Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Wow. I missed alot. I guess I have been spending too much on the GI Joe boards. :) Anyways... I am a staunch Yamato supporter where I have been accused of being a yamato fanboy. Yes I know some of theirs toys have issues like paint, stress marks, crookedness, etc... BUT THIS? Yamato has been making solid products like the yf-19, yf-21 and the destroids but good lord the hinge breaks on the vf-1 1/60 v2.0? I havent experienced it but I was so close to getting one that was broken. It was 50/50 shot and I lucked out as VK and I went in on getting the Roy. I didnt open them and randomly choose one to give to VK. VK was pissed when he got as he opened it and he told me to check mine. Mine was ok. upon closer inspection I can see why it breaks. That pin is too big where there is not enough support for it with the surrounding piece. What was yamato thinking? And ppl here complained that the 1/48s would break if you sneezed? I think that statement needs to be applied to the 1/60 v2.0. I can see that piece could break based how little material holds the pin even though mine has not broke as of yet.

Looking at their history with macross prior to 1/60 v2.0:

1/60 v1.0 -Transformation sucks but solid as a rock.

1/48 -transformation ruled and solid as a rock (Some would disagree since the bp8 issue but I havent encountered any so far knock on wood since I have so many but I havent opened all mine yet) minor paint smearing though.

1/100 Monster - no complaints.

1/60 VF-0S -transformation was ok.

1/60 VF-0A -Widely reported disintegration of the shoulders due to material. No real structural flaw.

1/60 SV-51 Ivanov -loosey goosey wings. Fixed with Nora's release

1/60 YF-19 -Solid but maybe too solid as it was hard to transform leaving stress marks with crooked gunpod position and rear landing gears. All were addressed in 2nd release and Combo pack release.

1/60 YF-21 -Solid no real issues. (correct me if I am wrong)

Now this? The release where everyone is anticipating for the 2-seaters to be included where it can be possibly done and done right. They say no one reported any issues in Japan? Nothing will change except QC will pay more closely attention? Are you joking? Sounds like corporate smokescreen or ppl in Japan dont play with the valks. This is a design issue. Pin is to big or you need more material to structural hold it or better material.

I am holding off despite the highly anticipated valks that could not be made as 1/48s will be in this series. We are paying prices 3/4 or closer to the price of a 1/48 only to get something that is inferior in design of not only the 1/48 but 1/60 v1.0 as well? I am sure most do not share my opinion but it is my opinion nonetheless.

1/100 Monster - no complaints.

Actually there were a lot of complaints about the Monster. The locking pegs for the legs were installed backward and (as far as I know) never fixed, the arm joints couldn't support the weight of the arms, those are the two that I remember the most vividly.

Actually there were a lot of complaints about the Monster. The locking pegs for the legs were installed backward and (as far as I know) never fixed, the arm joints couldn't support the weight of the arms, those are the two that I remember the most vividly.

Indeed, unless Godzilla got a magical perfect one, most of them were a floppy mess in every mode. I love the Monster, but it sucks displaying it in any mode. Shuttle mode is OK but still the legs look like they don't belong, and every other mode is a floppy mess.

Vostok 7

Question and I don't want to read the whole thread to find out. Is a VF-1J in Max's colors coming out in this 1/60 v2 scale and if so when? If it is too long I may just get a 1/48 Max with super parts instead (though I much more like the 1/60 scale, however 1/48 doesn't bother me at all ;) ).

Do you even have to ask if a 1J Max is going to come out? What was the last VF-1 series you saw that didn't have a Max 1J in it? So, that said, one hasn't been announced yet so you're probably looking at later in 2009 than sooner.

Do you even have to ask if a 1J Max is going to come out? What was the last VF-1 series you saw that didn't have a Max 1J in it? So, that said, one hasn't been announced yet so you're probably looking at later in 2009 than sooner.

No I knew it was assured it would happen, I just wanted a time table estimate, so thanks for that. Also keep in mind I don't own any Yamato valks at all so I wouldn't have been the one to know which series had what in it. However I can guess that no series would pass over the valk belonging to the ace of the Macross himself.

No I knew it was assured it would happen, I just wanted a time table estimate, so thanks for that. Also keep in mind I don't own any Yamato valks at all so I wouldn't have been the one to know which series had what in it. However I can guess that no series would pass over the valk belonging to the ace of the Macross himself.

Sorry, hope that last response didn't sound snotty, the ace couple are a sure fire bet. I think Yamatos schedule looks pretty open past the VF-1D and VF-1S Max so I'd guess that couple is around that horizon.

Sigh. Aside from the 1D, Super Ostrich, and Elintseeker I'm growing tiresome the VF-1.

Yamato should give us what all Macross fans want......a 1/60 VF-4 Lightning-III.

Sigh. Aside from the 1D, Super Ostrich, and Elintseeker I'm growing tiresome the VF-1.

Yamato should give us what all Macross fans want......a 1/60 VF-4 Lightning-III.

I would love to see that happen too.

But I guess Bandai 1/100 would have a better chance...

I really hope ver2 VF1 will come with a stand as well!

I just got the v2 VF-1S Hikaru and I love it.

However, I keep hearing a DIY on shoulder fixing, can someone point me to the thread on this topic. I can't seem to find it.

I'm curious to know if my valk has shoulder problem later, if I'd be able to fix it myself.

Thanks!

Whos to say they aren't working on one? Lord knows how long it took for them to work on the 1/60 YF-19, and that was based on a valk they'd already made! The VF-4 is pretty complicated, especially since it relies on a lot of anime magic to look right.

Vostok 7

I received the VF-1S Hikaru on Saturday. I noticed there was a black speck on the canopy that bugged me more and more everytime I looked at it. I determined it was on the bottom side of the canopy, so I tried to rub it off with tweezers. In doing so, I ended up scuffing that shiny layer, which to my surprise, was applied to the bottom of the canopy. The scuffing looked bad from the outer part of the canopy, so with some patience, Q-tips dipped in water, and toothpicks, I was able to remove the shiny layer completely, so now the canopy is clear making the earlier scuffing I made not so noticeable. I actually prefer it like this. I'll have to take a pic of it when I can find my camera, which is misplaced at the moment.

Edited by sidearmsalpha

Wow, this is real kick in the pants to all the 1/48 collectors willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a TV 1/48 Max. It's really nice to see how Yamato likes screw over it's fan base.

What's next? 1/48 (uber expensive and exclusive) TV Kaki and the a V.2 1/60 TV Kaki with a minimal price tag?

Wow, this is real kick in the pants to all the 1/48 collectors willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a TV 1/48 Max. It's really nice to see how Yamato likes screw over it's fan base.

What's next? 1/48 (uber expensive and exclusive) TV Kaki and the a V.2 1/60 TV Kaki with a minimal price tag?

one is a limited edition and the other is mass produced. No different than MR releasing a life size lightsaber replica for the big bucks and than a tiny little scale model for 50.