Macross Frontier stuff.

ruskiiVFaussie

both are defiantly resin kits. I like the second one better, the sculpt is nicer overall. and the larger boobs look better, nicer shape to them.

if this turns into a PVC figure in the near future, I'm going to be all over it.

Allow me to ask a stupid question, since I am a bit outdated/lost...how many sets of figures have been announced? I count 2 from the same "HGIF" collection...please correct me if I am wrong, but I'd like to have some of the characters, and the reissue of CMS series 1 is tempting, always wanted to have a Mao Nome figure, and now that there is going to be Sheryl...yummy!

both are defiantly resin kits. I like the second one better, the sculpt is nicer overall. and the larger boobs look better, nicer shape to them.

if this turns into a PVC figure in the near future, I'm going to be all over it.

Me too- as it stands, only the Alpha Omega Klan figure interests me..

I really don't want her as a miclone however, it would look..awkward :lol: ..among my other more "womanly" figures.

2-6.jpg1-8.jpg

i imagine this is the pilot badge they are selling.

I've got one on early bird, pretty cool patch! I've also got all the others, gonna be a sweet as jacket once i get it!

I'm not actually going to sew mine on, but use velcro, and add the patches onto the shirt/jacket that i feel like wearing. :p

Getting a shirt like what Alto is wearing should be a piece of cake. Just need to get some blue sides for the shoulders.

>> http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP33003 <<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

J ve just received the first shot of HGIF very suprise by the quality of the product nothing to see with solid archive very very good :p

2 box and still left:

- 3*Alto

- 1*Brera

- 1*Sheryl

- 1*Sheryl special

Also j will sell soon MAX in flight Suit from CMs Vol2 mint condition never open ....

:lol:

post-1438-1231449458_thumb.jpg

post-1438-1231449473_thumb.jpg

Edited by isamu-ad

I only order 1 box, and got 4 Alto and 2 Sheryl blue dress, still need the other 4. I'm happy with the figures, the quality is pretty good, but still happy with them!!

OH NO! That's terrible news. Damn it, Bandai!!! I only ordered 1 box as well, figuring I'd at LEAST get the main 4 cast members. I don't care about the chase (outfit repaints), I just want one each of Sheryl, Ranka, Alto and Brera. But if they are really just throwing random figures in the boxes, that's complete garbage. And now I have to wait a few weeks for SAL shipping to find out which figures I did (didn't) get. :angry:

Yea the quality is lacking... And I seriously do not understand their choice for big chunky encasing blocks. Its like they're all stuck in cement up to their knees. Were feet pegs not good enough? If they wanted perfect sculpts, they would a. have to make their paint job a lot better first and b. they could use waist C crimps to hold them up like other figures do.

I like the latest one as it's off my fav pose of Sheryl and Ranka, and i atleast want some mini figs of Alto, and Mikhail is in there too so it's worth it imo. I don't want large scales of Alto or Ranka, i'll leave that for Sheryl... yummyyumm

Where's Ozma????

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Usually, but these completely sold out everywhere with days and I wasn't able to get a blue Sheyrl.

Graham

Let me get it straight: at least you saw them and you got them but you're missing blue Sheryl, right?

I haven't even seen them anywhere in town, monkok or wanchai...did they ever sell them identified and individually, or it was a whole set deal?

sorry, I am just a bit out of the loop since I spent a month away.

I got mine from a shop on 2/F, 188 Oriental Center, Wanchai (the shop with an open front, no window that usually has a few Yamato Macross toys).

They were selling a complete set of 6 for HK$169 or a partial set of 4, which did not include blue Sheryl or pink Ranka for HK$109 IIRC I got the partial set, which I regret now. I should have got the full set.

This was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. They are all sold out now. I also searched all around Mong Kok last weekend, but nowhere had them.

Graham

I got mine from a shop on 2/F, 188 Oriental Center, Wanchai (the shop with an open front, no window that usually has a few Yamato Macross toys).

They were selling a complete set of 6 for HK$169 or a partial set of 4, which did not include blue Sheryl or pink Ranka for HK$109 IIRC I got the partial set, which I regret now. I should have got the full set.

This was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. They are all sold out now. I also searched all around Mong Kok last weekend, but nowhere had them.

Graham

Thanks G-man, I know there was nothing in Monkok...was there last weekend too, and was very sad to not have seen any Frontier figures at all. In your opinion, are they any good compared to, let's say, CM's Macross Series I (I want the Basara figure with the Mylene...but those are different series!)?

