The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

Guess it's a good thing since you have to be a paid Yamato member and you can only purchase one.

Yamato needs to start selling whatever they are smoking in the marketing department. That is some powerful stuff to cloud their minds like that.

When is the olive Tomahawk supposed to come out? I understand that Yamato needs to sell a couple of different versions of the mold but can we at least get through the rest of the destroids before doing repaints? If this comes out before the defender I think a lot of people will have to choose olive versus original.

Screw that... All SDF/DYRL all the time from now on... that thing is badass...

Am I the only one here posting?... oh so cool!

*takes off pants*

Ahhhhh.. so thats why the site was down for hours and hours.... *EXO takes pants off - the world crashes down....*

i blame EXO!

I am more concerned on space concern than money... As it is a new series, the costs would be amortized over the future...

I would get all the destroid models alright. The issue is only I would get 1 color or 2 colors (forget the weathering).

It would be a nicer sight with 8 destroids standing together, instead of just 4...

4 boxes of such size... That is around 2 big 1/48 boxes... I think I can live with that? Or not. I'll have to make space for the new 1J, 1D, 1As, Queadluun-Rau x2, RegaultS (!), ...

I know people who who already has a squad of 3 original Tomahawks... But I don't think I can attain to that level yet!

Damn.

Damn!

That Olive Drab Tomahawk is sweet!

I resisted the initial one because it just looked drab - but this guy is great.

Damn! Damn!

But yeah - it costs WAY TOO MUCH for a non-variable mecha! And it's not like the thing is all that poseable anyways.

I will pass and get the Bandai models instead I think.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my Tomahawk and man... this is just too awesome... kinda disappointed still with the no tampo BS but the detail is just insane. I like the fact that they included crew also. Here's a pic of a 1/60 crewman next to my 1/48 Roy. Roy looks gigantic because at 7'2" (actual) he's a giant even next to other 1/48 figures.

148roypb2.jpg

Damn.

Damn!

That Olive Drab Tomahawk is sweet!

I resisted the initial one because it just looked drab - but this guy is great.

Damn! Damn!

But yeah - it costs WAY TOO MUCH for a non-variable mecha! And it's not like the thing is all that poseable anyways.

I will pass and get the Bandai models instead I think.

Pete

He says as he is placing his order for the tomahawk....

I just got my Tomahawk and man... this is just too awesome... kinda disappointed still with the no tampo BS but the detail is just insane. I like the fact that they included crew also. Here's a pic of a 1/60 crewman next to my 1/48 Roy. Roy looks gigantic because at 7'2" (actual) he's a giant even next to other 1/48 figures.

148roypb2.jpg

I love the Roy you got there!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I hope to God it's delayed. Please... my wallet is BLEEDING... oh, nevermind, that's a hemorroid. Just kidding, but I do hope it's delayed. I never expected Toynami would actually release their Beta this year so now I have to scrape together another $150... and that Weathering Tomahawk was a pretty penny also.

So people here actually ordered the weathered version? Can you guys post pics?

I decided on the regular and OD and since both sport a showroom finish, I thought displaying them next to a Tomahawk that looks like it was abandoned at the Universal Studios lot for twenty years, would look too weird. That and having three Tomahawks is too much for me. Hell, two of the same is an excess!

I do dig the weathered version quite a bit tho'.

The Tomahawk and Defender both look nice, but I never was a big fan of the original Macross Destroid designs (although the HWR Monster is the best looking Destroid ever!). I'd prefer the Macross Zero Cheyenne's. Much cooler, and more interesting design: Macross Zero Cheyenne

C'mon Yamato, give us more Macross Zero 1/60th toys!!