Macross Frontier Episode 17 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 17 Rating  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 17 Rating

• Positive (I want my Pinapple Salad!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (You had your pinapple salad 26 years ago and you didn't like it)

When Ozma and Brera were fighting in the dark corridor and the lights getting shot out, it has some reference back to DYRL when Max and Miria were fighting in the dark and lights going out. ^_^

I assumed

DON'T! :o Please. Pretty please.

you was one of those Robotech people since all the spoiler tagged comment in the beginning had the answer to both your questions over and over and over and still you didn't understand.

Sorry for my nitpicking, but I actually made only one question in the post you replied to :rolleyes: Not that such trifles can actually befuddle a Logic McSocrates like yourself anyway B))

Your questions made it seem that you knew nothing of the Macross series.

Now that you make me notice I think you are right. I mean, look here what I wrote just two days ago:

I think Ozma won't die this week but the next one, because Pineapple Salad was ep. 18.

Today I wrote

On the downside, this episode maybe can't be appreciate enough without having seen the original series

and suddenly it looks like I know nothing of Macross. I just fired my PR, he sucks :angry:

I assumed you had only seen Robotech and tried to be extra helpful since you didn't understand any of the English comment made on this board. We are all (trying) to write in English here so you don't need to understand Japanese.

Just read almost any of the spoiler tagged comment on the first few pages you will see most of them answerers and talk about the subject. Don't be lazy. Some of us are doing there best to be polite here.

Dude, chill out. Sometimes being a hero is about letting others being heroes in your place. Take lessons from Captain Wilder B))

They tried to mislead the fans like they did episode 13 "Memory of Global".

And guess what? There was actually a Global in that episode! What I was asking is where was the goodbye, and I was answered by Gubaba. Thanks Gubaba ^_^

FV

Got a question in anticipation of a fansub for this episode.

I know in previous threads most folks thought Shinsen did the best job of subtitling, but since they are pretty far behind, who do you think is the next best fan sub group?

thanks in advance.

Considering AiA stopped doing Frontier long ago, GG or Lunar are probably the best that still sub the show aside from Shinsen. Shinsen is the best IMO, the reason they take so long is also why they are the best. They take their time and get it right. However I don't wait for them I watch other subs but then I replace them with Shinsen's when they are released. The Shinsen subs are the ones I burn to DVDs.

I finally got to watch the raw and I definately like how they made us believe Ozma was dead. I definately think that we were all given the slip. So it seems that our skull leader will remain the same from now on. Also I kinda figured that the Vajra would find some way to evolve a defense to the reactive weapons. It would make sense why Grace helped to force the hand of NUN to use them.

Considering AiA stopped doing Frontier long ago, GG or Lunar are probably the best that still sub the show aside from Shinsen. Shinsen is the best IMO, the reason they take so long is also why they are the best. They take their time and get it right. However I don't wait for them I watch other subs but then I replace them with Shinsen's when they are released. The Shinsen subs are the ones I burn to DVDs.

right on, thanks for you input Master Dex B))

I must say if Skull leader is really getting trashed around. Thats the second time in the series when ppl thought he was dead...

VarJa surviving Reaction warheads.....Time to go old school...Get the Nukes out. Nice and Dirty..and if that fails....Lobster Raid.. :lol:

Or the reliable VF-25 Anti-Varja Lobster Gutter. Cant go wrong wit simplicity.

O and who ever said that Green thing would Evolve into the Giant Red Lobster ( Kinda like Pokemon) you have my vote on that....this ep we seen its Arms...and it looked really freaky to me...Like Aliens vs. predator freaky.

Ok, Formal request for an avatar usable gif.

Can somebody make a gif of when the VF-25S killed a lobster by throwing another lobsters leg at it (cool scene). This is the part that causes the big explosion which we then see the VF-25S floating in front of heroically. If possible include the heroic pose in front of the explosion but if it makes it too big just the part where he kills the Vajra is fine. That or the heroic part with the explosion by itself would be cool.

Thanks to anyone who can oblige.

VarJa surviving Reaction warheads.....Time to go old school...Get the Nukes out. Nice and Dirty..and if that fails....Lobster Raid.. :lol:

Reaction weapons ARE nukes.

Nuclear REACTION you see. That's the technology the PC never taught the Zentradi and it's why the SDF-1 was able to destroy Boldolza's ship. Reaction was badly translated to "Reflex" weaponary in Robotech which made much less sense.

Reaction weapons ARE nukes.

