Coming soon: The return of the 1/72 SF-3A Lancer II

Valkyrie

Last month, I had the good fortune of being able to buy the masters to Cobywan's 1/72 Lancer II resin kit, which has been out of production for several years now. And it gives me great pleasure to announce that it will soon be available once again!

The price has not been finalized, but it will be under $50

No firm release date yet either, but my goal is to have them ready by the end of August.

Decals may or may not be included, but all the necessary decals (all 4 of them) can easily be obtained from most any Hasegawa VF-1 kit

I've heard reports that the antenna blade from the original release tended to droop over time, so I'm taking measures to prevent that from happening in my kits. This will most likely involve having a carbon fiber rod cast into the part. I did some test casts with CF inserts today, and was quite pleased with the results :)

Now, so I have an idea of how many of these things I'll need to cast... Who's interested in getting one? :D

post-50-1216881637_thumb.jpgpost-50-1216881183_thumb.jpg

Last month, I had the good fortune of being able to buy the masters to Cobywan's 1/72 Lancer II resin kit, which has been out of production for several years now. And it gives me great pleasure to announce that it will soon be available once again!

No firm release date yet either, but my goal is to have them ready by the end of August.

Decals may or may not be included, but all the necessary decals (all 4 of them) can easily be obtained from most any Hasegawa VF-1 kit

I've heard reports that the antenna blade from the original release tended to droop over time, so I'm taking measures to prevent that from happening in my kits. This will most likely involve having a carbon fiber rod cast into the part. I did some test casts with CF inserts today, and was quite pleased with the results :)

Now, so I have an idea of how many of these things I'll need to cast... Who's interested in getting one? :D

One for me please

Cheers

Unfortunately, there will be no major revision to the kit. Cobywan was planning on updating it with more panel line detail and such, but he just had too many other project competing for his time to make it happen.

I'll be making a few small changes for fit and durability, but don't expect any hyper-detailing or anything. In my opinion, this kit doesn't need it anyway.

Unfortunately, there will be no major revision to the kit. Cobywan was planning on updating it with more panel line detail and such, but he just had too many other project competing for his time to make it happen.

I'll be making a few small changes for fit and durability, but don't expect any hyper-detailing or anything. In my opinion, this kit doesn't need it anyway.

Thanks for your answer. I ask because I already have this Lancer. In fact, it's built:

dsc00731redimensionarjj6.jpg

The kit is simple, but is well done, and when is finished, the Lancer looks beautiful.

Edited by cool8or

I'm in for at least one, maybe two!

Is it definite that this is a piloted vehicle? I always thought it was an automated robotic controlled vehicle.

I'm in for at least one, maybe two!

Is it definite that this is a piloted vehicle? I always thought it was an automated robotic controlled vehicle.

I always thought the same... I've never seen anything to indicate otherwise.

Put me down for four (4). Thanks.

Edit - Im an idiot sometimes :wacko:

Edited by Hyperion728

I always thought the same... I've never seen anything to indicate otherwise.

I also thought it was unmanned, but according to Egan's Macross Compendium, it states:

EQUIPMENT TYPE: SPACECRAFT

GOVERNMENT: UNITED NATIONS GOVERNMENT

MANUFACTURER: LOCKHEE

TYPE: UNS manned space fighter.

CUSTOMERS: UNS

Carrier-borne plane deployed on ARMD class space carriers; 78 deployed on ARMD-01.

Sorry Valkyrie. We can move this discussion elsewhere if you prefer.

Edited by azrhino

• 2 weeks later...