Pics of Yamato's booth at Summer Wonderfest 08

chowyunskinny

Well, just think of it this way, the two seaters do have the proper elongated canopy, it's the 1 seaters valks that have an improperly elongated canopy. :lol:

Actually, the 1-seater canopy is the right length, but too tall... and the 2-seater canopy IS too short, but the right height.

...not that MWers are so picky as to notice minor stuff like that ^_^

The VF-1D was always one of my favorites, I have the original 1/60 version, but after seeing these pics, This is a definite purchase for my collection, Any possible ETA when it might release??

And for all us 2-seater fans, lets hope the VE-1 & VT-1 DYRL versions are in development too!!!

Thanks for the Wonderfest photos!!!

post-6180-1218000286_thumb.jpg

Cheers!!! wooo great pic!! more more more! :lol:

Minmay looks mega cute with her hair out like so. Hik looking like a legend in the orange suit!

The leg fins are moveable, GBP-1S 1D! :D Yamato can milk GBP-1S now, with 1D colours for pilots training in GBP-1S armour.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

wooo great pic!! more more more! :lol:

Minmay looks mega cute with her hair out like so. Hik looking like a legend in the orange suit!

The leg fins are moveable, GBP-1S 1D! :D

VERY COOL!!! I am SUPER excited.....I wonder when laftoys is going to ship mine out. It's already paid for....the VF-1S that is.

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

Nice find David.

But the new 1D is weak. I can't believe they didn't even make the canopy longer, which is the only thing that makes the 1D special. What was this crap about designing the new 1/60 line with two-seaters in mind? They coulda crammed two seats into the 1/48 if they wanted too. Look at your 1/48s and you'll see that the pilots are sitting just as far forward as the pilots in the new 1/60.

I'm hoping this is just a mock-up to show the paint job and pilots. There's no way I can be satisfied with this, especially since the Roy 1S is so perfect.

roy 1S isn't perfect, the pilot sits too far up front.

As for the canopy i'm with you, hope we'll see it lowered, but i don't know if it's possible with how the heatshield to be stowed and retract over the canopy.

Thoughts?

Waddya think NMB4M??? :p Yours will still own this, but it sure looks pretty all the same!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I hope they release the max and Millia 1J last after the VT-1, VE-1, CF-1A (TV), VF-1S Strike Hikky, VF-1A TV Max, VF-1S Max and so on,

of course GBP-1S is thrown somewhere in there.

Actually a orangey GBP-1S would look pretty cool! And they could market it for the VT-1 as well... something for them to make use of the mold.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

i reckon the elintseeker and super ostrich won't be far behind, but before that, I hoe they release 1s hikky first or 1j max and miria :)

Yessss bring on the VT-1!!! Btw is the canopy of the 1D actually longer? I thought it was was just that the indent in the chest plate went further back. Or is the canopy the clear part covering the cockpit and what im thinking of is the nose?

well this is what the Hasegawa VF-1D Canopy/Nose section looks like

post-515-1218008259_thumb.jpg

I compared the Hasegawa pic to the lineart I have in my Pefect Memory book and the Hasegawa actually looks a little too long to me

here's the Hasegawa Ostrich and Elint for reference

post-515-1218008622_thumb.jpgpost-515-1218008643_thumb.jpg

and Yamato 1/60's Version 1.0

post-515-1218008805_thumb.jpgpost-515-1218008813_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

dose all 2 seater including 1D, VE-1 and VT-1 shared the same cockpit and canopy? or 1D should be different from the other 2?

I think the VT-1 And VE-1 are the same but the 1D is different. The VT and VE have the rear seat elevated a bit while on the 1D they are the same level.

I compared the Hasegawa pic to the lineart I have in my Pefect Memory book and the Hasegawa actually looks a little too long to me

Yea it looks a little long.

Edited by Raptor One

well this is what the Hasegawa VF-1D Canopy/Nose section looks like

post-515-1218008259_thumb.jpg

I think the VT-1 And VE-1 are the same but the 1D is different. The VT and VE have the rear seat elevated a bit while on the 1D they are the same level.

Thanks for feedback!!

By looking at the 1D v2 pic and the 1S v2, looks like Yamato has extended the bottom part of canopy a bit while keeping the nose cone length unchanged.

There are room for the skull embel on the 1S, but on 1D, the canopy has occupied those spaces.

Thanks for feedback!!

By looking at the 1D v2 pic and the 1S v2, looks like Yamato has extended the bottom part of canopy a bit while keeping the nose cone length unchanged.

There are room for the skull embel on the 1S, but on 1D, the canopy has occupied those spaces.

Yea I did the same and you're right, it looks like the canopy is indeed longer, but because of the way the chest is designed (the indent for the normal valks is not as deep as it should be) then its not that noticeable.

Oh man...waking up to pics of the 1D...it's like I'm still dreaming! Thanks David, I've been waiting years to see this toy.

It's such a tease seeing two shots of fighter mode, but that's OK, I want this thing so bad that it's nice to get coaxed into it first. :D

roy 1S isn't perfect, the pilot sits too far up front.

As for the canopy i'm with you, hope we'll see it lowered, but i don't know if it's possible with how the heatshield to be stowed and retract over the canopy.

Thoughts?

Waddya think NMB4M??? :p Yours will still own this, but it sure looks pretty all the same!

I think what we see is what we get. The 1-seat canopy was made taller to support the bulged out chest plate, which was needed to accomodate the 2-seater cockpit and canopy.

I also don't see what people are saying about them extending the canopy forward on the 1D, but these photo angles make it hard to tell. We'll need a legit side-by-side comparison to confirm.

Yep, they definitely lengthened the canopy a bit, looks great to me! Long live the new 1/60 overlords!! :D

It's not lengthened, they just changed the shape a bit. One of the bottom edges is longer and another is shorter. Same overall length.

I love how we all heard that Yamato designed the new 1/60 with two seaters in mind. More like they designed the new 1/60 with destroying the possibility of accurate two seaters in mind, because with the front fuselage/torso pushed up so high in battroid, there's no room for an extended nose and canopy for the 1D. Yeah, I'm pissed about the short canopy. I think it's just a mock up so far, so I remain hopeful that they elongate the canopy at least a few millimeters. Otherwise it's just lazy.

I also don't see what people are saying about them extending the canopy forward on the 1D, but these photo angles make it hard to tell. We'll need a legit side-by-side comparison to confirm.
The canopy on the prototype we've just seen is not extended forward or backwards, but it should extend backwards according to the VF-1D design. Not sure if that answers your question. Edited by danth