Back to Frontier figures, I am still confused, there are three series listed in hlj:

1) the one we're discussing about now BAN955554

2) another one with a swimsuit Sheryl and Nyan Nyan uniform Ranka, etc. BAN954189

3)...and the mystery set of which I have not found any pictures of: BAN956045

Can someone save me from utter ignorance and confusion please!!? :mellow:

Edited by regult

Well, I just received my HGIF box in the mail. The randomness could have been worse, I suppose, but this doesn't leave me any hope for the single boxes I preordered of the later volumes. Overall, the quality is a lot better than online pics would lead you to believe. I don't like the clear blocks they come with, but at least I know they won't tumble over. I am bummed about the size, though. They are much smaller than the CMs line of Macross trading figures. These are more...GI Joe or Star Wars figure sized, if that makes sense? For consistency on my shelves, I wish these were a head taller. Here was my box:

2x Alto

2x Brera

1x Sheryl (Pink)

1x Sheryl (Blue)

DAMN IT! I really want a Ranka! I don't care which color dress. Anyone willing to trade? I've got a spare Alto and Brera.

I also have some leftovers (doubles) from the earlier keychain "swing" SD gashapon set for trade:

2 x Sheryl

1 x VF-25F Alto type

Well, I just received my HGIF box in the mail. The randomness could have been worse, I suppose, but this doesn't leave me any hope for the single boxes I preordered of the later volumes. Overall, the quality is a lot better than online pics would lead you to believe. I don't like the clear blocks they come with, but at least I know they won't tumble over. I am bummed about the size, though. They are much smaller than the CMs line of Macross trading figures. These are more...GI Joe or Star Wars figure sized, if that makes sense? For consistency on my shelves, I wish these were a head taller. Here was my box:

2x Alto

2x Brera

1x Sheryl (Pink)

1x Sheryl (Blue)

DAMN IT! I really want a Ranka! I don't care which color dress. Anyone willing to trade? I've got a spare Alto and Brera.

I also have some leftovers (doubles) from the earlier keychain "swing" SD gashapon set for trade:

2 x Sheryl

1 x VF-25F Alto type

There is a trade thread over at the For Sale area. I believe miriya has a Ranka figure for trade.

Pics of the Klan Klang statue is out...

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-84081-1-1.html

Thanks for the link. Those pics look good. The figure looks to be very high quality. Too bad I cant afford it / want other things more. It is a blessing and a curse that there are so many amazing macross figures and toys available now.

Due to money issues I just cancelled my order for the next box of figures. http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN954189

FIG-COL-0974.jpg

But I do want the Klan figure still very much so and will probably hope to get one individually from any selling or trading members here OR on ebay. I also do like the Alto sempai and Ranka chan. But at this point I cant afford to dish out another $57 plus shipping. I hope that I will be lucky at getting the individual ones that I want after they are out.

I also had to cancel other items too... Fraulein Revoltech Suzumiya Haruhi

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD02012

And very sadly cancelled.... Teacher Yomako http://www.hlj.com/product/ALT20205

And I will probably have to cancel either the luca or Mikhail DX 1/60 messiahas too. Not sure which yet though. I am waiting for good production shots/reviews before I decide.

I have not yet cancelled 1/5 yoko but I may have to. She is very nice but not cheap! http://www.hlj.com/product/GIF82006

For collectors it is sad to cancel nice items like these.

On the good side I have already paid for and will be getting (whenever they arrive) the Yamato Defender, VF-1D and the Macro Klan figures. And I just recieved from HLJ, the new sega Misato Katsuragi figure (That one is great value BTW).

</report>

Too bad Klan (awesome) and Alto, and maybe Ranka are the only ones worth getting out of that set.

Cancelations have made room for the Completely BADASS Wave 1/5000 SDF-1 then Miriya???? :p

-----

Hey, whats this? -

Macross F Fortune 1 Box 24pcs (Macross Frontier) - http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG80982

24 pieces? hmm...

NEVERMIND - found it,

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...2091a6c9d4f4508

Cancelled, i'm not paying 72 US for a pack of munchkins. HLJ.com would have alot less headaches with cancellations if their early bird lits

had explanations what they were (without pics). Not knocking them, just that i hope they don't take heart to cancellations, it's part of the system

anyways i guess. The economy sucks everywhere, so i guess it's part of everyday procedure.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie