Macross Frontier Episode 18 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 18  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (No Sheryl! Don't listen to Grace!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (My love of this series ran out long before Frontier ran out of supplies)

So many questions....

With ep 18 finished, there are still a lot of questions still open and it makes me wonder if the show will only go 25 eps?

I am beginning to wonder if they may go to 36 like SDFM....

Or maybe a second season had been planned all along? :ph34r:

Though perhaps, when things start wrapping up, it's going to move along very quickly. Even so, 25 eps feels kinda strained.

Sort of opposite to how I feel about Seven, which was too long.

The only flaw in the theory about them being gen engineered by humans is where did all their "wonderful toys" come from?

These are bio-engineered weaponry that isn't even incorporated into Galaxy's newest fighter.

So many questions....

With ep 18 finished, there are still a lot of questions still open and it makes me wonder if the show will only go 25 eps?

Macross M3

In 2022 UN Spacy had a big doo doo with their bio weapons testing facility at the former Protoculture planet New Asia.

The Jenius family Max, Millia and their adopted daughter Moaramia were sent there to exterminate the bugs. Especially the big mother bug.

11. The reason they don't just fold straight away is because the fold waves would just allow the Vajra to follow, they have to take all of them out before they fold away.

Which that Varjra thing glowing somewhere in the fleet is going to spoil it. Since Grace is not doing all these work just to scare the Frontier fleet to a safe place, I bet she is growing that one on purpose.

Also, didn't Kawamori say something along the lines of "wouldn't it be interesting if they recieved a culture shock?" when talking about Frontier fleet in an early interview? Perhaps a big TWEEST coming up... or perhaps not. :p

Are you trying to say that all those red lobster are the Vajra Basara's? :huh: Well, it did give a culture shock by vaporizing a warship single handily and making a human juice out of Gilliam.

I also wonder if they will show us Battle Galaxy, it must be more menacing due to the nature of Galaxy Fleet.

So, in Macross Frontier alone, we already been treated with:

- SDF-1 Macross class

- New Macross class (Battle frontier, and probably Battle Galaxy)

- Macross Quarter class

And who said we can't have enough Macross in one series? :lol:

Are you trying to say that all those red lobster are the Vajra Basara's? huh.gif

Narrr, they together with the other ones would be their CF valkyries :p

And who said we can't have enough Macross in one series? :lol:

You can never have enough Macrosses! :ph34r:

And having Battle Galaxy appear as an 'evil' macross appear would be another first :ph34r: (not counting games)

B25 Captain/Admiral's name: Pelio.... President Glass affectionately called him Pelio-kun O_O

loved the red tint on the B25 bridge... ^_^ we must have some toy/model of this!!! PLLLEAASE! Bandai's not likely to disappoint... right?!

not sure if anybody mentioned: during the scene where Klan Klan and Michel were in the library, did anyone notice KK's hair moved like Ranka's?

More Destroids next ep ^_^

snapshot20080809065125ua3.th.jpg

B25 Captain/Admiral's name: Pelio.... President Glass affectionately called him Pelio-kun O_O

loved the red tint on the B25 bridge... ^_^ we must have some toy/model of this!!! PLLLEAASE! Bandai's not likely to disappoint... right?!

Ooh, I like that, a 1/5000 scale Battle Frontier like the SDF-1 had... well actually that was pretty small, maybe a bigger scale, I don't know what but I'd like to have a Battle Frontier toy.

Oi OI! I just mentioned Sheryl because we were talking about HER CD'S!!!!! :p :P :p :P

KlanOS would be my first choice. ^_^

You had your chance, she is mine now, Muahahaha!!! :p

What I wonder is if Grace became the actual first victim of that virus, and lost control of her original body, so they transplanted her consciousness to a cybernetic body, ala GITS. But say in order to make it work, they had to use the same computer technology that made Sharon go from a mild-mannered hologram to a crazy psycho love-obsessed nutball. Grace's machinations are no less borderline sane than Sharon's were I think, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of that bioengineered tech from Sharon's final AI is built into her.

They wouldn't use such a outdated technology but she sure seems to be an insane character .

While sharon was more of a useless psycho, Grace doesn't even know this feeling she 's more the workalcoholic type. Grace is better than SA ....for me

there's at least 3 of whatever we're looking at in the second pic, my guess the true horror of the Vajra as mentioned a few episodes back...

Well, I was expecting a eight eyed vajra for the horror part, it seems more like a machine here thought.

2nd pic looks like 2 people there, joined at the top of their heads... don't u think? i noticed this the first time i saw it... it looks very eerie... notice the outline of what looks like their hair... and there are more 'pairs' in the background too.

:blink: I can barely see one head so for two people.... ^_^

Maybe above at the right ..I can catch a glimpse of the hair but that's all.

I though it could be another vajra because of the claw at the left like here http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12lo5lx7vw4.jpg

But looks like there isn't similarities.

What I'm thinking is this... Grace may have betrayed the team, and run off with incomplete research on a way to control the monsters they created, while Mao and Ranka's mother may have found the answer after she left, and implanted it into Ranka before Grace's machinations caused the vajra to attack the station.

She would have killed them before... :D

I think we can all agree that Grace is evil and has a special place in hell next to Kaifun.

Leon is more fit for her !

Just saw Episode 18

Ok that's it I'm now officially rooting for Sheryl. No one should have to go through to what she went for the last few episodes ! That one felt particularilly heartbreaking... go show 'em Sheryl ! You sing better than Ranka-chan anyway :ph34r:

Battle Frontier FTW ! I want to see that one transform and kick some ass soon.

Wiping Vajra still feels... wrong.

Mao and Grave !! OMFG :o I guess we can now pretty much state as a fact the Zero/Frontier connection though We'll obviously have to wait some more to see to some extent...

I'm really wondering how they'll manage to end the whole thing properly... there seems to have a awful lot of thing to cram up in the last remaining 7 episodes. I really hope won't feel to rushed.

-Sergorn

The only flaw in the theory about them being gen engineered by humans is where did all their "wonderful toys" come from?

These are bio-engineered weaponry that isn't even incorporated into Galaxy's newest fighter.

So many questions....

It must go even longer, by the newly established LAW OF MACROSS TV SERIES:

SDF:M - 36 episodes (6x6)

Macross 7 - 49 episodes (7x7)

Therefore, I decree that Macross Frontier MUST go to 64 episodes!

(Well, it'd be nice, wouldn't it...?)

It would be nice but unlikely.

Though I must confesse I wouldn"t mind a second "season" of Macross Frontier, if it actually furthers the story and don't fall into a crapfest.

-Sergorn

I demand that Gubaba change his avatar this instant. Those boobs, erm... I mean glasses are just too big. >.<

Edited by MisaForever

I demand that Gubaba change his avatar this instant. Those boobs, erm... I mean glasses are just too big. >.<

You can barely see them in the avatar (the boobs that is)...

As for Gubaba's episode number logic, remember that for Macross 7 there was technically 52 episodes. Even if those last 3 aren't really related to the main story, Encore is still part of the show proper.

Edited by Master Dex

You can barely see them in the avatar (the boobs that is)...

As for Gubaba's episode number logic, remember that for Macross 7 there was technically 52 episodes. Even if those last 3 aren't really related to the main story, Encore is still part of the show proper.

"49 episodes + 3 unaired episodes" is how the put it in Macross Chornicles. But those episodes were never shown on TV, and my law is the law of Macross TV.

And don't even THINK about mentioning Macross' Fastest Liftoff...it doesn't count!

Admit I'm right! ADMIT I'M RIGHT!

"49 episodes + 3 unaired episodes" is how the put it in Macross Chornicles. But those episodes were never shown on TV, and my law is the law of Macross TV.

And don't even THINK about mentioning Macross' Fastest Liftoff...it doesn't count!

Admit I'm right! ADMIT I'M RIGHT!

I wasn't going to bring that up... partially because I never did figure out what that is.

Regardless the odd fact that each series is the whole 6x6 and 7x7 would be interesting (if ignoring Encore). However though, Macross was supposed to be shorter initially. I mean sure it did air 36 episode but it isn't like it planned to do this whole square thing. Or may it did but it is reworking it. At 25 episodes Frontier is 5x5, thus making it 5 through 7. It doesn't make much sense to do it like that instead of going to 8 but it fits. This being if you don't count Deculture edition of course which makes the whole thing 26.

