Max Payne Live Action Movie

wolfx

Does anyone even care about Max Payne anymore?

Hell yes!

Max Payne 2 is in my top 10 games of all time!

trailer looks really good. One assumes the angels are hallucinations. I loved the crossfade of his bedroom with the blood on the sheets going to the cold empty present. And the voiceover was really good, more like the games than id have thought.

Hell yes!

Max Payne 2 is in my top 10 games of all time!

trailer looks really good. One assumes the angels are hallucinations. I loved the crossfade of his bedroom with the blood on the sheets going to the cold empty present. And the voiceover was really good, more like the games than id have thought.

The trailer caught the game's atmosphere well. Hollywood better make this good. B))

And here's hoping the bloody dream sequence and crying baby will look as horrifying as in the game!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just caught it. Those expecting an action film....forget it. This is a film noir in every sense of the genre. I liked how they translated the game to the big screen. Abit disappointing that there was almost little to no gunfights in the whole show and there was only 1 worthy bullet time scene thrown in to appease fans but that's about it.

Those worried about the gargoyles don't have to worry anymore because its revealed early in the show they are hallucinations caused by the Valkyr drug.

It doesn't detract from the entire idea of the show so i felt it was fine. Generally a nice movie. Some friends who watched before me were disappointed since they were expecting john woo-ish movie but I knew better. :lol:

XD oh yeah god the blood trail, you screw your landing up on that one and you're pretty much toast. I was playing that game at one point from 8PM till 4 AM and got pissed off over that stage of the game cause I was running on empty and trying to keep my eyes focused.

Nice film... just can't see Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne... its not that he hasn't the acting chops... I think he has tons of talents... he's just got too much of that Marky Mark or Dirk Diggler on his face to be a convincing looking Max Payne. Could'a used Eric Mabius... now we'll never know. ^_^

Nice film... just can't see Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne... its not that he hasn't the acting chops... I think he has tons of talents... he's just got too much of that Marky Mark or Dirk Diggler on his face to be a convincing looking Max Payne. Could'a used Eric Mabius... now we'll never know. ^_^

When I first heard about Max Payne being made into a film about seven years ago, I always thought Edward Norton would be a good fit as Max.

Well, I kind of like the part where someone in the movie said... "when you were a kid, you used to hold your breath in grave yard... leave that man alone" about Max Payne... I suppose they needed someone who'd look like that naturally. That said, I don't think even Norton would have that look even if he tried. ^_^