The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

i remmeber when i first saw Robotech, I could neevr figure out where the cockpits on the destroids even were!

Same, but mostly for the Defender, and Spartan. We got to see the Tommo pilot with retracted canopy atleast.

I think the only Destroids shown on the series details with pilots and inside the canopy are Mac II an Tomohawk.

Can't remember the Spartan episode enough with Hikaru...

Fwiw, I can somehow justify the pricing on the Tomahawk, but just cannot on the Defender. I don't think I can justify the pricing on the Spartan, either, if that ever gets out.

I really think Yamato-Toys should significantly lower the pricing on the Defender and other upcoming Destroids.

:unsure:

Can someone translate please?

超時空要塞マクロス 1/60 デストロイド・トマホーク OD版 未定

超時空要塞マクロス 1/60 デストロイド・トマホーク ウエザリング仕様 未定

Weathered version and "OD" version Tomahwaks to come out sometime in the future.

Dunno what "OD' means.

Edited by Vifam7

Fwiw, I can somehow justify the pricing on the Tomahawk, but just cannot on the Defender. I don't think I can justify the pricing on the Spartan, either, if that ever gets out.

I really think Yamato-Toys should significantly lower the pricing on the Defender and other upcoming Destroids.

I don't think they will sell very well at the current price. I'm betting if we wait, we can get them at clearance prices...

yup, OD is Olive Drab.

i like it.

i just hope it doesn't cost more or even a limited edition. :(

does that mean they're gonna do an urban camo version too?

Hah! Olive Drab is official SLDF colors, iirc. Sweet!!! :lol:

Dunno if I'll be interested in any Camo-colors (urban or otherwise), tho.

Be nice if it was refferring to the VF-0D somehow but i don't want to get my hopes up. :(

Have a little faith my friend, stranger things have happened with Yamato so far. A VF-0D could easily be in the works!!!!!! As you can see I want one too!!

I love the new Defender (cough, cough Radar-X....cough) was always one of my favorites, 4 big cannons, simple, raw, love it!! Bring on the Spartan next!!!! :)

Edited by 505thAirborne

Have a little faith my friend, stranger things have happened with Yamato so far. A VF-0D could easily be in the works!!!!!! As you can see I want one too!!

I love the new Defender (cough, cough Radar-X....cough) was always one of my favorites, 4 big cannons, simple, raw, love it!! Bring on the Spartan next!!!! :)

I think your coughing the wrong way round. :p Radar X is RT! ;):p

0D will make it's way to us one day.

That's not weathered, it's a kaki green low vis 2 scheme :p

nah prefer the first version.

I thought someone had mentioned that the above links referred to both this OD version and a weathered version. Was fairly sleep deprived when I read that.

I will. :rolleyes:

Hell, I will too. Tell me they're really doing that and it's not just a custom mockup for display. I'm kind of iffy on the weathering schemes they've used on the vf-1s they put out, but it looks perfect on that destroid.

For once, my procrastination in not jumping right on the first one pays off. :D

Just a humorous observation on swapping the weapons modules between the Defender and the Tomahawk (assuming that will actually work)... you would end up with a Destroid with either two pilots or no pilot.

On the Tomahawk the pilot is in the main torso section, on the Defender the pilot is in the weapons module.