Macross Frontier Episode 17 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 17 Rating  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 17 Rating

• Positive (I want my Pinapple Salad!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (You had your pinapple salad 26 years ago and you didn't like it)

I'm soooo glad Ranka has her own opening! ^o^ It's so cool how we now have a Ranka OP and a Sheryl ED.

I really wanted to break something when I realized Ozma didn't die; not because he wasn't dead but because I was tricked!! And he earned some bonus points this episode; we see a bit more of his past with Ranka and Cathy as well as his bad ass attitude. Keep on fighting, Ozma! Woooo~~

Ep 17 seemed to hint that Bilra faction wants to monopolise fold travel and communications ....or at least from what Leon tells Luca. But Galaxy has other plans. Human instrumentality project? :lol:

Ep 17 seemed to hint that Bilra faction wants to monopolise fold travel and communications ....or at least from what Leon tells Luca. But Galaxy has other plans. Human instrumentality project? :lol:

More like Borgification to me ^_^

Am I the only one wondering how Ozma suffered a massive open wound like that in space but no decompression? :)

I think it can be attributed to sci-fi hand-wavium, but come on, run-flat cockpits/spacesuits?

It's possible that whatever he got hit with functions like a concussion warhead, meaning that there's little penetration, but stuff inside turns to shrapnel anyway.

Besides, SK and company (being fans of Kubrick and Clarke) have always tried to dispel the myth of explosive human decompression in a vacuum (see the liner notes and scroll down to episode 10). Even if the hit penetrated the cockpit, there'd be enough time (since the air in the cockpit would be the first to go) to deploy sealant before Ozma blacks out.

Edited by d3v

Nope. Finding Minmei!!

at heart, Grace is the ultimate Minmei fanboy/girl. In fact, those AIs are the Minmei Fansclub collective. And i'm pretty sure Dr. Chiba is one of them (why else would Grace seem to have knowledge with song energy technology??). With fold travel simplified, finding her will be as easy as strawberry pie. :D

It's obvious by the end of the episode that she will confront Grace about the pills

Sheryl still doesn't know that Grace is poisoning her. Sheryl's complaint to Grace is probably based on the fact that Grace has obviously been going around behind Sheryl's back and working to promote Sheryl's direct business competitor.

The bit with the pills will have to wait on Michael. It's pretty obvious that the reason that he asked Clan Clan about her blond medical friend was so that he could have the pill that he picked up analyzed. He disguised the request as yet another amorous pursuit because he's probably not sure who he can safely talk to about the pill. While he probably believes that he can trust Clan Clan, each additional person that he tells about the pill is another person who might blab about it to the wrong person. It also protects Clan in the interest that someone gets wind of his interest in the pill, since that way she honestly has no idea that Michael's investigating it.

So right now, the only person who suspects that there's anything wrong with the medicine that Grace has been giving Sheryl is Michael.

Sheryl still doesn't know that Grace is poisoning her. Sheryl's complaint to Grace is probably based on the fact that Grace has obviously been going around behind Sheryl's back and working to promote Sheryl's direct business competitor.

The bit with the pills will have to wait on Michael. It's pretty obvious that the reason that he asked Clan Clan about her blond medical friend was so that he could have the pill that he picked up analyzed. He disguised the request as yet another amorous pursuit because he's probably not sure who he can safely talk to about the pill. While he probably believes that he can trust Clan Clan, each additional person that he tells about the pill is another person who might blab about it to the wrong person. It also protects Clan in the interest that someone gets wind of his interest in the pill, since that way she honestly has no idea that Michael's investigating it.

So right now, the only person who suspects that there's anything wrong with the medicine that Grace has been giving Sheryl is Michael.

exactly! :)

Poor klanklan, thinking it's just another womanizing adventure for Michael. :(

But then again, who says it isn't? after he learns about the pills.... :p

Poor klanklan, thinking it's just another womanizing adventure for Michael. :(

But then again, who says it isn't? after he learns about the pills.... :p

I suspect it'll be more of a "wine and dine her and then beg her to help out" sort of thing. The wining and dining will provide cover for his request as well as make her better disposed to help him out. So he'll still get a date, although it may not end the way that his dates usually end.

And hopefully a perturbed Clan Clan won't decide to crash it...

^^;;

I suspect it'll be more of a "wine and dine her and then beg her to help out" sort of thing. The wining and dining will provide cover for his request as well as make her better disposed to help him out. So he'll still get a date, although it may not end the way that his dates usually end.

^^;;

micro klan crashing it would be amusing.

macro clan, on the other hand, "crashing" the date would be deadly. :D

It seems that Leon is trying to paint that Bilra's faction are the bad guys and with this providing the rift between Luca and Bilra's Faction, seems that Leon's trying to win Luca over. But I can't see Bilra as a bad guy especially seeing that he is a train otaku :lol: .

^^;;

hitting two birds with the same stone eh?

^^;;

With the way Michel was acting during their not-a-date, I'm sure Klan at the very least knows that he's up to something more than simply getting some tail.

Could anybody ID the Hand Gun that Ozma was packing. It look suspiciously like a Sig Sauer P-228. :ph34r:

BTW, went ahead and watched gg's sub. Its been days and no other group has subbed it yet. :(

No that someone mentioned the scene were Ozma shield's the bridge really reminded me of that scene in DYRL wherein Hikaru nailed that zentraedi going towards the brdige of the sdf-1.

No that someone mentioned the scene were Ozma shield's the bridge really reminded me of that scene in DYRL wherein Hikaru nailed that zentraedi going towards the brdige of the sdf-1.

Of course... A tribute of sorts... ^_^

(Just like the rest of the series... which is a very good thing)

Yeah, but Misa was anything but happy when Hikaru did it, Kathy on the other hand was touched by Ozma's action and words :D

hitting two birds with the same stone eh?

Not really. The reason I guessed that Michael is going to use that method is because it's actually a somewhat common method of getting someone to do something for you. It allows you to make the individual more favorably disposed toward you, particularly if you went somewhere nice to eat and if you're a good people person like Michael can be when he wants to. The request that he's probably about to make isn't a normal one. And it'll probably need to take place "off the official record", so to speak, so the woman he's enlisting will need to do it in her spare time (both because he wants to keep it quiet, and because he's not paying her employer to have it done). So he'll need a small favor to get it done. And a dinner date at a nice restaurant (and ONLY a dinner date - there's a good chance that nothing further will happen that night) is an acceptable way to "pay" for that favor pre-emptively. Late in the meal, he'll swing the conversation toward his request and hope that she'll agree to help him.

I don't really like that furry thing.

I *really* want to see Michael and Klan hookup cos that poor chick deserves some lovin' (though I think Michael should go macronized and nail KlanKlan... he's Zentran-mix, right? with those elf-ears of his...) I bet Michael would be like,

"DUUUUDE! MY **** IS HUUUUGE!!!"

and Luca needs to spill his littleboy guts and freakin fess up to Nanase, already.

There's sooo much I want to happen.

I haven't been this excited about a TV show in years, and certainly never a cliffhanger series where I go "OMG WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!? NOOOOO!"

I *never* liked that sneaky green furry bastard and I know that thing is bad news.

I'm kind of stuck between liking Ranka and not liking Ranka. My girlfriend is a lot like Ranka (was a model from age 10 and stopped after turning 20)... still looks like she's MAYBE 17 (a lot of people look at her funny when she says she drives and are like "You drive?"... but she has ridiculous huge boobs on a teeny frame a-la-nanase... imagine Nanase with brown hair, no glasses, and Ranka's teeny midsection coupled with Ranka's affliction with a need to have cute stuff. It's really immature but even at 26 now she still loves her Hello Kitty.

I also like Sheryl because she reminds me of a very domineering yet-messed-up ex I had that was very similar to Asuka Soryuu... I swear, Cheryl is the-all-singing-all-dancing-pink-haired Asuka/(that alien pirate chick from FLCL whose name escapes me... the Vespa riding one)...

I certainly see some bigtime Grace-Sheryl confrontation coming, and I suspect that we will see more Triangler Alto-torn-between-two-women in 2-3 episodes but for the timebeing I suspect we will see more revelation of the human instrumentality project graceclone conspiracy.

Best,

Model RF-26 Variable Recon Fighter [AAC Variant]

I don't really like that furry thing.

I *really* want to see Michael and Klan hookup cos that poor chick deserves some lovin' (though I think Michael should go macronized and nail KlanKlan... he's Zentran-mix, right? with those elf-ears of his...) I bet Michael would be like,

"DUUUUDE! MY **** IS HUUUUGE!!!"

and Luca needs to spill his littleboy guts and freakin fess up to Nanase, already.

There's sooo much I want to happen.

I haven't been this excited about a TV show in years, and certainly never a cliffhanger series where I go "OMG WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!? NOOOOO!"

I *never* liked that sneaky green furry bastard and I know that thing is bad news.

I'm kind of stuck between liking Ranka and not liking Ranka. My girlfriend is a lot like Ranka (was a model from age 10 and stopped after turning 20)... still looks like she's MAYBE 17 (a lot of people look at her funny when she says she drives and are like "You drive?"... but she has ridiculous huge boobs on a teeny frame a-la-nanase... imagine Nanase with brown hair, no glasses, and Ranka's teeny midsection coupled with Ranka's affliction with a need to have cute stuff. It's really immature but even at 26 now she still loves her Hello Kitty.

I also like Sheryl because she reminds me of a very domineering yet-messed-up ex I had that was very similar to Asuka Soryuu... I swear, Cheryl is the-all-singing-all-dancing-pink-haired Asuka/(that alien pirate chick from FLCL whose name escapes me... the Vespa riding one)...

I certainly see some bigtime Grace-Sheryl confrontation coming, and I suspect that we will see more Triangler Alto-torn-between-two-women in 2-3 episodes but for the timebeing I suspect we will see more revelation of the human instrumentality project graceclone conspiracy.

Best,

Model RF-26 Variable Recon Fighter [AAC Variant]

I hope your girlfrined doesn't read that you like Sheryl because she remainds you of your ex :D

--------------------

GubaBA

--------------------------------------------------

Is he the cancer, or the cure?..

--------------------------------------------------

Gubaba = AgentONE after learning to love Macross 7 (and growing a beard) :ph34r:

Could anybody ID the Hand Gun that Ozma was packing. It look suspiciously like a Sig Sauer P-228. :ph34r:

Sure looks like a Sig P228 in this episode. The serrations for the slide are a bit fat, but it looks like a P-228 to me.

And what a turnaround after so many people were complaining that the vajra were no longer scary because they were being owned. :lol:

Edited by Sumdumgai