Where did Miku Ichijyo come from?

John Focker

Macross Compendium has listed Hikaru's daughter as Miku Ichijyo (一条 美紅), and I have no doubt of Egan's correctness.

However, Japanese Wikipedia has her listed as Miku, but Mirai in kanji (一条 未来).

I'm trying to find out where did the Miku setting originate from, to make good reference should the point be brought up in a discussion.

Thanks, :blink:

the 未来 spelling is also meant to be read "Miku". As a normal word it's read mirai, meaning future, but when it comes to names several readings are possible. The wiki that lists 未来 the specifies that the reading is "Miku". As to which Kanji are the "real" ones... :unsure:

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

"Macross Graffitti" pg 77

"新紀元0003年10月18日。久しぶりに休暇がとれて、マックス夫妻と郊外公園を散歩。今夜はホームパーティ。コミリアちゃんも、もう3つ。わが娘、未来もスクスクと大きくなっている。"

"Macross Graffitti" pg 77

"新紀元0003年10月18日。久しぶりに休暇がとれて、マックス夫妻と郊外公園を散歩。今夜はホームパーティ。コミリアちゃんも、もう3つ。わが娘、未来もスクスクと大きくなっている。"

From the Babelfish translation:

" New era 0003 October 18th. Holiday coming off after a long time, walking the MAX husband and wife and the suburb park. As for tonight foam/home party. Also [komiria], already three. Our daughter, future [sukusuku] has become large. "

Thanks Gubaba!

Do you remember the kanji used, though? (was it 美紅 or 未来?)

No clue...and the book's packed away (although I've been meaning to go to the stroage space and see if I can dig it out...).

However, a quick google search shows "一条美紅" getting 7 hits, and "一条未来" getting 11,800...it's not definitive proof of course, but pretty close.

From the Babelfish translation:

" New era 0003 October 18th. Holiday coming off after a long time, walking the MAX husband and wife and the suburb park. As for tonight foam/home party. Also [komiria], already three. Our daughter, future [sukusuku] has become large. "

Babelfish = no good. Try http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

"October 18, 0003 in new era. The vacation can be taken after a long time, and it strolls in Mr. and Mrs. max and the suburbs parks. It is a home party tonight. Comiria is three. anotherIt will be rapidly growing in my daughter and the future. "

Though, ALL machine translations are bad. A human translation would be:

"Oct. 18th, 0003 New Era. It's been a long time since we could take a holiday, and we're strolling in the park with Mr. and Mrs. Genius (Max). We're having a home party tonight. Komiria is already three. Our daughter, Miku, is growing up fast."

Babelfish = no good. Try http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

"October 18, 0003 in new era. The vacation can be taken after a long time, and it strolls in Mr. and Mrs. max and the suburbs parks. It is a home party tonight. Comiria is three. anotherIt will be rapidly growing in my daughter and the future. "

Though, ALL machine translations are bad. A human translation would be:

"Oct. 18th, 0003 New Era. It's been a long time since we could take a holiday, and we're strolling in the park with Mr. and Mrs. Genius (Max). We're having a home party tonight. Komiria is already three. Our daughter, Miku, is growing up fast."

Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a translator. :angry:

BTW, thanks for the clarification. :D Now I fully understood what it meant.

Yeah... machine translations tend to take things literally. For example, Miku gets translated as future in both. Babelfish goes one further and only romanizes katakana words (Komiria and sukusuku). Ok in the former (it's a name), bad in the later (as it's a word written in katakana for emphasis. Like italics in English.)

Right, Babel Fish is pretty behind the times.

Although, if you're going translate to webpages, I'd recommend http://www.nifty.com/globalgate/ . Excite.co.jp usually takes a few tries to process the page correctly where I'm at.

For batch machine translations I usually use the machine translaters in this order and function:

1. http://www.nifty.com/globalgate/ (Quick and dirty)

2. http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ (More clarity)

3. http://www.google.com/language_tools? (Third-party check)

Nifty fails on Komiria (attempting a partial translation on it) and "sukusuku," but gives you the general gist. Google, on the other hand, fails miserably on content but catches a "Komiria-chan" for a better feel on how it was said. The key to remember is that they'll still all fail on Miku since they're expecting to read the name as the word "future."

New era October 18, 0003. A vacation can be taken after a long time and a walk is taken in a suburban park with Mr. and Mrs. Max. It is a home party tonight. Handicap rear ちゃん is also three more. My daughter and the future are also large with SUKUSUKU.

The new era on Oct. 18, 0003. A long time could leave the park on the outskirts of Max and his wife walk. I'll be home party. KOMIRIA-chan, the other three. My daughter, SUKUSUKU the future, and getting bigger.

waitaminute, where did miku get born by the way? always had the impression she was born during the megaroad trip. so why was misa strolling with the genius couple? (or did they visit?)

Maybe the Megaroad-01 never left Earth, it just a UN-SPACY propaganda to sent more people to a colonization mission knowing they will be victim of whatever hostile aliens out there.

I knew it, Basara is Minmay and Hikaru bastard child :ph34r:

The text I quoted came from a book published Showa 58.08.01. (1983 for those that don't know the Japanese calendar).

Some facts:

Megaroad-01 launch: 2012.

Komiria: born 2011.03.

Therefore, as the book was published before the DYRL/FB2012 timeline additions/revisions, it is different. Look at it as a romanticed version of events. Though, there's the possibility of the Jenius family being holograms (possibly combined with long distance communication), or even clones!

Slight extension of the topic as people here seem to know more about Komiria and Miku, they might know more about the Megaroad 01. What is the source that states the loss of communication with the SDF-2 Megaroad 01 in 2016? I have seen the mention on Macross compendium but there are no further references.

In contrast: in the Frontier opening the MR01 fleet is shown to have taken a clockwise route around earth and still moving towards the galactic center. Doesn't show it stopping anywhere just moving forward. There is also a second (unnamed fleet leaving from Eden) later crossing it's course and passing it en route towards the galactic center. That must have been way past 2016.

I remember an old SK interview just before M7 somewhere (proabably animeUK but can't really remember) where he stated he didn't want to revisit the old main characters as their story was told and any further story telling would only diminish them.

Still (and now I am speculating heavily) if the producers ever change their mind, losing contact is a convient limbo to store them. As 1 hour of folding is 10 days real time. They could have the original cast return without having to age them much.

Slight extension of the topic as people here seem to know more about Komiria and Miku, they might know more about the Megaroad 01. What is the source that states the loss of communication with the SDF-2 Megaroad 01 in 2016? I have seen the mention on Macross compendium but there are no further references.

In contrast: in the Frontier opening the MR01 fleet is shown to have taken a clockwise route around earth and still moving towards the galactic center. Doesn't show it stopping anywhere just moving forward. There is also a second (unnamed fleet leaving from Eden) later crossing it's course and passing it en route towards the galactic center. That must have been way past 2016.

I think its generally agreed that the Frontier map is not chronologically accurate.

The text I quoted came from a book published Showa 58.08.01. (1983 for those that don't know the Japanese calendar).

Some facts:

Megaroad-01 launch: 2012.

Komiria: born 2011.03.

Therefore, as the book was published before the DYRL/FB2012 timeline additions/revisions, it is different. Look at it as a romanticed version of events. Though, there's the possibility of the Jenius family being holograms (possibly combined with long distance communication), or even clones!

:o There is no spoon?.... NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :o

Edited by dreamweaver13