Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

A bit OT but useful:

misterryno---buy some Sanyo "eneloop" batteries. Worth every penny. They're rechargables that DON'T LOSE THEIR CHARGE OVER TIME. I think I've only had to charge them once since buying them last year...

They have a bit lower capacity than high-end modern batteries, but are equal to the capacity of "normal" batteries from a couple years ago. And unless you're doing extended photo shoots at an airshow or sporting event where you need every minute of power and flash-charging, the trade-off is well worth it.

I keep 2 sets of batteries on hand for my camera---1 high-capacity set that I charge the night before an airshow etc (since they'll lose like 5% power each day just sitting there), and 1 set of eneloops that are kept in the camera at all other times.

A bit OT but useful:

misterryno---buy some Sanyo "eneloop" batteries. Worth every penny. They're rechargables that DON'T LOSE THEIR CHARGE OVER TIME. I think I've only had to charge them once since buying them last year...

They have a bit lower capacity than high-end modern batteries, but are equal to the capacity of "normal" batteries from a couple years ago. And unless you're doing extended photo shoots at an airshow or sporting event where you need every minute of power and flash-charging, the trade-off is well worth it.

I keep 2 sets of batteries on hand for my camera---1 high-capacity set that I charge the night before an airshow etc (since they'll lose like 5% power each day just sitting there), and 1 set of eneloops that are kept in the camera at all other times.

Hell yeah.....GREAT!!! Where can I buy them?

:ph34r:

EDIT----> Found them....THANKS!!!

Edited by misterryno

i have a woman. Im just nuts. She's pretty understanding though, which is cool. Macross stuff i get away with more coz she thinks its 'classy.' And i think i could keep buying Saint Seiya's indefinitely ("Oooooo, they're so shiney!"). Gundam she's ok with. Everything else is 50/50 depending on the toy. Except Transformers. She HATES Transformers.

You lucky bastard. Maybe I'll run into one like that in my travels. ;)

Found this in Yamato's latest newsletter, and I think somebody was asking about it:

Q:旧1/60VF-1のアーマードパーツは新1/60VF-1シリーズに装着出来ますか?

A:装着できる様にはなっておりません。新1/60VF-1でもアーマードパーツの販

売を企画中ですので今後の展開をお待ち下さい。

web translate:

Q: Old 1 / 60 VF-1 of the new Armored 1 / 60 VF-1 series attached?

A: It is like you can wear. New 1 / 60 VF-1 Armored But sales

Sold in planning future development, so please look forward.

edit: sp

Edited by GGemini

^So in other words, sales will determine if the GPB armor will get made or not.

I'm betting that we're gonna see everything that came out for the V1 1/60's and the 1/48's in this new V2 1/60 line as well.

And since they're making Hikaru and Minmay figures for the 1D, you can bet on seeing Hikaru and/or both Misa and Minmay for the VT-1 as well.

Yep, I'm even betting on a Low Vis 1 & 2, Stealth 1J, DRYL Max 1S, T.V. Max 1A, and possibly even a T.V. Kakizaki 1A as well.

You heard it here first! :lol:

-Kyp

^So in other words, sales will determine if the GPB armor will get made or not.

I'm betting that we're gonna see everything that came out for the V1 1/60's and the 1/48's in this new V2 1/60 line as well.

And since they're making Hikaru and Minmay figures for the 1D, you can bet on seeing Hikaru and/or both Misa and Minmay for the VT-1 as well.

Yep, I'm even betting on a Low Vis 1 & 2, Stealth 1J, DRYL Max 1S, T.V. Max 1A, and possibly even a T.V. Kakizaki 1A as well.

You heard it here first! :lol:

-Kyp

Low Vizzzzz....drooool...

I love the V.1 1/60 VT-1 and VE-1 so much I can hardly imagine the possibility of them being improved aesthetically (at least in fighter mode). Sure, the battroids would be better in v.2 and the overall structural mechanical design would be improved. I am curious if they actually will revisit the VT-1 and VE-1 and if they do I will be wondering how I am going to afford to buy all these expensive freakin toys!

I love the V.1 1/60 VT-1 and VE-1 so much I can hardly imagine the possibility of them being improved aesthetically (at least in fighter mode). Sure, the battroids would be better in v.2 and the overall structural mechanical design would be improved. I am curious if they actually will revisit the VT-1 and VE-1 and if they do I will be wondering how I am going to afford to buy all these expensive freakin toys!

That's only two. What about the completionists (is that a word?) among us? The have to start all over.

In a way, I'm glad I can only afford the ones I like. :rolleyes:

Well, they managed to greatly improve the appearance of all 3 modes from V1 with the VF-1S/A/J/D so far, just what makes you think that won't be true for the VT-1 and VE-1's?

