Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

I too, ordered from HLJ, and I've had mine for over 4 weeks. As for a report on the toy itself, it's a solid toy, no problems with the the arm, or broken, stressed pieces. As for vendors, I've ordered stuff from various people, and I have a couple orders from Overdrive, but HLJ usually is on point about shipping. As for Overdrive, I'll see how that goes when what I ordered is released.

I can definitely vouch for Overdrive's shipping. I'm pretty sure I had my Tomahawk before any HLJers did. They also have worked with me in the past about when to ship when numerous items were being released within a month. There's a reason why they're the only Japanese company I've endorsed on my site.

I too am waiting for my Destroid Tomahawk from LAF... was charged on the 3rd and still notta & no reply to email. Got my non-strike Roy from them just fine, so probably no worries.

I got my Higgy from my bro-in-law (who is stationed in Okinawa) a few weeks ago. No problems to report. I wonder when the 1D pre-orders will go up, and what might be coming out after that!

Got my VF-1A v2 yesterday ^_^ It's my 1st VF-1 since the circa 1980's chunky.

Anyways, loving the new v2's, the attention to detail is exquisite. My only complaint is that during transformation, "decapitating" the head is almost unavoidable, because of the positioning of the leg swing bar. If someone knows how to do it without cheating, please share. It's a very minor thing for me anyways since I love the fast-packed fighter mode the best, and it shall be my permanent display-mode.

I'm sitting on my hands in anticipation for looks like the best valk yet, and I'm especially looking forward to being able to remove the head as a sloppy ttransformation took the headlasers off of my 1/48 VF-1S a few years back. All criticism aside I'm looking forward to getting at least 3 plus S&S packs.

Some info about the 1D in yesterday's Yamato's Online news mail:

Q:来年発売予定の1/60完全変形1Dの機首部は他のVF-1とは違うんですか?

A:複座仕様になるため、機首・バックパックが他のVF-1よりも長くなっております。

Google translate:

Q: will be released next year, 1 / 60 complete distortion of the nose section 1D of the VF-1 and the other not?

A: Because two-seat version, the nose of the Backpacks other than the VF-1 is longer.

Babelfish:

Q: The nose section of 1/60 complete deformation 1D of next year sale schedule is different from other VF-1, it is?

A: Because it becomes double seat specification, nose [batsukupatsuku] has become longer than other VF-1.

dates may change but off the top of my head -

Hikaru VF-1J w/Super FP parts (this month) <-- still no confirm thast it has Strike Cannon?

Hikaru VF-1J

Destroid Defender (December)

Hikaru VF-1S w/Strike FP (around december) <--- can't wait for this one!!!! We should be getting the early bird pre-order soon.

Hikaru VF-1S

Hikaru VF-1D (next year january or Feb??)

what else has been confirmed?

GNU's, 1/100's aren't interesting enough for me to keep track.

:edit: here's a linky - http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&fr...chpage=top_page

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Some info about the 1D in yesterday's Yamato's Online news mail:

Google translate:

Q: will be released next year, 1 / 60 complete distortion of the nose section 1D of the VF-1 and the other not?

A: Because two-seat version, the nose of the Backpacks other than the VF-1 is longer.

If this means the actual nose is longer, along with a longer canopy (which is what matters), and the thing we've seen is just a prototype, then I'll be soooo happy.