Macross Frontier Episode 18 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 18  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (No Sheryl! Don't listen to Grace!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (My love of this series ran out long before Frontier ran out of supplies)

Okay, as promised, here's that screen transcription, however you'll be surprised where it came from:

COSMO NATURE

AD 2047 The November Issue

“Management and prevention of V type infection”

The main purpose of this module is multiple copying of layers from your After Effects project with progressive changing of their geometric properties. Here you may create very sophisticated geometric patterns that may be used either for further use in your composition or for transparency masks. Those masks you might want to use in cutting through of other objects, layers or texts. In a new layer apply our effect Panopticum Array. You will see that the layer has become transparent. Now you need to choose an object that will be duplicated. Create or import any image into your project.

However, a quick search through Google shows that the body text is mainly for Panopticum Array, which is a plug-in for Adobe Illustrator.

So no new insights into the whole V-type infection stuff, unless the best way to manage the illness is through the use of Adobe tools. :blink:

Was re-watching the HD raw again and noticed that the first page of Operation Cinderella's Horn is the same text as the COSMO NATURE article, only expanded, and the second page is the EULA. Bloody hilarious! :lol:

Was re-watching the HD raw again and noticed that the first page of Operation Cinderella's Horn is the same text as the COSMO NATURE article, only expanded, and the second page is the EULA. Bloody hilarious!

Yes, it's all about Adobe products. After Effects, Illustrator...why stop there? How about Photoshop? Flash? InDesign? Acrobat? Premiere? FireWorks? Heck, the CS3 Master Collection. Adobe must be a conglomerate in Macross. :lol:

Although, Stargazer from GS:Stargazer was programmed in Javascript and HTML.

-I wonder if Grace is perverting the work that Dr. Mao and them were working on.

Or maybe...Grace is a good guy...?

Nah. She's totally evil. Thankfully, she's also totally entertaining (not to mention totally hot). I love her almost as much as I loved Mitsuko from Battle Royale...and I loved Mitsuko A LOT.

Great episode, even though it was Nanase-less.

- I can't wait to see Battle Frontier Storm Attacker Mode in action.

- Grace is a bitch.

- I want to see the track listing for the Sheryl Nome album. (Excuse me, "Noam." Or is it "Norm"?)

- "Lion" is awesome. I see nothing wrong with the new OP.

- Grace is a bitch.

- I would REALLY like to hang out in that library for a few days...looks like they've got TONS of reference materials...

- MAO! DON'T TOUCH IT! IT'S EVIL!

- Grace is a bitch.

"Lion" I can like more than "Triangular". "Northern Cross".... that one needs to grow on me.

Eh...I felt that Lion was a little lackluster for a Sheryl - Ranka duet, compared to What 'Bout My Star. The animation is great, but the song itself...didn't meet expections. I may need to hear a full cd version on a decent sound system for it to grow on me. Northern Cross was an instant hit with me though, and I still say this can stand toe-to-toe with After in the Dark as a cliffhanger closer.

- I want to see the track listing for the Sheryl Nome album. (Excuse me, "Noam." Or is it "Norm"?)

Yeah, I'm getting kinda peeved at the Romanization of names around here. "Nome", "Noam", "Norm". MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!

According to Dr. Klan & Michel PI is Mao Nome...

ERGO All theories about Sheryl or Ranka being Mao relatives are busted

Perhaps, but related somehow and most likely, related to the same project and that's the relation between the two.

I like Klan's browser

I take it that she isn't using Firefox 2059? :wacko:

Alright, who posted neutral? *Cracks knuckles*

I'll get the MW Mob with their pitchforks and all to help you. B))

I suggest that we should call Macross Quarter,

Lil' Macross

from now... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Well How about Baby Macross?

:ph34r:

Somehow I still think Sheryl is someone special. Maybe all she will need is purple crystal in her belly? ^_^

I am not sure Sheryl actually has the V type infection when she got picked up by Grace or Grace infected Sheryl and use her for experiment. I still don't quite get the connection with the Hydra. Did that monster go nuts because of the same virus? Why Grace transplanted the Hydra to Frontier and what does that have to do with the true terror of the Vajra?

I was also hoping Ozma would provide more info on the 117th fleet, but we got only a closer look at Ranka's mom and lot of more questions this ep...

So then that would make Battle Frontier

Mac' Daddy

?

Well, since the Macross Quarter was lovingly called the Quarter Pounder (or Royale with Cheese) some time back, I guess the Battle Frontier get's to be called the

Big Mac

!

Eh...I felt that Lion was a little lackluster for a Sheryl - Ranka duet, compared to What 'Bout My Star. The animation is great, but the song itself...didn't meet expections. I may need to hear a full cd version on a decent sound system for it to grow on me. Northern Cross was an instant hit with me though, and I still say this can stand toe-to-toe with After in the Dark as a cliffhanger closer.

