Red Alert 3

evirus

The "Japanese" stereotype in RA3 is kinda in your face. So much so that it kinda makes RA3 joke-ish. Yuriko Omega....was really....lol. She even has a highschool uniform.

i'll probably get this game regardless. the air-sea-land and variability dynamic looks interesting. might be the be the closest to starcraft in terms of tactical variety, at least until starcraft2 comes out.

but i do agree with you that EA has just crossed the line from campy to goofy. parachuting bears? WTF?

seing the new weapons.....i feel its a little bit Goofy......whats with the school girl in uniform....did EA put Maria Ozawa??? heheheheh

just bought a new laptop with ATi 256VRAM...i dunno if that would be enough to play this game.....it looks hungry for hardware!!!

BTW im still playing CnC generals.....heheheheh

seing the new weapons.....i feel its a little bit Goofy......whats with the school girl in uniform....did EA put Maria Ozawa??? heheheheh

just bought a new laptop with ATi 256VRAM...i dunno if that would be enough to play this game.....it looks hungry for hardware!!!

BTW im still playing CnC generals.....heheheheh

I wonder what her "special attack" would be... :ph34r::lol:

Glad this game is coming out on the 360, I loved the campy fun of the first red alert game.

The Red Alert series was never serious to begin with. Remember the dolphin unit from RA2, anyone? Or, heck, the Soviet Squid? I still think those Kirov Airship zeppelin are still goofy. Seriously, look at those blimps! LOL!

Guess Empire of the Rising Sun will be the first faction I'll play when I try my hands at the game. :D

Well, if you have seen Machine Girl, then you know that school girl in uniform is deadlier than a stormtrooper ^_^

Well, if you have seen Machine Girl, then you know that school girl in uniform is deadlier than a stormtrooper ^_^

Dude, an Ewok is deadlier than a stormtrooper... :unsure:

And I'm rooting for the soviets in this one. Nothing like a cannon launched parachuting bear commando platoon falling on top of your troops to mess up your day. :wub:

(Why is it that I have this feeling that those guys at 4chan will LOVE this game?)

CnC is all about stereotypes... I'm surprised they haven't come out with some sort of African coalition with Basketball tanks that harvest chicken/watermelon as a resource... I mean that's what CnC games are when you think about it. :) They get away with it for some reason and we can all have some good fun.

Edited by Max Jenius

CnC is all about stereotypes... I'm surprised they haven't come out with some sort of African coalition with Basketball tanks that harvest chicken/watermelon as a resource... I mean that's what CnC games are when you think about it. :) They get away with it for some reason and we can all have some good fun.

They get away with it because they've only made fun of "white" people and asians. It would be an entirely different matter if they made fun of a "real" race. <_<

They get away with it because they've only made fun of "white" people and asians. It would be an entirely different matter if they made fun of a "real" race. <_<

GLA count as Asians? Well I suppose Central Asia is the new PC terminology for the Middle East.

Hehe, reminds me of the taunting voices from multiplayer Red Alert 2..... "Surrender! No, not 'I surrender.' YOU surrender!" - French guy. Speaking of Red Alert 2, I miss my desolators...

Hmmm... yes.... Whites vs Asians vs Blacks vs Hispanics vs First Nations = Red Alert 4. I'd actually buy that just because they had the balls to do it.

Edited by Max Jenius

Ah, well I just meant to point out that whites and asians weren't the only ones made fun of and that they included the Arab nations as well. I honestly don't mind and think it adds a sense of humor to the games. I wish my ethnicity (Mexican) made it into a Red Alert game... it's like when an artist is parodied by Weird Al; that's when you know you've made it! :D

Ah, well I just meant to point out that whites and asians weren't the only ones made fun of and that they included the Arab nations as well. I honestly don't mind and think it adds a sense of humor to the games. I wish my ethnicity (Mexican) made it into a Red Alert game... it's like when an artist is parodied by Weird Al; that's when you know you've made it! :D

well, my remark was meant to be more of an underhanded swipe at America's fascination with "race issues" where "race" is just a euphamism for "black" all the while ignorning the very real issues that confront all the other people in the world.

yes RA series is always about stereotypes. Sure RA was a copy of C&C. I mean the graphics are the same and the engine was the same. All they did was redrew maps and added some new units like the bug zapper trooper and bug zapper defense which was cool and funny. Still nothing really goofy. The movies looked serious but still you see the stereo types.

RA2 was stepping up to be a little wierd, a step up to being funny and stereo typed like we see the president smiling at the young girl that similary resembles Monica Lewenski, Texas accented General, hot commando played Kari Wuhr, funny witted Seal commandos. Now Dolphins wasnt goofy. US Navy is actually experimenting with them. It was the creators that wanted to have a counterpart squidds for the Soviets. And yes they even make fun of the tabloids in the in end where you defeated the Soviets. So the proportions where the tanks are giants to the police cars driving around NYC in the first mission but it wasnt bad. RA2 was borderline goofy. I love using those zeps. They are armored flying tanks. Takes a lot to kill them. Even Yuri's Revenge wasnt bad. The saucers were the only thing goofy in that.

RA3 is just plain outlandish. Spectacular explosions, flying bears, and stuff that looked like they were drawn for kids. I think of it as kiddie cartoons. It looks more colorful too. To me it seems like it breaks away from the traditional RA series. Sorry EA, I am not biting on this. It is one of the few I dont buy from EA. EA got my money for Bad Company and the Madden series and C&C TW.

• 1 month later...

I have the beta. RA3 isnt that bad IMO, course I'm not a very picky person either. The "outlandish" colors, attacks, and units don't bother me because this is a fun game to play. Too bad I suck at online play because thats the only thing that comes with the beta :lol: .

• 1 month later...
well, my remark was meant to be more of an underhanded swipe at America's fascination with "race issues" where "race" is just a euphamism for "black" all the while ignorning the very real issues that confront all the other people in the world.

I think you can't make fun of Jews as well.

Yeah, if RA4 had a Black & Jew alliance I'll buy 2 copies!

It's out, isn't it?

Anybody have it yet? How does it play? Particularly interested in the Empire of the Rising sun... the units are so anime-based... :p

If you click on the "Rocket Angel" unit enough(female power armor unit armed with energy whip and missile spam), I swear she says "Machida!"...