Macross Frontier Episode 17 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 17 Rating  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 17 Rating

• Positive (I want my Pinapple Salad!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (You had your pinapple salad 26 years ago and you didn't like it)

i am glad Klan klan had some quality time with Mikhail, if not for her genetic condition, Michail would be more comfortable courting her

:lol:

Oh that reminds me. Klan was pissy at Michel because he was asking her to introduce one of her friends who's into medicine or some such. Seems he's finally gonna have that pill checked out. Happy they just didn't forget about that plot point.

Ararara. I felt the pre-credits teaser was a great lead up. (Hey... is older brother Ozuma going to bite it protecting Ranka?)

Then the opening credits.

Youzza. I was expecting some VB-6 Monster action, but... well, I guess we should've known from all the alternative endings that we would be getting an alternative opening!

Then comes the commercials. Wham-bam-Macross only-man. Boom Macross F BD. Bam Macross Chronicle w/ loads of famous Macross scenes from all the series (didn't notice MII though. Not that I was looking.) Bing Macross Zero BD (looks great on the hivizion screen.) Badadding. Back to Macross F!

Yup. There were numerous times that I thought that Ozuma would die. However, he's quite good at avoiding death. He's also apparently able to take on a cyborg in hand to hand combat. With only a knife. In the dark. !

Aruto climbing into Ranka's bedroom for a midnight rendevous ("no one's here. Eeek! Don't think naughty thoughts! I didn't invite you here for that!") was groovy. (FYI I felt the character animation was quite good in this episode.)

Michael and Klan Klan's rendevous, and balcony espionage was cute. So too was the background stuff on the "what the hell is Luca up to, and who's he involved with?!" stuff.

The action scene came out of no where. Which makes me ask: where do they get all those reaction weapons from?!?! I swear, we've seen more shot and detonate than in SWI!!! (DYRL for the kiddies). The red Vajra surviving the reaction detonation was new. Shades of SDF:M battlepods getting burnt crispy and the skin ripped off.

Though, the solution "you can't fight them with guns and missiles. You need Ranka's music." was hilarious. Ozuma, "I know rock." Cue firebomber song. Aruto, "I do enka!" (!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Not exactly a shocker. But funny as sin. Especially given it's popularity with the kiddies these days. !)

Just about the time I realized that we hadn't seen Sheryl all episode (not even in the intro! Just as a poster on the wall in Ranka's apartment), she pops up, and we get the start of I hope will be a juicy confrontation between her and Grace.

Random thoughts: why the heck is Michelle holding onto Sheryl's drugs from way back? Was that Ranka's pet on the bottom right of the computer screen when they were discussing the Vajra? Holy nest of Vajra! In a ship! Somewhere... (I blinked, and missed exactly where.)

Good stuff overall. The episode put the characters ahead by leaps, bounds, and the messing with audience (Is Ozuma gonna die here? Nope. Here?) was great fun. Keep it up! Especially the hommages to previous Macross! (Bleeding out from your wounds is a sure fire killer, right? Rigghhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttt.)

Next episode looks like fun, too. Sherly vs. Grace. Aruto vs. Brera vs. Ozuma (not implying that it'll be Aruto vs. Ozuma. Unless if Ozuma finds out that Aruto's being making some night calls and doing undercover work with Ranka! Bwahahaha.**

** No. Macross F is definitely PG. None of that going on here, despite the show being broadcast late at night.

Oh that reminds me. Klan was pissy at Michel because he was asking her to introduce one of her friends who's into medicine or some such. Seems he's finally gonna have that pill checked out. Happy they just didn't forget about that plot point.

Yeah....and he probably already told Grace that's why she's so pissy bout it. Wonder what's with Grace-clone/Hive MIND AI short haired person at Leon's office.

-

- what's with the shower scenes?!

Check the demographics of Macross F. It's also probably stemming from the same reason that we got a cutisie Ranka intro. I swear, some to many of the MF fans are of the female demographic. (One of my middle school students is a confessed fan. I'll have to ask her how she feels about Ozuma. Especially since we got treated to a younger version of him.)

oh thanks dude, must be swell knowing Japanese, no need to read subtitles while watching anime :lol:

survived how many macross death flags ?!

death sign # 1 : promised to watch the concert but but had to leave for a mission !

death sign # 2 : character back story has been partially revealed !

death sign # 3 : solemn conversation with old flame !

death sign # 4 : looking forward to a pineapple-based dessert !

death sign # 5 : one-on-one fight with killer cyborg body guard !

death sign # 6 : used himself as a shield against a major laser attack !

death sign # 7 : blood all over the cockpit !

death sign # 8 : avoiding Medical attention in lieu of concert !

Edited by polidread

survived how many macross death flags ?!

I think the top line has to be spoiler tagged too. ^_^

So does this make Ozma GAR-rest anime char to date since Kamina? (cuz he survived)

Edited by wolfx

I think the top line has to be spoiler tagged too. ^_^

So does this make Ozma GAR-rest anime char to date since Kamina? (cuz he survived)

Well, charging at the new nigh-invincible Vajra with knives because missiles and nukes no longer works, has to count for something.

^_^

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Alright... if any one didn't catch Ozuma's "bleed out" death soliloquy: he realized how much Ranka has grown up/improved mentally (from the trauma) since he adopted her. Which is what the title's all about.

Me thinks that there will be a change in their relationship in the future. Possibly. Definite maybe.

(Hedging my bets, because it looks like the people behind the show want to maintain the status quo (not killing off Mr. Escape all forms of death.) It ain't broke. Don't fix it, and hope the BD and DVD sales are high enough to justify a second series.)

Thank God. I was expecting to be really pissed after this ep. And ummmm.. Invulnerable to Reaction Weapons is a bit much....

I don't think invulnerable is the right word. There's no telling how many red nasties were obliterated along with the yellow ankle biters. For all we know, the ones that survived were far from the epicenter of the blasts. As it is, their skin was cooked and ripped off. Hardly invincible.

Or "invisible". (Looks at VF-25 Messiah's latest post.)

Edited by sketchley

Or "invisible". (Looks at VF-25 Messiah's latest post.)

*cough* no spelling mistakes here... nope. None at all *whistles innocently*

Anyway, did anyone catch the familiar looking green tail from the hatching Vajra eggs?

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

On nicovideo...

On the basis of our offer submitted to the authorities; 6 major broadcasting stations in japan, this video has been deleted upon the judgement that the relevant video is a TV broadcast program.