Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Gently remove the shoulder armor and then loosen the shoulder screws. To further avoid breakage, when going from fighter to gerwalk, gently lift the hinge above the stopper/bump that keeps the hinge in place in gerwalk/battroid modes.

Yeah. I was reading up on that. The thing is that I am much to reticent to even try to transform it because the defect exists. Secondly...all thumbs. What I may do is get another at some point and transform that one. I hear the 1A doesn't have the same tightness leading to snapping problem, but I never really got into the Hikky 1A. I may wait for a CF (if it is made). Right now, I am making some financial changes as well. That tends to kill disposable income. I'll probably get another one in November.

hey macrossman what are you gonna do with the busted vf-1j of yours?

btw my vf-1a hikaru is finally here. will take pics later

I'd like to keep them as only the backpack broke from the fighter. According to the company they must have the broken items for accounting purposes and plus they like to show their employees what can result if they're not careful. I'm to see if I can convince them to take pictures and let me keep the items. If I am able to keep them holler at in PM if you're interested in them. Who knows, if I get to keep them I might try my hand at a custom one day...

:blink:

OO

new pics... B))

2864256250_b8d6418d94.jpg

Wow! These pictures are simply insane! I'm more impressed with the pictures than the valk itself! Just plain beautiful!!!

This new 1/60 just makes the 1/48's and the v1 1/60 butt-backwards wrong! It's like everything that could have been fixed has been fixed!

Now if Yamato would only make this in 1/48 scale!!!

more pics here

**clears throat** BAAAADDDDD A$$$$$$$!!!!

Yeah....I'm talking about you and your mad picture taking skillz!!!

THANKS for posting those. I want mine soooooooooooo bad!

:ph34r:

nice pics! 1A looks mighty fine. (one of the pics of the 21 looks like it's taking a dump, LOL laugh.gif )

Wow! These pictures are simply insane! I'm more impressed with the pictures than the valk itself! Just plain beautiful!!!

This new 1/60 just makes the 1/48's and the v1 1/60 butt-backwards wrong! It's like everything that could have been fixed has been fixed!

Now if Yamato would only make this in 1/48 scale!!!

**clears throat** BAAAADDDDD A$$$$$$$!!!!

Yeah....I'm talking about you and your mad picture taking skillz!!!

THANKS for posting those. I want mine soooooooooooo bad!

thank you guys

i love my 1/48's but damn these v2 1/60's are soooo valkalcious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

one thing i dont like about the new 1/60's is that they cant stand straight in battroid mode especially with FP's attached.

one more....

2864597744_33311e4264.jpg

Edited by Vegas

The 1/60 2.0 canopy appears tinted compared to the 1/48 line. Is this the case?

If you look at pictures on the first page you can see how "rainbow" like it is. It's really not that bad at all. I don't really notice it too much in passing...but sometimes it catches my eye and I revert back to my dumb founded self "oooooooo shinnnnyyyyy" :wacko:

:lol:

Awesome pics Vegas! Looks very kewl on the reflective surface. What is that anyway?

Thanks for covering that question Dante..... ^_^ .....I was just about to ask him after seeing that last pic. I really would like to acquire something like that for my photos. I still need to make/buy a light box and a tripod. I can't keep making my flexi stand a tripod....it's just not good enough. <_< .

I have a question: did you have to lower the fuselage in battroid to make the head sit correctly (a murky sentence, I know, but from the official pics the 1S and A heads in battroid are level with the shoulders, and they shouldn't).

You can see that he did, yes, because the bottom of the cockpit it peeking out from under the heatshield. You get to pick one or the other; a misaligned heat shield or a head at the top of the shoulders.

Honestly, I thought it would be more noticeable but the head placement looks totally fine on the in-hand model.

Yeah. I was reading up on that. The thing is that I am much to reticent to even try to transform it because the defect exists.

