Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

As am I, but the thing is, with the dollar to yen as bad as it is, I just can't bring myself to make any major purchase from HLJ right now... that sale price will only get better if the dollar picks up.

Anyone think US dollars to Yen is bad...

Check on the Canadian Dollar rate to Yen, it is like paying around 20% more than 12 months ago! :(

Dollar to yen ratio sucks but what sucks more is that no matter what you pay, the shoulder hinges might still not be fixed.

I've got my VF-1A 1/60 v.2 with Super and Strike parts sitting here waiting for me to open her and tell you whether they are. Which I will in a moment...

Pete

Sorry for the double post, but I just got it out of the box and transformed it and...

$$(@($(@@(#$(!!! YAMATO!! BRKEN SHOULDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! FIGHDFGHDFHGI234UI345$#$$ HINGE!! GAAAAAHHH! GREEDY BASTARDS! I'M GNNNAA BRRRNNN YER STUFF AND ONLY BUY TOYNAMI NOW!!!

---

No actually - I'm just kidding. Yamato: Thank you for producing the best VF-1 in human history with not ONE QC flaw and with 110% durability (I attached the missiles while holding the wing in one hand and the fighter upside down - hanging on its' wing - this thing is DURABLE!) It transforms smoothly; none of the parts are too tight or too loose - everything is just right.

You have achieved perfection. I didn't dress him up in his super or strike parts. This is, by the way, my first Hikaru 1A (only have the Woodland color 1/48 1A up to now):

idy7th.jpg

Thank you Yamato!

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

So I've been staring at my VF-1J Hikaru 1/60.v2 box for the past week, terrified to open it. Has anyone reported any shoulder problems on this one? Or were you all too angry from the Roy VF-1S fiasco to even purchase one of these? To be fair, I've had no problems with my Roy (knock on wood), but I'm now so nervous to open this thing. I couldn't cancel the preorder in time, so now this pretty MISB toy just sits in my room, taunting me. :wacko:

Open it. My 1A is fine. 1 out of 2 of my 1S's were fine. I'm gettiong 2 IJs. They'll be fine too.

From what I know/have read there have been NO reports of bad hinges on anything EXCEPT about 30% of the 1Ss.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

For when you add the upcoming armor

Pete

Ahhhh nice to see Yamato thinking forward for once :D I hope we see more variations of the new 1/60s than we saw with the 1/48s even. I'm in the bag for a -1A CF, -1A Low Viz (1 and 2), the upcoming -1D, hopefully a VE-1 (Maybe the VFER-1 "Funny Chinese" too this time? Pretty please with a cherry on top?) and VT-1 and any other similar color scheme they come up with.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I would personally adore Yamato if they started to sell dioramas and cargo trucks, missile bays, 1/60 tech figures and the like.

Given that there are only so many variants of the VF-1 that you can make, and the fact that they have (wisely) decided to make everything in the 1/60 scale - they should start branching out and doing dioramas for this stuff.

Pete

I would personally adore Yamato if they started to sell dioramas and cargo trucks, missile bays, 1/60 tech figures and the like.

Given that there are only so many variants of the VF-1 that you can make, and the fact that they have (wisely) decided to make everything in the 1/60 scale - they should start branching out and doing dioramas for this stuff.

Pete

I agree. I think the figures that come with the Destroids are a good start.

Vostok 7

Sorry for the double post, but I just got it out of the box and transformed it and...

$$(@($(@@(#$(!!! YAMATO!! BRKEN SHOULDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! FIGHDFGHDFHGI234UI345$#$$ HINGE!! GAAAAAHHH! GREEDY BASTARDS! I'M GNNNAA BRRRNNN YER STUFF AND ONLY BUY TOYNAMI NOW!!!

---

No actually - I'm just kidding. Yamato: Thank you for producing the best VF-1 in human history with not ONE QC flaw and with 110% durability (I attached the missiles while holding the wing in one hand and the fighter upside down - hanging on its' wing - this thing is DURABLE!) It transforms smoothly; none of the parts are too tight or too loose - everything is just right.

You have achieved perfection. I didn't dress him up in his super or strike parts. This is, by the way, my first Hikaru 1A (only have the Woodland color 1/48 1A up to now):

idy7th.jpg

Thank you Yamato!

Pete

Sweet! Looks good! Do the shoulder pieces seem like POM to you? (Comparing to the 1/48 that you have)

Sweet! Looks good! Do the shoulder pieces seem like POM to you? (Comparing to the 1/48 that you have)

You know, amateur lawyer/economist I may be - but amateur chemist is going a bit too far even for me :)

Until I saw people using it with regard to plastic on this forum, the first thing that came to my mind when I thought of the word "POM" were cute cheerleaders. Hm. Then again - the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of ANY word is cute cheerleaders...so... maybe that's not a good analogy.

Anyways - I can tell you this much: I think the hinge-swing mechanism on the v.2 is far less heart-attack prone than the one on the 1/48. The arms on the v.2 really swing out naturally after you lift them out of their snug little niche (a niche which the 1/48 doesn't utilize).

But I couldn't tell you if they're POM or not - I dunno. All I know is that there are NO defects on this valkyrie - just like there were no defects on my first VF-1S (defective hinge on my second one though).

Hopefully, when my 1Js arrive, both will also be perfect. But - like I said - I haven't heard of anyone with a defective 1J or 1A - so it must have just been 30% of the 1Ss (30% because that's how many people voting in the poll answered "broken" - so I figure roughly that many were defective).

