The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

THE DEFENDER IS MINE!!!!!

I am really stoked about this one. I passed on the Tomohawk but I am Definitely getting one.I personally like that heavy yellow color so much that I am considering doing a custom job on mine to make it that deep. Like bulldozer yellow, like a CAT loader or WALL-E.

Thanks for the pics!

... and the friggin economy is predicted to hit the fan here in the US...

Yeah... Winter heating bills on the way, too. :(

Its a good time - and a bad time - to be a Macross collector.

I have no idea where it comes from but apparently it is a yamato product:

"Imported from Japan! Ever dream of building your own mecha? Make that dream a reality with Yamato's latest collection, the Moe Moe Block: Hyper Armored Block figures! Incorporating the latest in modern weapon schematics, these figures present a realistic view of the mecha of the near-future as envisioned by famed designer Tatsumi Minegishi. What's more, the Moe Moe Block: Hyper Armored Block figures put the power to construct your own mecha in your very hands. Start with the first release in the series - the 003 T-Rex - and then build it out to your taste with upcoming accessory packs or interchange with parts from other figures in the series - or even other 1/48-scale figures! Window box packaging."

from http://www.kidnemo.com/index.php?main_page...roducts_id=3997

so I guess it's not from any particular anime/manga but just Tatsumi Minegishi's musings.

I have no idea where it comes from but apparently it is a yamato product:

"Imported from Japan! Ever dream of building your own mecha? Make that dream a reality with Yamato's latest collection, the Moe Moe Block: Hyper Armored Block figures! Incorporating the latest in modern weapon schematics, these figures present a realistic view of the mecha of the near-future as envisioned by famed designer Tatsumi Minegishi. What's more, the Moe Moe Block: Hyper Armored Block figures put the power to construct your own mecha in your very hands. Start with the first release in the series - the 003 T-Rex - and then build it out to your taste with upcoming accessory packs or interchange with parts from other figures in the series - or even other 1/48-scale figures! Window box packaging."

from http://www.kidnemo.com/index.php?main_page...roducts_id=3997

so I guess it's not from any particular anime/manga but just Tatsumi Minegishi's musings.

Thanks. Well that is pretty cool. I would like to customize one up with Macross decals.

And by the way I already have plans for my defender, weathering wash, clear coat, custom decals, clear coat. I am thinking that some bombshell decals would be cool for this in addition to some general UN SPACY and kites and big numbers, etc.

Thanks. Well that is pretty cool. I would like to customize one up with Macross decals.

And by the way I already have plans for my defender, weathering wash, clear coat, custom decals, clear coat. I am thinking that some bombshell decals would be cool for this in addition to some general UN SPACY and kites and big numbers, etc.

ooh, do that shot of the destroid with it's side blown off, slumped against a building.

Hi. Pseudo first-time poster here (Used to post here back before the forum software was changed a few years back and then stopped when I fell in with the evil that is MMOs).

Has anyone mentioned that the stickers that come with Tomahawk are a vast improvement over their previous releases or at least up to the YF-21 (I never picked up a v2 1/60 VF-1 so I have no clue how the stickers are on those)? I was very surprised when I started cutting the stickers to put on my Toma. They are akin to the takatoys stickers in that they are very thin and are a single layer, but not as shiny as the takatoys stickers. I hope they continue to make their stickers this way as our options for good alternative decals/stickers for new valks is pretty much dwindling or nil at the moment.

My GOD, the tomahawk is a fricking AWESOME toy. This just shows what Yamato is capable of when they get their crap in order. Great details, great joints, sturdy, wonderful. The new 1/60 valks are kinda 'meh' after playing with em (only exciting thing is that they can take the classic relaxed pose with the gun pointing up) but the tomahawk is pure love. Glad to see they're making more...

Those aren't missile racks. Those are ammo cartridges (or whatever they're called), the Defender has no missiles AFAIK.