My fix for the shoulders should prevent breakage during posing. The tip that David came up with for lifting the shoulder hinge over the stoppers should prevent breakage during transformation. So far mine has not broken. I do wish the mechanism was designed to be more secure and far more durable but for now, the solutions that have been devised are good band aids.

Alrighty, so how many have we seen broken at the shoulder? I remember seeing one on a Japanese forum, and was it two here? I think there may have been a fourth on another toy blog somewhere. So are we at four or did I miss a few MWers with broken shoulders?

Alrighty, so how many have we seen broken at the shoulder? I remember seeing one on a Japanese forum, and was it two here? I think there may have been a fourth on another toy blog somewhere. So are we at four or did I miss a few MWers with broken shoulders?

I'm not absolutely positive since we did not get an accurate poll. I know that I am one WITH a broken shoulder. The fix was not found till it was too late. :( . But now I know it for my 2nd Roy.

I think its between 3-5 reported. I think we have pretty much narrowed down what causes the breakage, and how to prevent it.

Tough break (no pun intended) Misterryno! There's at least 5 reported then (and I think it's safe to say, on MW people LOVE to report their problems) so at least we're not looking at a full-fledged epidemic. Just the same, I think I'll make mention of this next time I update my 2.0 post (probably with pictures of the Super Hikaru when that comes out).

Awesome pics Vegas! Looks very kewl on the reflective surface. What is that anyway?

to ryno and dante74: i was using a polished table top that i got from work.

to Nexx Stalker: yup just what quinjester said.

to ryno and dante74: i was using a polished table top that i got from work.

Nice.....I need to get one of those. I am sure I can find something like that.

You can see that he did, yes, because the bottom of the cockpit it peeking out from under the heatshield. You get to pick one or the other; a misaligned heat shield or a head at the top of the shoulders.

Honestly, I thought it would be more noticeable but the head placement looks totally fine on the in-hand model.

I was afraid the fuselage was locked in place when in battroid, and that was the only restrain I still had to buy one of these new toys. I guess soon a Roy and Hikaru 1J will be my new freinds :)

I'm doing Shin's shoulder mod tonight, and took a pic to show people the post that holds the armor on the shoulder----it's very shallow, around 1mm. You only need to just barely pry the shoulder armor halves outwards a bit to allow it to slip off. Note that there's a post on each side of the shoulder. (excuse the grain, I'm photographing by chandelier light) ::edit:: left arm armor was harder to get on and off--I think the posts are like 0.2mm longer on that side or something::

hi, after i found out my vf-1s shoulder broke, i get a replacement part from HLJ.

HLJ sent me the replacement part. before i carry out the 'mini surgery', i decided to play with the part a while. as u c, the part act like a hinge. however, after a few swing, a crackline shows up.

my conclusion is tat there is a problem with the material+ pin. even u loosen the screw to the main body, it is just a matter of time before the part break off...

post-9836-1221804161_thumb.jpg

post-9836-1221804191_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcsiaw

Ok these shoulder hinges SUCK. I was transforming my VF-1S and doing the mod Shin spoke of and bam on the right shoulder hinge i noticed a part of plastic at the hinge cracking. Granted it still works, but maybe after a few more transformations i can kiss the right arm goodbye. :angry: So HLJ is selling replacement parts for the shoulders?

Ok these shoulder hinges SUCK. I was transforming my VF-1S and doing the mod Shin spoke of and bam on the right shoulder hinge i noticed a part of plastic at the hinge cracking. Granted it still works, but maybe after a few more transformations i can kiss the right arm goodbye. :angry: So HLJ is selling replacement parts for the shoulders?

<_< reply from HLJ:

"...the replacement (shoulder part is) about 1500 yen each :wacko: . please contact parts@hlj.com if you would like to order them..."

hope this help.

Sigh, I guess it's back to square one with Yamato. <_<

And I was anxiously awaiting December to come, so I could finally pick up my VF-1S Hikaru.

But after these shoulder problems, I'm not so sure anymore.

Quite frankly at this point I've lost complete faith in Yamato ever bringing out flawless Macross toy.