Pete

You know, amateur lawyer/economist I may be - but amateur chemist is going a bit too far even for me :)

Until I saw people using it with regard to plastic on this forum, the first thing that came to my mind when I thought of the word "POM" were cute cheerleaders. Hm. Then again - the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of ANY word is cute cheerleaders...so... maybe that's not a good analogy.

Anyways - I can tell you this much: I think the hinge-swing mechanism on the v.2 is far less heart-attack prone than the one on the 1/48. The arms on the v.2 really swing out naturally after you lift them out of their snug little niche (a niche which the 1/48 doesn't utilize).

But I couldn't tell you if they're POM or not - I dunno. All I know is that there are NO defects on this valkyrie - just like there were no defects on my first VF-1S (defective hinge on my second one though).

Hopefully, when my 1Js arrive, both will also be perfect. But - like I said - I haven't heard of anyone with a defective 1J or 1A - so it must have just been 30% of the 1Ss (30% because that's how many people voting in the poll answered "broken" - so I figure roughly that many were defective).

Pete

Hmm that bodes well for my -1J purchase then. Thanks alot! Yep I think that 30% figure is pretty accurate, on the old saw that people with broken Yamatos tend to make their grievances known rather than leave the forums and never come back, which is actually good for Yamato.

people with broken Yamatos tend to make their grievances known rather than leave the forums and never come back, which is actually good for Yamato.

Oh most definitely. Good job Macrossworld forum! I mean - I highly doubt it is a coincidence that the v.2 has:

-Tampoo printing instead of ugly stickers

-Astoundingly break-proof back pack

-New sturdy designed super and strike parts which don't risk the back pack and serve as stabilizers as well

-better more anime accurate hands

-engineered to be a two seater

I mean - is it really just coincidence that all of the things that 99.99% of the members of this forum have been whining about have been incorporated? All the more reason why the "Yamato is greedy" thread is not nice - Yamato is listening folks - the v.2 1/60 is proof.

Speaking of which...

Long ago - on one of the first threads announcing the version 2 1/60 VF-1, Graham mentioned that one of the features of the VF-1 would be a "surprise gimmick."

So...what's the surprise gimmick?

Pete

Long ago - on one of the first threads announcing the version 2 1/60 VF-1, Graham mentioned that one of the features of the VF-1 would be a "surprise gimmick."

Pete

The surprise gimmick is the ability of the 1/60 v2 to trun our wallets into transformable ones!!!

From full wallets they transform into empty ones!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Seriously, the added gimmick is the detachable front fuselage which can be clipped to the arm like the episode where Roy rescued Hikaru and Minmay.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Seriously, the added gimmick is the detachable front fuselage wich can be clipped to the arm like the episode where Roy rescued Hikaru and Minmay.

Are you serious? My VFs can do this but no one has told me? How ? Please show me...

Or is this something that only the 1D will be capable of?

Pete

Are you serious? My VFs can do this but no one has told me? How ? Please show me...

Or is this something that only the 1D will be capable of?

Pete

You haven't checked the instruction?? ^_^

Pics courtesy from Graham's review:

post-557-1229548342_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

You know, it's been bugging me, can someone tell me why the winglets on the legs fold? I don't get it.

Vostok 7

For when you add the upcoming armor

Pete

Also, if the finlets folded up (against the sides) instead of down, it would be accurate to the re-entry mode seen in the show. But down-folding finlets is close enough for me.

On another note, yesterday I thought of a mouth-watering, only-in-your-dreams yamato set: a 1/60 'support' 3 pack with a lancer, cat's eye and ghost.

Edited by DWN013

On another note, yesterday I thought of a mouth-watering, only-in-your-dreams yamato set: a 1/60 'support' 3 pack with a lancer, cat's eye and ghost.

Yummy.

Then we need a Support Pack II with a F203 Dragon II, a Commanchero and a LVT Avenger II

And then maybe even a VC-33 and VC-27 two-pack?

Vostok 7

I respect everyone's opinion and preference, and I very much agree 1/60 v2 is far more poseable with much better hands (not the extra hands though - a bit big even for my 1/48). I just want to share my views that 1/60 v2 is still far from perfect personally:

- The plate of the backpack fell off during my first transformation.

- Some joints are too tight (e.g. the extendable knees) that some people advise to unscrew the parts and fix it. I am skipping the shoulder problem as that is expected to be fixed.

- The fuselage and the collar bone area is ugly... That's a major problem to me.

- I hear people calling the legs "chicken legs". (personally, I think the legs are fine when you put on the FAST parts) I know some people like it sleek, but obviously some people think it's overdone...

- Unless you panel-line it, the engravings are unnoticeable a few feet away. (the 1/48 ones are more obvious)

Oh most definitely. Good job Macrossworld forum! I mean - I highly doubt it is a coincidence that the v.2 has:

-Tampoo printing instead of ugly stickers

-Astoundingly break-proof back pack

-New sturdy designed super and strike parts which don't risk the back pack and serve as stabilizers as well

-better more anime accurate hands

-engineered to be a two seater

I mean - is it really just coincidence that all of the things that 99.99% of the members of this forum have been whining about have been incorporated? All the more reason why the "Yamato is greedy" thread is not nice - Yamato is listening folks - the v.2 1/60 is proof.

Speaking of which...

Pete

Edited by ff95gj

Now that I've owned the 1/60 2.0 for a while, and have a couple, many of its charms have worn off. I still think it's the best VF-1 yet but the head placement seems to be bothering me more and more. I'm now think I prefer the 1/48 in Battroid mode.