-Kyp

definitely the 1 / 60 v2 are as good as the 1 / 48 for me ire by 1/60v2 line and from what I have seen that Yamato was inclined now by 1 / 60 and I think I would like also ke Many fan of this masterpiece called Macross share the wish that Yamato launch a booster Valkyrie

Well, they managed to greatly improve the appearance of all 3 modes from V1 with the VF-1S/A/J/D so far, just what makes you think that won't be true for the VT-1 and VE-1's?

-Kyp

It is like a sentimental toy getting replaced with another, newer one, it just isnt the same. But seriously the new, yet to be released, VF-1D looks billions times better than the first. I just think that the Eilntseeker and Ostrich are so gorgeous in Fighter mode I wonder if I will even need to replace them with the new versions or not.

It is like a sentimental toy getting replaced with another, newer one, it just isnt the same. But seriously the new, yet to be released, VF-1D looks billions times better than the first. I just think that the Eilntseeker and Ostrich are so gorgeous in Fighter mode I wonder if I will even need to replace them with the new versions or not.

You know you will, don't deny it. :p

-Kyp

I'm sure they would. They did the 1D, and with the generally good reception this version 2's are getting, I don't see any reason why they won't. But frankly, though, if I could, I'd still get the version 1 of the VE and the VT. The version 1's will stay in either fighter or gerwalk mode (for dioramas), while the ver 2's will be displayed in all their battroid glory :) I'm betting that once the version 2's come about, secondary market prices for version 1's would significantly drop down in price :)

I'm betting that once the version 2's come about, secondary market prices for version 1's would significantly drop down in price :)

*Points to sig*

I've been saying that since the day Graham confirmed that it was a 1/60 V2 perfect transformation toy that was designed from the start to have two seat variants. ;)

-Kyp

I wonder if I will even need to replace them with the new versions or not.

Join us Miriya!.....Kyp and I are your friends! Don't you wanna be cool like us and have all the new toys?!? :huh:

*Points to sig*

I've been saying that since the day Graham confirmed that it was a 1/60 V2 perfect transformation toy that was designed from the start to have two seat variants. ;)

-Kyp

haha yup, true that :lol: best part is, the ver 1 and 2s can coexist in my collection as they'll serve different purposes :lol:

Finally got my 1/60 Scale VF-1S Roy Focker with the super packs and I love it! Hands down the best in initial product quality (from my limited experience). I love the way that it feels so solid in my hands. My only grip is the bloody hip bar (and from this thread apparently I am not the only one). Got a feeling that one of these days I might break it but considering I will only probably have this Valk in Fighter and Gerwalk mode it's fine. It looks so awesome in those modes!

My only grip is now I am going to have buy the VF-1J now too. There goes that Tomohawk I was going to purchase....

Quick question as well. How does the cockpit/nose come off? Can't figure out how it goes and if I buy a VF-1A or J I want Hikaru saving Roy this time!

Included a couple of pics. One has my new valk and the other I included for fun. Now I only need the 1/60 from Frontier and I can hopefully stop for awhile......who am I kidding!

post-9075-1219238461_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1219238491_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Join us Miriya!.....Kyp and I are your friends! Don't you wanna be cool like us and have all the new toys?!? :huh:

No. But I think I will join you two in selling *** in the alley for *****. :unsure:

Just Kidding. I love you guys and will succumb to purchasing every macross item ever made (eventually).

Edited by miriya

Finally got my 1/60 Scale VF-1S Roy Focker with the super packs and I love it! Hands down the best in initial product quality (from my limited experience). I love the way that it feels so solid in my hands. My only grip is the bloody hip bar (and from this thread apparently I am not the only one). Got a feeling that one of these days I might break it but considering I will only probably have this Valk in Fighter and Gerwalk mode it's fine. It looks so awesome in those modes!

My only grip is now I am going to have buy the VF-1J now too. There goes that Tomohawk I was going to purchase....

Quick question as well. How does the cockpit/nose come off? Can't figure out how it goes and if I buy a VF-1A or J I want Hikaru saving Roy this time!

Included a couple of pics. One has my new valk and the other I included for fun. Now I only need the 1/60 from Frontier and I can hopefully stop for awhile......who am I kidding!

you mean like the 1/48s? they dont.

Quick question for all you 1/60 lovers out there: has anybody parted out and/or broken a VF-1S? mine appears to be missing a small piece of the left leg fin (the forward/yellow "base" of the fin, the non-pivoting portion). I combed through the box but, if it was ever loose in there, it isn't any longer. Is there ANY chance that one of you guys might have a spare off of a broken valk that you'd be willing to sell?

Thanks,

DG

Sweet pics logos. Do your co-workers dig it?

Ah you noticed that was from an office.

A guy 4 cubilcles away from me has starwars stuff displayed in his office so nobody says anything except the shop guys. I check'em if they do so they've learned. The only person who is really interested in them is the resident old fart who is a WWII plane fanatic (he thinks the P-47 is the greatest plane ever made). He is also into Starwars. He looks at them everytime he goes buy and sometimes comments that the wings are too small and they will never fly and I gust laugh and shake my head.

Pics are ok. I took them with my KAZR so they could be way better. Here is another one just for S&G.

post-9075-1219264133_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Er...if he's referring to your 1S or your 0S, then he needs to stop smoking crack. They're both based off the F-14 and I'd be willing to bet that with little to no modifications to the basic design, they'd fly just fine.

If he's talking about with the fast packs on, tell him that's for space flight only.

The YF-19, I'm not so sure about though... :unsure:

And to remove the fuselage, all you have to do is pull the 1S head off and then pull the fuselage straight out. Just make sure the small gray piece that the head sits on is pushed in far enough first after you pull the head off.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Broke down and bought one from HLJ (no place local or online that i normally shop had them in stock), I wont be getting all the new 1/60 maybe this one and and 2 seater's. but i'm sold on it now. ^_^

Quick question for all you 1/60 lovers out there: has anybody parted out and/or broken a VF-1S? mine appears to be missing a small piece of the left leg fin (the forward/yellow "base" of the fin, the non-pivoting portion). I combed through the box but, if it was ever loose in there, it isn't any longer. Is there ANY chance that one of you guys might have a spare off of a broken valk that you'd be willing to sell?

Thanks,

DG

I broke that exact same piece when I tried to fold the fin without pull it out first. If you try to glue it back on, you'll never be able to open the leg landing gears without the door breaking it off again. Also watch out for the kind of glue you use. I used some sort of clear plastic cement that my brother had lying around and the yellow paint started coming off on my fingers.

I was noticing---the upcoming TV Hikaru VF-1J doesn't have a modex number printed on the ventral fin. Now, no Yamato DYRL valk does, because they're tiny, and they already have large modex numbers on the nose and wings. But Hikaru's TV 1J *only* (canonically AFAIK) has its modex numbers on the ventral fins---so without them being printed on the ventral fins, that means he has none at all. And that sucks IMHO. *Every* valk should have its modex number printed on it SOMEWHERE. I understand that a few of the tiny ones aren't printed on Skull squadron ones, etc----but when a valk *only* has them on the ventral fins, and they're large, they should be printed.

This will also affect Max and Milia---they also have their numbers ONLY on the ventral fins, not the nose or wings.

We need to convince Yamato that the TV 1J's need their numbers printed on their ventral fins---or we will be getting a lot of 1J's that have no numbers printed on them at all. What valk each number has is an important fact, based on how often it comes up in MW discussions. For TV 1J's, Hikaru is 101, Max is 202, and Milia is 303. But those 3 valks only have them printed on the ventral fins, unlike nearly every other VF-1 which has them on the nose and wings. If Yamato isn't printing them on the ventral fins, then we're missing some MAJOR markings of the TV 1J.

I mean, what's the point of all the little danger/intake markings on the new 1/60, when the large and distinctive modex numbers aren't being printed? Forget the little red triangle under the canopy, I want a big "303" on my Milia!

Noted, and thanks! Unfortunately, I need to find a replacement piece before I can actually think about gluing it on :(

I broke that exact same piece when I tried to fold the fin without pull it out first. If you try to glue it back on, you'll never be able to open the leg landing gears without the door breaking it off again. Also watch out for the kind of glue you use. I used some sort of clear plastic cement that my brother had lying around and the yellow paint started coming off on my fingers.

I was noticing---the upcoming TV Hikaru VF-1J doesn't have a modex number printed on the ventral fin. Now, no Yamato DYRL valk does, because they're tiny, and they already have large modex numbers on the nose and wings. But Hikaru's TV 1J *only* (canonically AFAIK) has its modex numbers on the ventral fins---so without them being printed on the ventral fins, that means he has none at all. And that sucks IMHO. *Every* valk should have its modex number printed on it SOMEWHERE. I understand that a few of the tiny ones aren't printed on Skull squadron ones, etc----but when a valk *only* has them on the ventral fins, and they're large, they should be printed.

This will also affect Max and Milia---they also have their numbers ONLY on the ventral fins, not the nose or wings.

We need to convince Yamato that the TV 1J's need their numbers printed on their ventral fins---or we will be getting a lot of 1J's that have no numbers printed on them at all. What valk each number has is an important fact, based on how often it comes up in MW discussions. For TV 1J's, Hikaru is 101, Max is 202, and Milia is 303. But those 3 valks only have them printed on the ventral fins, unlike nearly every other VF-1 which has them on the nose and wings. If Yamato isn't printing them on the ventral fins, then we're missing some MAJOR markings of the TV 1J.

I mean, what's the point of all the little danger/intake markings on the new 1/60, when the large and distinctive modex numbers aren't being printed? Forget the little red triangle under the canopy, I want a big "303" on my Milia!

I agree with you David regarding the modex numbers. collectors would get the same model even if the difference is only the numbers. Thats how important they are.

Did not notice that the 1J does not have any numbers at all.

It will be a total waste to use the sticker set for those numbers alone.