I wasn't going to bring that up... partially because I never did figure out what that is.

Regardless the odd fact that each series is the whole 6x6 and 7x7 would be interesting (if ignoring Encore). However though, Macross was supposed to be shorter initially. I mean sure it did air 36 episode but it isn't like it planned to do this whole square thing. Or may it did but it is reworking it. At 25 episodes Frontier is 5x5, thus making it 5 through 7. It doesn't make much sense to do it like that instead of going to 8 but it fits. This being if you don't count Deculture edition of course which makes the whole thing 26.

Don't rob me of my dreams, Dex.

Don't rob me of my dreams, Dex.

Never dream of it. I'd like to see more Frontier as well, but we must be wary that the plot may fail to hold that long. I just want to see a good story, regardless of episode count. After series end there will probably be some movie and even if not Frontier, some OVA between now and 5 years is very likely.

Never dream of it. I'd like to see more Frontier as well, but we must be wary that the plot may fail to hold that long. I just want to see a good story, regardless of episode count. After series end there will probably be some movie and even if not Frontier, some OVA between now and 5 years is very likely.

Speaking rationally, of course I know it won't go to 64 episodes...and shorter gives it less time to wear out its welcome. I do hope that the ending will be such that it would be possible to revisit these characters at a later date...either for a movie, or an OVA (or both!). Failing that (i.e. if Kawamori gets bored of them, or if everybody dies), I hope we'll AT LEAST get a good drama album out of the series. I've been listening obssessively to "Miss D.J.," "Distantly Fading Memories," "Macross Love,' "Macross Classsic," and "Docking Festival," and I hope that Frontier gets an album of its own.

Well what are the chances of a grandma Ranka or Sheryl on that?

You mean for a drama album...? Highly unlikely, since most of the drama albums happen during the series in question rather than after.

A "Miss D.J." style album with Sheryl would be quite awesome, really.

Especially if they got Shammy back to do the U.N. Spacy Recruitment Ad again...

I just watched the GG sub, and after having seen the episode while knowing what they are saying I still say this was a really good episode. It moved the plot along in that Frontier finally did something by getting away from where the Vajra kept attacking them (and finally leaving that frakking gas giant that they've been orbiting since ep.1!) even though we all believe the Vajra are not the true evil. That is Grace's title now more than ever.

Ozma is in denial that Brera could be Ranka's real brother but it would seem obvious even to him I would think.

It seems next episode is a character episode with no Vajra. That makes sense as the whole point of the fold was to get away from the Vajra. They are hoping now that the Vajra won't be able to follow them since they killed all the attackers with the Macross Cannon (about damn time, now we need some transformation!) before folding. Of course there is that little situation with those hatching eggs somewhere on Frontier and that... whatever it is at the end of the episode. Probably gonna bring the Vajra back, but I have a good feeling at least in the last episode the Vajra will be on our side against the real enemy, which will presumably be Galaxy. I am looking forward to Battle Frontier vs. Battle Galaxy, Super Dimension Fight of the Century!

I feel incredibly sorry for Sheryl man... she will come back, she will survive!

As for the new opening, I like Lion, sounds good to me. I can't wait for OST 2 (October right?) to come out, there has been a lot of stuff since OST 1. I like Northern Cross a lot as well.

This is just a side note really, but something I found interesting with during folds you see the charged particles passing through the ship and everyone has those 'fold shadows' (I just made up that term, fan copyright!). Odd I don't remember seeing those in ep.6 or 7, at that time I thought maybe it was a special thing from ep.1 Deculture, but now it seems to be a normal thing. In retrospect though we didn't really see the people during the fold between ep.6 and 7 really. I think the effect is cool though, kind of the modern day version of that double vision effect you saw on people during folding in SDF Macross. I don't know if any effect was used in Macross 7 since I haven't seen it.

Even just watching the RAw, this episode is absolutely freakin AWESOME!!! :D

In just one episode, you get all these WIN moments:

- Battle 25/Frontier ba-bee!!!! Looks awesome beside the quarter in the OP.

