Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

I tend to believe many people missed this news, not that they are not excited. So allow me to post again:

From Yamato site, updated release dates:

VF-1S Hikaru SSP: Dec 20

M&M Queadluun-Rau: Dec 18

Forgive me if you don't care about the Hikaru 1S anymore.

I care. I'm happy. See me jump for joy: :lol::p:D^_^:wub:

But your post also made me sad because when I saw "M&M" on one side and Dec 18th on the other I thought (yay! Max and Milya!) and then in the middle it said Queadluun-Rau and the air went out of my happiness baloon :)

Speaking of which - I have Milya's Quid Rau and never ever ever ever ever wanted Max's at all. Would be nice, since Yamato has done Olive Destroid Tomahawk to get a green Quid Rau - I'd be over those fast :)

Also - what is the status of the Quid Rau from Frontier?

Since it is a likeness of the Quid Rau for which Yamato has a license - can Bandai do one? I presume they can since I think the only difference is the cannon - although there may be others as well...

But anyways - I'd love a Klan Klan Quid Rau with fully poseable macronized Klan + cute little micro-klan statue :)

Pete

Queadluun-Raus are niche products for sure. The shop owner said he would get those for preorders only. :unsure:

VF-1S Hikaru is much more popular I am sure... Christmas time... Santa is red and white... Hikaru 1S is red and white...

BTW, I have just got the re-issue of the Focker 1S SSP today. It's a red December for me.

I care. I'm happy. See me jump for joy: :lol::p:D^_^:wub:

But your post also made me sad because when I saw "M&M" on one side and Dec 18th on the other I thought (yay! Max and Milya!) and then in the middle it said Queadluun-Rau and the air went out of my happiness baloon :)

Speaking of which - I have Milya's Quid Rau and never ever ever ever ever wanted Max's at all. Would be nice, since Yamato has done Olive Destroid Tomahawk to get a green Quid Rau - I'd be over those fast :)

I tend to believe many people missed this news, not that they are not excited. So allow me to post again:

i would have seen it if i had access for the last 2 days, thanks for that! 20th anit so bad at all! could be before new years for me!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

oh, we do care. most of us, at least.

i reckon it's just that most of us are either too broke coz of other stuff and/or just can't justify the current shitty exchange-rate. especially the shipping-cost for the toy.

personally, i will get the Hikaru-1Sv2 once the US-dollar is strong again. eventually.

Your being able to tell doesn't help me. Buy a 1/60v2 and let us know. Speaking of ABS though, isn't it easily the most logical choice for what the fists would be made of?

I have a v2 1/60 VF-1S Roy type.

Speaking of ABS though, isn't it easily the most logical choice for what the fists would be made of?

No because the pegs could snap off.

I have a v2 1/60 VF-1S Roy type.

No because the pegs could snap off.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of pegs on toys are made from ABS... including the pegs on the hands you'd have to remove to replace them with the fixed posed hands.

Hey all

Off topic - HLJ is having a sale on a few macross items - bout 20% off VF-1A and DYRL strike parts (in set or separately)... And a few other things like SV-51s. Thought you may want to know.

I so feel like I work for them!

Just throwing it out there. Feel free to throw it right back.

Oh, and of course 50% off 1/48 max and Miria super valks... :mellow:

Hey all

Off topic - HLJ is having a sale on a few macross items - bout 20% off VF-1A and DYRL strike parts (in set or separately)... And a few other things like SV-51s. Thought you may want to know.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of pegs on toys are made from ABS... including the pegs on the hands you'd have to remove to replace them with the fixed posed hands.

Yes but if the parts other than the TV hands had POM, then the 1S and 1D would have had POM listed, so far it is only listed on the 1J, and the 1J is the only one with TV hands so far, therefore, I think the TV hands are made of POM. If the shoulder hinges are, then GREAT that is what I've been hoping for, but if that were the case I wonder why Yamato did not list it for the Hikaru 1S and 1D. This is the very same reason I have been asking fans that own the 1J if they could tell if the shoulder hinges are made from POM or not. If I had one I would inspect it and report back immediately but I will not buy another unless I determine whether or not the issue has been taken care of.

Yes but if the parts other than the TV hands had POM, then the 1S and 1D would have had POM listed, so far it is only listed on the 1J, and the 1J is the only one with TV hands so far, therefore, I think the TV hands are made of POM. If the shoulder hinges are, then GREAT that is what I've been hoping for, but if that were the case I wonder why Yamato did not list it for the Hikaru 1S and 1D. This is the very same reason I have been asking fans that own the 1J if they could tell if the shoulder hinges are made from POM or not. If I had one I would inspect it and report back immediately but I will not buy another unless I determine whether or not the issue has been taken care of.

yes, me too.

I want to know that if 1J has the same shoulder hinges material as 1S... :mellow:

Any guess what the next 1/60 vf-1 would be produced, after the 1d get released. Is Yamato going to switch between the movie and tv designs? Or, primarily focus on the movie versions and only produce the main character valkyries from the tv show? Also, if yamato does release a tv version of the vf-1a would it be a repaint with the movie head, or would the battroid head be the tv show design?

Well they've got an easy sculpt of the A, J, and S, so we'll obviously see a DYRL/TV Max A and J, probably Miriya, and DYRL Kakizaki A, and I'm hoping TV versions of Kakizaki and Max and a Cannon Fodder....I think after that, they wont have anything else to do cept turning what's been 1/48'ed like Angel Birds, Low Viz and Stealth into 1/60's.

This toy is really difficult to photograph because of how bleached white it is. The light reflects a bit more off the surface so my lighting rig isn't soft enough. Since the shoulders exhibit this same problem with reflecting a bit too much light that the surrounding bits do I'm of the mind to say they must all be made of the same material. I've examined several pictures close up now and I can't discern a change in shade I'm afraid.

Hey all

Even though it`ll still be expensive with shipping price.

This toy is really difficult to photograph because of how bleached white it is. The light reflects a bit more off the surface so my lighting rig isn't soft enough. Since the shoulders exhibit this same problem with reflecting a bit too much light that the surrounding bits do I'm of the mind to say they must all be made of the same material. I've examined several pictures close up now and I can't discern a change in shade I'm afraid.

Did you take the pictures with flash? If you did, can you take one with flash turned off? Maybe against a dark background?

Holy crap on a stick isn't that the best Macross sale ever! :o saw it first thing this morning clickin on their macross listings...

Ivanov is on sale... ahrhhhhahhhh.

I'll report back if i give in to anything, probably will get a Strike FP pack 1/60 v.2 for sure though....

just... wow.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

As am I, but the thing is, with the dollar to yen as bad as it is, I just can't bring myself to make any major purchase from HLJ right now... that sale price will only get better if the dollar picks up.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. 1 to 90 isn't very good :( Hopefully the sale will be around for a little while.

Vostok 7