The beauty of After in the Dark as a cliffhanger was Watanabe's masterful audio-visual editing... As you zoom in slowly into Myung's worried face, or as Guld is walking away leaving Isamu battered in the background, you can hear the intro faintly fade in... "Dee... dee-deee...dee..." and you KNOW it's coming... Then the "TO BE CONTINUED" hits you, along with: "BAAAAM!! Boom, boom! ...BA-DAA-DAAANG! Boom-boom! Leee-vaashaaalaaah... Duvah..." (or whatever the hell the lyrics are) And you feel like you've just been punched in the face, then you're stumbling and you realise "Gaaah! Gotta wait another half-a-year or more to see what happens now!

Edited by Renato

The beauty of After in the Dark as a cliffhanger was Watanabe's masterful audio-visual editing... As you zoom in slowly into Myung's worried face, or as Guld is walking away leaving Isamu battered in the background, you can hear the intro faintly fade in... "Dee... dee-deee...dee..." and you KNOW it's coming... Then the "TO BE CONTINUED" hits you, along with: "BAAAAM!! Boom, boom! ...BA-DAA-DAAANG! Boom-boom! Leee-vaashaaalaaah... Duvah..." (or whatever the hell the lyrics are) And you feel like you've just been punched in the face, then you're stumbling and you realise "Gaaah! Gotta wait another half-a-year or more to see what happens now!

Too true. I actually screamed a very loud expletive at the screen at the end of episode 3 (which, like a fool, I bought the day it came out in the U.S.).

Well, since the Macross Quarter was lovingly called the Quarter Pounder (or Royale with Cheese) some time back, I guess the Battle Frontier get's to be called the

Big Mac

!

The Quarter Pounder and the Big Mac. Nice.

So, would that make the Valkyries the

fries on the side

?

How come that Ozma didn't recognized Grace?

Actually, have we ever seen the two on screen at the same time yet? Perhaps he's never seen her yet. Or maybe he already knows that she "survived."

Edited by sdf2501

Is it me? Or was that Red Lobster latching on the the Konieg Monster was just there... listening to Ranka's song. Brera just shot it down before anyone realized that it would have not destroyed the Konieg Monster and was shilling with Ranka's sweet voice.

Brera is possesive protective brother.

Nah, the best way would be onto a floppy disk and then to take a magnet to it :lol:

I believe the one doing the honors will be Luca... He will hack Grace and turn her and her cohorts into a bad port of Pac-Man...

Btw...

Excellent Episode and full of revelations!!!

So, Sheryl is not Nome or Clone... But a cyborg! I believe she has the V-Virus in her... and Grace's pills kept it from advancing. Ranka is somehow inmune to it, and is able to use the Virus as a way of communicating with the Vajra...

And that photo of Dr. Mao... priceless!!! I bet Grace has always been a cyborg. Maybe she was created in the 117th in 2040 and part of her was Sharon Apple mixed with other rogue AIs and/or scientists minds. Then she somehow managed to sneak her way into Dr. Mao's team in 2047 and caused the whole 117th/Vajra fiasco...

Man... No wonder Leon called her scary...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

So, Sheryl is not Nome or Clone... But a cyborg! I believe she has the V-Virus in her... and Grace's pills kept it from advancing. Ranka is somehow inmune to it, and is able to use the Virus as a way of communicating with the Vajra...

Sorry to ask this, is it really confirmed that Sheryl is a cyborg :unsure: or just possibly infected with V-virus and the pills were given to her to sustain her??

Sorry to ask this, is it really confirmed that Sheryl is a cyborg :unsure: or just possibly infected with V-virus and the pills were given to her to sustain her??

I based my assumptions on the image of Sheryl inside the capsule in Galaxy... Very similar to that of Grace... Maybe she is not an enhanced human like Brera/Grace, but she received some kind of modification to become the ultimate singer...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Not really. Remember all those tangly life support systems on Isamu and Basara when they were severely injured.

Edited by RedWolf

Not really. Remember all those tangly life support systems on Isamu and Basara when they were severely injured.

Indeed. However, they seem to be quite different from those of Galaxy. Anyway, Sheryl was infected with the V-Type virus by Grace, that's a fact. And before that she was a hobo living in the slumps at Galaxy... No relation to Dr. Mao Nome nor Ranshe nor Ranka.... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

NOWHERE in the episode they mentioned Sheryl was a cyborg.

What was revealed was that Sheryl has the V-type infection, and she was taken in by Grace as a test sample, possibly for trying out the new medicine.

The "witchcraft" table that Michel took was actually an experimental drug to cure, or at least treat the infection, so it's implied that without Grace's supply, Sheryl will soon succumb to the disease.

As for what the "V-type" infection means, it wasn't revealed yet.