- New OP!! the new OP is absolutely wonderful. No knock on triangler, but Lion is definitely better just with the duet of these two characters we've watched for 18 eps. Animation and voice harmony is superb. :)

- Battle 25 cannon! alright!!

- Finally! Dr. Mao Nome!

- That "shopping spree" thing with the bridge bunnies (specially Cathy) was so FUNNY. :) hehe. half-expected alto to walk into the lingerie section. :p

- Sheryl!!! man, i really feel for her. but she'll pick up the pieces, and get better and play a crucial role in the war/conflict. her being so down at this stage of the series indicates that she's on the way up again by the end.

- next episode title is "triangler", did i hear that correctly? oooh. more alto-sheryl development, i hope. forget the little queen, she's enjoying herself anyway. :D

- SDFM/DRYL moments! Ranka getting introduced in a presscon with "oboitaimasuka" playing in the background. sheryl holding her face in the rain with pleasant shock as she says "alto".

all in all, this episode is fantastic. it's choc full of reveals, but without sacrificing the usual things that make macross so fascinating. the songs. the triangle. light-hearted comedy.

ok. now time to look for the subs! but this early, count this as one of my faves so far.

oh btw, what do you think was that thing in the last scene? the ultimate vajra queen? protoculture?

This is just a side note really, but something I found interesting with during folds you see the charged particles passing through the ship and everyone has those 'fold shadows' (I just made up that term, fan copyright!). Odd I don't remember seeing those in ep.6 or 7, at that time I thought maybe it was a special thing from ep.1 Deculture, but now it seems to be a normal thing. In retrospect though we didn't really see the people during the fold between ep.6 and 7 really. I think the effect is cool though, kind of the modern day version of that double vision effect you saw on people during folding in SDF Macross. I don't know if any effect was used in Macross 7 since I haven't seen it.

Fold shadows?? Of Course Not!! those were indications that all those people were downloading their AIs into their cybernetic selves, as someone suggested about sheryl nome in the deculture edition 1st ep. (sorry don't recall who it was). hehehe. :p

Kl... MisaForever, is anyone original a member of the Clan of Klan now a member of K.L.A.N.? I still have my sig saying I support her after all, just saying.

Bobby was utterly amazing this episode, he needs to get this much screen time if not more for the rest of the series.

Why is she grabbing her boob? XD

Srsly.

It's symbolization my friend, she's singing about how they will survive so she's grabbing onto her hopes and dreams!

Macross have rarely stuck to regular episode counts and nobody from japan have given us an official episode count for Macross Frontier. We can't trust those anime sites that list number of episodes for they are only guesing. For several week we could read 13 episodes for Macross Frontier. So if anybody asks Macross Frontier is only 13 episodes for that is what anime sites said before.

:wacko: Macross Frontier is only 13 episodes

:huh: But We are on episode 18.

:wacko: That is a mistake. There is only going to be 13 episodes. Every one knows that. What anime sites is writing is aways 100% true :wacko:

:rolleyes: Back on topic B))

The New Open was great. It had a Alice on Wonderland feel to it and a symbols and links to the story. We get so see Battle frontier (25) in it and I almost forgot the fitting music. Can we even trust the previews anymore? The episodes always seems to be better then the preview make us believe which isn't a bad thing. Good episode. Half was more story and character and half was battle action story. At least Sheryl still have friends among the SMS.

Yeah Macross Quarter firing makes sense. I always got the impression that the Macross main gun had a limited firring arc in ship mode. Battle 25 seemed to have improved it from earlier models. But still Macross Quarter shows that the firing arc is much better in robot mode and easier to turn and spray the battle filed.

Edited by panpo98

Bobby was utterly amazing this episode, he needs to get this much screen time if not more for the rest of the series.

Please explain WHY Bobby was utterly amazing in this episode? I mean what did he do this episode that he has not done in others: acts like a girl, then at one moment growls like a man. No, he does not NEED any more screen time!! <_<

I think the effect is cool though, kind of the modern day version of that double vision effect you saw on people during folding in SDF Macross. I don't know if any effect was used in Macross 7 since I haven't seen it.

I just watched an M7 fold, and it's the "double vision" thing. Anyways, I liked this ep a lot better than most of the last couple. Plus the OP has Battle 25 (though now they seem to call it Battle Frontier) transforming. :)