Nuclear REACTION you see. That's the technology the PC never taught the Zentradi and it's why the SDF-1 was able to destroy Boldolza's ship. Reaction was badly translated to "Reflex" weaponary in Robotech which made much less sense.

Reaction weapons don't have radiation fallout so to call them nukes isn't accurate.

Reaction weapons uses pair-annihilation reaction.

Besides Japanese networks in the 80's are very PC and don't use the term nuclear weapon.

Oh and by the way, you guys need to get off this Basara kick SERIOUSLY. :p I watched the first few episodes of Macross 7 and was already annoyed with him. :D:p

BOMBAA!

Of course you're annoyed with Basara...you're SUPPOSED to be annoyed by him for a good chunk of the series. Keep watching...it gets better.

By the way...something I thought odd about this episode that I forgot to mention earlier...At the beginning, Ozma is listening to "My Soul for You" from "LET'S FIRE!!"

The strange thing is that that particuler version of the song isn't actually on that album...makes me wonder if they released a Fire Bomber 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition with a whole heaping lot of bonus tracks...and if so, if there's any way to reach into the Macross universe and pull one out.

Thanks Gubaba ^_^

I live only to serve. ^_^

gg is out xD

This is a pleasant surprise. First time GG was the first to release the sub of MF. I wonder what happened to Kei.

I watched the raw and I really like this episode. It developed Ozma a lot and showed how much more badass he really is compared to the other skulls and even NUNS. The brief fight between he and Brera seemed to portray who was the better older brother but ended in a draw. I was half-expecting him to die during the battle but and I thought he got through when he was watching Ranka's concert. Kawamori knew how to tease the old fans when Ozma was bleeding hard. Fortunately he lived and surpassed the pineapple salad curse. :p

Edited by Windrider

Ai-kun's relationship wil Ranka will bear some significan in later plot definately. I am really curious now. :) Interesting plot coming up.

Somehow I find it hard to imagine the cute Ai-kun turning into a vicious red lobster. It will turn out to be a suprise for many unobservant viewer like me. :)

Ai-kun is probably a Queen-type Vajra. judging from the color, and potential plot for MacrossF. Like what u said, Ai-kun probably will be important when (s)he's fully grown, and its really pointless if (s)he's only a red lobster <-- low intelligence. ;)

Guys!!! Will u cut the "bomba" thing short?

I'm starting to feel compelled to watch M7, but my guts tell me not to. :mellow:

BOMBAA!

:lol:

really, dont be discouraged by what u read. M7 gets interesting after the half-way point. Funny thing is, when i first watched it, i don't buy Basara's ideas, but somehow after watching all the eps (actually way before the last eps), my opinion totally changed. ^_^

how is it that something unimportant like naruto shippuuden gets subbed with and uploaded to veoh with in hours but macross takes days?

because in macross the dialog and story is much more intricate and needs time to translate correctly.

be a little more patient and imagine how long fansubs took back in the day.

Edit: Also, I think someone else already pointed out the Ai-kun on screen.'

Anyway, while not proof perhaps (we don't get to see it's 'face'), the egg hatching scene got REAL close.

post-9073-1217616220_thumb.jpg

Ai Kun is on the right bottom of the picture

31a4cc4e906fffddd0c86a53.jpg

So i guess it's going to grow into the Red lobster in the picture background...

BOMBAA!

Of course you're annoyed with Basara...you're SUPPOSED to be annoyed by him for a good chunk of the series. Keep watching...it gets better.

By the way...something I thought odd about this episode that I forgot to mention earlier...At the beginning, Ozma is listening to "My Soul for You" from "LET'S FIRE!!"

The strange thing is that that particular version of the song isn't actually on that album...makes me wonder if they released a Fire Bomber 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition with a whole heaping lot of bonus tracks...and if so, if there's any way to reach into the Macross universe and pull one out.

I have a feeling that they hoped no one would notice that it wasn't the acoustic version of My Soul for You. I am not that bothered by it really, but hey if you try hard enough to reach into the series then maybe you can. However if you do you should be asking yourself, do you really want to just reach into the universe to pull out a special Fire Bomber album, or do you want to pull out one Nanase instead? I wouldn't do that but I know you would, me... I would probably go for a blue haired target instead... but only if I could grab the resizing chamber as well... and then I'd see how long is takes for MisaForever to get really jealous, :lol: .

And... I guess I might as well join in... even though I still haven't really watched M7 yet, but why not.

BOMBAA!