Good thing those "Dick Heads" entered the Macross market, at least we have alternatives for the future.

The strangest part of this whole bit is that the particular part and place that is breaking is extremely similar on a lot of other toys and there aren't any prolbems there. Heck, even the VF-0 toy has a very similar part and that's the one part that never breaks on the VF-0's otherwise terribly put together shoulder area. Then again, maybe that part would break more if the rest of the shoulder didn't crumble away before it had the chance.

hi, after i found out my vf-1s shoulder broke, i get a replacement part from HLJ.

HLJ sent me the replacement part. before i carry out the 'mini surgery', i decided to play with the part a while. as u c, the part act like a hinge. however, after a few swing, a crackline shows up.

my conclusion is tat there is a problem with the material+ pin. even u loosen the screw to the main body, it is just a matter of time before the part break off...

Why did you loosen the screw highlighted? Was that the one you thought you should be loosened to ease tension in the shoulders? The screws we loosened are the ones on the shoulder itself, which eases tension on the hinge while posing the arm. Also did you move the hinge by itself, or was the arm attached when you were moving it(the replacement hinge)?

Hmmmm.....this is all very interesting. First thing I will do once I receive the rest of my V.2 1/60s....I will be VERY VERY CAREFUL then I will loosen any shoulders that need to be loosened.....then I will be VERY VERY CAREFUL.

Why did you loosen the screw highlighted? Was that the one you thought you should be loosened to ease tension in the shoulders? The screws we loosened are the ones on the shoulder itself, which eases tension on the hinge while posing the arm. Also did you move the hinge by itself, or was the arm attached when you were moving it(the replacement hinge)?

sori, i thought tat is the screw tat need to be loosen, as tat tight screw is the one which make the shoulder difficult to 'go over' the block/tab.

arm was not attached when i moved the hinge, as i want to try if the 'pin holder' will break up even there is no loading/stress.

anyway, i m getting some shoulder (hinge) to try again.

Edited by mcsiaw

And on a lighter note, Roy found himself a tight ride that's not only about the right size, but it's even in the right color scheme as well.

PICT2815.JPG

He won it in a poker game from Racer X and boy was he pissed when Roy laid down his Royal Straight Flush, LOL! :lol:

This is the diecast 1:64 scale Hot Wheels version that has it's own little display case, but this car is bigger than my Johnny Lightning cars, I'd say this is actually closer to 1:60 because Roy fits in there so well.

I was looking at the car and my two Roy 1S Valks sitting here on my computer desk and thought it might fit and it did! ^_^

-Kyp

And on a lighter note, Roy found himself a tight ride that's not only about the right size, but it's even in the right color scheme as well.

He won it in a poker game from Racer X and boy was he pissed when Roy laid down his Royal Straight Flush, LOL! :lol:

This is the diecast 1:64 scale Hot Wheels version that has it's own little display case, but this car is bigger than my Johnny Lightning cars, I'd say this is actually closer to 1:60 because Roy fits in there so well.

I was looking at the car and my two Roy 1S Valks sitting here on my computer desk and thought it might fit and it did! ^_^

-Kyp

:lol: That's too funny. If you get the number on the side changed Roy would be that much closer to having his own sports car. I actually think that care is closer to 1/64...because Roy is just slightly to big so that he is looking out over the windshield it seems. Got any side views?

:lol: That's too funny. If you get the number on the side changed Roy would be that much closer to having his own sports car. I actually think that care is closer to 1/64...because Roy is just slightly to big so that he is looking out over the windshield it seems. Got any side views?

PICT2818.JPG

PICT2819.JPG

As you can see from the top view, Roy's ass and legs fit the seat perfectly, but he is just slightly too tall. He still looks really good sitting in there, I may just leave one of the two 1S pilots in there permanently. :p

He won't even come close to fitting in my other Johnny Lightning cars and since the Racer X car and seats are noticeably bigger, it leads me to believe that it's actually closer to 1/60 scale.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron