Saotome Alto's real life counterpart??

BlueMax

There were moments where I thought he was a girl too .... it's hime-sama!!!

When I watched ep 1 with no sound, for a while I thought he was a chick, too!!

I know better now but man, he's femmy

and so is this other 18 year old Saotome kid, he's SUUUUPER femmy, but my okinawan girlfriend tells me that most japanese guys (in japan) are pretty femmy these days.

Best,

RF-26AAC

When I watched ep 1 with no sound, for a while I thought he was a chick, too!!

I know better now but man, he's femmy

and so is this other 18 year old Saotome kid, he's SUUUUPER femmy, but my okinawan girlfriend tells me that most japanese guys (in japan) are pretty femmy these days.

Best,

RF-26AAC

Well I was referin to the real life guy in my previous post :p, i figured a girl woulnd't be named Alto and they aren't bold enough to form a 3-girl lesbian love triangle in macross ^^.

But yeah the Real life guy seems like a .... half-half dude O.o

Well I was referin to the real life guy in my previous post :p, i figured a girl woulnd't be named Alto and they aren't bold enough to form a 3-girl lesbian love triangle in macross ^^.

But yeah the Real life guy seems like a .... half-half dude O.o

But...but...an alto is a woman who sings with a low voice...LOTS of women are "Altos."

As for this guy...Kabuki families are old, very traditional, unafraid to be typecast, and they adopt. So Alto is probably in the same Kabuki family (BTW, "Saotome" means "Young Girl") as this guy...just fifty years later.

I was watching TV a few months ago (on a cheesy NHK talk programme called "Studio Park", I guess a few of you know it), and Saotome was being interviewed, so I was thinking of making this thread, but never did. I remember thinking that's probably who they based Alto on, in terms of background, not personality of course. The interviewer was having a hard time cos he doesn't talk much. She was like, "so umm... what is the best role you've played?" And he was like "...Dunno, all of 'em". Hmm. Maybe he is a bit like Alto (as in, a git)! Anyway, the interviewer woman was really struggling to drag this interview out to the allocated time, always pausing and going "O....kay... Erm... right... what about..?".

Funny thing is, next time I watched that programme she was interviewing Sakana-kun, this over-enthusiastic hyperactive fish and sea-creature geek (who I believe is an actual marine biologist). She could hardly get a word in between all his ranting and screaming! Jesus.

And I've always thought of Exedore from Macross and the one from Mork and Mindy as one and the same from day one, anyway. :)

I was watching TV a few months ago (on a cheesy NHK talk programme called "Studio Park", I guess a few of you know it), and Saotome was being interviewed, so I was thinking of making this thread, but never did. I remember thinking that's probably who they based Alto on, in terms of background, not personality of course. The interviewer was having a hard time cos he doesn't talk much. She was like, "so umm... what is the best role you've played?" And he was like "...Dunno, all of 'em". Hmm. Maybe he is a bit like Alto (as in, a git)! Anyway, the interviewer woman was really struggling to drag this interview out to the allocated time, always pausing and going "O....kay... Erm... right... what about..?".

Funny thing is, next time I watched that programme she was interviewing Sakana-kun, this over-enthusiastic hyperactive fish and sea-creature geek (who I believe is an actual marine biologist). She could hardly get a word in between all his ranting and screaming! Jesus.

And I've always thought of Exedore from Macross and the one from Mork and Mindy as one and the same from day one, anyway. :)

It's a bit off-topic (okay, VERY off topic), but this reminds me of the woman who interviewed Matsuda Seiko (Japanese superstar and real-life model for Minmay...see, it DOES tie in!) when Seiko was trying to break into the western market. The interviewer said it was a terrible session, because everytime she would ask Seiko a question ("What kind of clothes do you like to wear on stage?"), Seiko would toss the question back to her ("I don't know...what kind of clothes would YOU like to wear if you were on stage?"). In the end, the interview tape had very little Seiko, and A LOT of the interviewer rambling on.