTS, LAF Toys, etc.)

Im pretty sure the defender can be ordered from HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT09026

Im pretty sure the defender can be ordered from HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT09026

Sheesh, no wonder....It's classified as a "Completed Model." The regular Tomahawk was classified as a "Toy." And the OD Tomahawk is classified as an "Action Figure."

Thanks for the heads up! Been looking on HLJ every few days waiting for the preorder to show up for quite a while now haha.