Edit: We haven't seen the interior of the cartridges yet, only the ammunition mechanism below, but it seems they can be opened. I bet they're detailed with ammo belts inside.

They are suppose to be ammunition drums for the guns.

On the Defender? Those are cavities that the ammo is chain-fed into. Not missile rack bays like the Tomahawk. The covers are cosmetically similar, but different in function. They're covers on the Tomahawk, but ammo-boxes on the Defender.

(As a note, the classic 1/72 model kit has the same 'hidden' detail feature.)

Thanks guys for your replies. Haha....damn i'm so ignorant. :lol:

Well, my two Tomahawks have just arrived -- and I hadn't the chance yet to open them up fully. But I can tell you one thing I LOVE about these new products.

The instruction manuals are all of 4 pages. No more studying for the "Transforming Valkyrie 10X" Exam!

:D :D :D

Kind of like the yellow from that picture. The Rifleman..uhm..Defender looks a bit more dark and dirty than some of the other pics (so hopefully it is just camera flash making it look lighter in color than it actually is). Assuming I finally get my Warhammer..uhm..Tomohawk (Please ship already!) and I like it I'll get this one too. Now I just hope that there is an Archer..uhm..Spartan and a Marauder..uhm..Glaug coming out soon as well. It would also be awesome if they brought out a 1/60 Reguld.

Damn can anybody tell that I want to dust off my old Battletech stuff and start playing again?

Edited by logos

Hi. Pseudo first-time poster here (Used to post here back before the forum software was changed a few years back and then stopped when I fell in with the evil that is MMOs).

Has anyone mentioned that the stickers that come with Tomahawk are a vast improvement over their previous releases or at least up to the YF-21 (I never picked up a v2 1/60 VF-1 so I have no clue how the stickers are on those)? I was very surprised when I started cutting the stickers to put on my Toma. They are akin to the takatoys stickers in that they are very thin and are a single layer, but not as shiny as the takatoys stickers. I hope they continue to make their stickers this way as our options for good alternative decals/stickers for new valks is pretty much dwindling or nil at the moment.

The stickers for the VF-1 WERE a lot better, Im glad to hear thats continued.

Any pics or scans of the sticker sheet?

Well, here's one, albeit not fully intact, but you get the idea of what they included.

post-10222-1223596502_thumb.jpg

Here's some close-ups of a few stickers applied to the toy. Forgive the quality of the pics. I'm in the process of moving and don't have what I need to do better.

post-10222-1223596610_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1223596637_thumb.jpg

I haven't seen any pics with the toy stickered up either so here's a couple as well. It's kinda yellowish due to the crappy incandescent desk lamp I used.

post-10222-1223596786_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1223596794_thumb.jpg

I plan on trying to weather this thing like the Yamato one when I get the time to, so hopefully that will turn out well.

Interesting. While checking out the pics of the Defender on http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=14768, I noticed that the red sensor "eye" can slide up and down along that whole enclosure. I wondered how until I looked closely at that last pic which had the upper body removed and showed what looks like some kind of slide lever on the left hand side. It probably says it right on the blog, but I can't read Japanese. =P

I also just now noticed that it has an alternate extended ammo drum that you can plug in that extends past the back. Yes, I'm slow to notice these things >.<

Interesting. While checking out the pics of the Defender on http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=14768, I noticed that the red sensor "eye" can slide up and down along that whole enclosure. I wondered how until I looked closely at that last pic which had the upper body removed and showed what looks like some kind of slide lever on the left hand side. It probably says it right on the blog, but I can't read Japanese. =P

It looks like the eye goes up and down inside the enclosure based on the elevation of the cannons. If you look at the upper picture where the cannons are pointing skyward, the eye is in the upper portion of the clear chamber. So those leavers in the channels on either side probably attach to some internal extension of the cannon mountings.

Seems like a nice idea, but given Yamato's QC, I'd suspect we may find the feature to have a high failure rate.